New Sons of Hodir Rep Tabard Coming Soon

I have never asked for any class balance changes. Balancing ilvl issues, caused by custom changes are a different story, because these are necessary due to said custom changes. The balance for profession bonuses make sense, because these were originally balanced and adjusted for each big content patch. Hand mounted pyro rocket, for example, is more than 2 times as strong, as it should have been patch 3.0.

The only reason I will not see these changes, is because Blizzard lacks manpower and does not care enough about their classic project.

I didnt mention these not “just because”. Instead I mentioned these because you asked. If you claim to never have an issue with lfg, with layers, never seen bots, or never played pvp, I can only assume you are not playing the game.

" [WoWhead comment 2009/02/27 (Patch 3.0.9)][Raise Dead]The 30 second cooldown will also mean the penalty of your pet getting killed will be a lot smaller. Hence I think with these changes our pets will be a lot more useful, especially in PVP."

When an unholy ghoul gets killed, used for corpse explosion or sacrificed, the ghoul is usually always instantly ready for resurrection, while the cd should start when it dies, not when the ability is used. This way there is basically no downside to losing the ghoul, while there should be a window of 30 seconds of not having a ghoul active, each time it dies.

You can look up others, wont make another list “just because”.

Yes, this one should be addressed, even though it existed back in the day. Not because its an original bug, but because its an unfair advantage, since not all races/genders can make the jump work. But Im glad you found something I havent termed correctly. Its not really a bug, but an original exploit that has more value of being addressed.

Thats your assumption and your opinion, not facts. In fact, I do have a problem with them not being addressed, especially big ones like RDF.

1 Like

Here we go again. “But but … my changes are very good!! PLZ BLIZZ, add them” …

Issues with LFG? Like … what issues? Dude, are you serious? Yes, I’ve seen bots now, and I’ve seen bots in Vanilla too. Layers are … the need of today’s …mentality. You like it, or hate it. But they are here to stay, for the most part.

Ok, I’m kinda done with you. You are not worth the time. Your “fixes” and cryings are usually nothing, but NOTHING important and most were “already a thing” back in the day, so there is a reason why they are not ‘fixing’ them. A lot of “not working as intended” actually stays in games, not only WoW, because…many or some reasons.

Carry on, keep crying. Its what you are good at.

…issues with LFG :)))))) Dude…

Lol this dude is a muppet, those issues are not issues because I said so xD … hope blizz is happy with the people they are catering to …

1.8k posts , well … seems you are a forum warrior after all, and a retail lover. Am I right?

Wait, so are this issues because you say so?

Why is it that only a small portion of the forums, and usually THE same ( forum warriors ) are keeping the same…propaganda?

Go to pservers. Maybe there is the place for you to qq…

You have 1.5 posting from retail char xDD you dingus

someone need this after half year wotlk? not like you can buy an item from ah under 3 daily q price to exa this rep almost instant, but hey :slight_smile:

Jagarde, I can’t hear what you’re saying when you have Blizzard so deep down your throat.

Most anti WoW Retail if you care to look.

But hey, keep crying.

Oh, is the Tabard blocking your ears? Or is it…something else? LOL

I get what you’re saying Jagarde but the main issue is that this tabard is just a pointless update. Blizzard could have snuck it into the game next patch without saying anything and nobody would have noticed it.

It would have been useful at the launch of WoTLKC, but now it’s just pointless.

And then, most of the QQers would say “OMG! NINJA update and Blizzard didn’t say anything!! LOLOLOLO Indie company” …

Again, its not useful for you, for me and most of the players, but HOW is this a bad thing being added? And no, I hope you are not going with the same propaganda that they should of work on fixes and stuff. That’s a different topic made by different people at Blizzard. THIS is a cosmetic item made by (99% sure) 1 guy OR, chances are that this was already made long ago and …it didn’t make it to Live and they are now adding it.

…or maybe it has a…hidden propose?

We are all here to play Classic which is miles better than Retail. Keep crying over “OMG, they should of fix WATER before WORKING on this Tabard” it doesn’t help. This are your usual facepalm people you get every day in the forums where they cry for literally every bit of a thing.

It’s a cool tabard, thanks Blizzard.

Admittedly the tabard does look nice, even if the addition itself is utterly pointless nearly three phases into the expansion.

I guess the lone intern responsible for the entirety of Classic wanted an excuse to put graphical design on their CV.

I guess this doesn’t hurt anyone, but on my server, buying enough relics to rank up Sons of Hodir all the way to exalted costs a little less then 50 gold, so less then one round of argent tournament daily quests, so for most people, this is pointless.

There are several issues. Examples:

• there is no inherit distinction between heroics and custom heroic+ in LFG
  • there is a large group of players not being able to use the note function, so they can only communicate their spec/gear/cr/dungeon version or whatever they are looking for, if they copy paste their info everyone or every group, while the tool was made to avoid exactly that
  • as soon as you add one cross-server players to your group for arena matches, you cannot list in the tool anymore

You might use the authenticatior to use LFG notes and might only look for heroic+ dungeons now, which are much more likely to find than normal heroics, but that does not mean these issues do not exists for other players.

I am not sure if you are aware, but if you check your own comments, you will come to understand your way of communication is a toxic one and mostly based on opinions.

I wont quote all the “you guys are crying, QQers, Facepalm, pserver players, suck it up” stuff you mentioned, since its too obvious. However, Ill address your “facts”, to try to make you understand.

While it is correct, that botting and gold buying has always been a thing, it is also correct, that it has never been as bad as it is right now. By far. Battlegrounds and rawgold farm spots like Botanica are examples to confirm this.

This is your personal assumption. Might be right, might be wrong. What you are trying to say is, that it was probably not much of a time investment.

This is an assumption, which is probably not correct, because as all the old databases existed even with unreleased gm and test items and the tabard was not part of it.

I named multiple things, that could be worked on, so your claim, that there is nothing they could work on, is objectively wrong.

Maybe something else would please that guy more, than a tabard, that might never be used by anyone other than a cosmetic. That players cannot be pleased, no matter what, is an insinuation, which is highly unlikely and would only be proven, if things they do ask for get added.

Assumption: done as a hobby. If the employees get paid for what they are doing, it cannot be called a hobby anymore. Assumption: literally one guy did this. Might be right, might be wrong, we do not know, so its definitely not “literally”.

Blizzard just created custom content in form of heroic+ dungeons with the current patch. And the funny thing is, I did not see many players asking for it, since its a retail feature.

There are players, who play classic for the classic design. If more cosmetic items would please the classic playerbase, we could add every tabard from any other expansion and additional custom tabards to the game, and following your logic, that would be a good thing.

As you already say yourself, bugfixes, addressing 3rd party programs or adding missing features are deemed useless by yourself, so why bother asking for them?

Thats your opinion.
No RDF, no arena teams, cross-server premade grouping, layering, no quest helper, no open world wg battle, no ring of valor, heroic+ with custom rewards, changed loot tables for p1 raids, changed ilvls for most p2 items across the board, custom class balance changes (new glyph), custom pvp rating requirements, custom difficulty adjustments for raids, end of season discounts, new barber options, new warlock succubus models, new custom lfg tool, new honor tabard to come and more!
This might feel “if anything” to you, but others perceive this differently.

This is your assumed story, with nothing backing it. I myself am not convinced that an artist also does play testing and implementation.

If other issues were addressed and communicated, the implementation of said tabard would not be received as negative, as we can see now. Its not really about the tabard, its about the message that they worked on something noone asked for and which has questionable uses besides being a cosmetic item and Blizzard announces it proudly. All while players are getting no updates from Blizzard concerning bugfixes, features and adjustments, that could make the game more like it was back in the day.

The thing is, players are not getting a game experience close to the original right now. And its kinda sad, but you are also wrong about the asking for buffs part, since it definitely worked for rets and feral dps. Personally I would have liked it more, if you were right and they did not touch class balance at all, even if players cried.

You claim 95% or even 99.9% of the player base would not have used quest helper, not used rdf, have never had an issue with layers, never been salty about bots or gdkp prices, never played arena, never had issues in LFG distinguishing heroic/heroic+ mode or were missing LFG notes. I do not think anyone playing the game could honestly agree with that statement.

The current official information is RDF wont come in wotlk and quest helper is being worked on and will arrive asap, but this info was during beta. So the statement “RDF, we knew will happen” is to our current state of knowledge not happening and “except maybe quest helper?” is the one that was confirmed.

Yes, but the point is the amount of bots and their presence/visibility.

While layers are a controversial matter, I was aiming at the issues with layering taking up to a few minutes to swap a layer and being able to see other group members. This is not about mentality, about liking or hating it, but about an issue, that should be addressed.

Ive been looking at every of your posts in the thread. I cannot say I found much besides baseless assumptions, opinions, wrong facts and offensive language. The only arguments that are of objective value regarding the tabard are that it probably didnt take much time to make/implement and that some players might welcome cosmetics.

1 Like

Well for some exalted recepies only maybe, but again it is faster with buying relics on AH.

I wouldn’t agree with this one only. The players can use this feature, they just don’t want to (because it requires an authenticator and they’d rather RMT without it).

It is true, that theoretically, every player could use the feature. However, reality shows, that not everyone is willing to agree to the requirements like giving Blizzard your phone number. Its the same reason, most people dont want to give away their data to “free lotteries”, because they dont trust the initiator what is happening with their personal information. Its similar to Blizzard, a lack of trust and integrity. Additionally, many do not want logging in to be more laborious.

So I stand by my statement, that not everyone has access to the note function, basically, because it is a downgrade of login experience and requires to give more personal information to Blizzard, which many do not want to do.

1 Like

Afters months of non-communication and content drought, we get a new tabard which is useless by the way since you can powerlevel that rep with a few gold coins. Can we please have a date for P3 or any relevant content update? Thanks.

3 Likes

Tabard looks nice and for some new players it will probably be welcome if they can do a dungeon…

I don’t care how long it took, who made it or how long it took to code and implement. It will make someone happy.

But it shows where Blizzards priorities lie. Hell, it would satisify me if someone took 10 minutes out of their day to blue post about at least hearing our concerns.

Something along the lines of:

“Dear WotLK classic community,
The past couple of weeks we’ve read a lot of your concerns in NA and EU regarding the state of WotLK classic. We appreciate you being so passionate about the game you love. For now we don’t have a ready-made solution to the challenges WotLK classic faces. We’re hard at work discussing the future of WotLK and beyond. Please hang in and wait for the announcement ??-??-2023. (Blizzcon?)”

Or something along those lines.

2 Likes

Not really unless the price for Relics of Ulduar somehow scyrockets since on average the quests leading up to Unlocking Sons of Hodir Rep in first place will give out enough gold to just buy enough for Exalted. And as you noticed the issue will be doing dungeons in first place

3 Likes