New Spec Ideas (Instead of new classes)

I think for the future it would be a cool Idea to further explore aspects or different viewpoints of certain classes instead of making entirely new classes.i feel that if we would not get a class but instead specs, a new expansion could house I’d say about 2-3 new specs, which would be the amount a normal class would have anyways.

Some of the possible specs could be the following:
-Minstrel (Rouge spec that replaces blade flurry with 2-3 aoe performance and or musical based attacks, and maybe a combo mechanic but that’s maybe a bit much)
-Tinker(Mage spec, thinking towards artificer from dnd, and that instead of straight up engineers, it would be infusing objects with their magic, maybe giving them a new cannon/artifact drone pet that would have command attacks inspired by actual military weapons like a mortar(arcane) or machine gun(frost) and flamethrower (fire))
-Envy (Demon Hunter spec, they get demonic stances representing the demons in forms of weapons that each give unique passives while in them, for instance voidlord would give them void armor and a shield and sword and make their abilites do less damage but be instance and grant passives that reward armor or health and whatnot, while felstaker could grant you a scyth that focuses on marking one target and getting unique passives aimed at single target dmg against the “prey”, swapping stances would be a solid channel time of 2,5sec(they can move in this but are slowed by 50%), but depending on what stance they are switching to an aoe effect happens around them like a taunt or burning or waves dmg)

Would you guys have any ideas what spec you’d like to see added to maybe your favourite class? I heard something about earth based shaman tank, but I don’t play shaman enough to know what that would entail. Or maybe you think this is stupid and would rather new classes instead, let me know cause I really want to know if I’m alone in this idea or not.

Paladin fourth spec would need to be ranged but no idea what.

I did actually think of that but I genuinely ran into the problem that it would basically be a heavy armored priest casue I couldn’t find a weapon to focus on that would be “paladin” enough.

Edit: Actually what could be cool is like a “cruel” take on paladins, further exploring that the light isn’t always the good thing. Like a DnD Oathbreaker or Vengeance paladin, that would use unorthodox Tecniques, like instead of the law it would take inspiration from medieval torture devices like an Iron Maiden type ability or methods taht would focus on crowd control, with a spin on “they think they are in the right” so they can still use the light, kinda like a mentally crazed paladin that’s gone off the deep end. And they would use two one handeds, as to distinguish themselves I suppose.

2 Likes

Gladiator Warrior.
Blizzard please for the love of God just dig up in your WoD files and bring it back.
SoD is getting a scuffed version of it now that is so far from being what it originally was and I’m still hyped for it.

1 Like

What would you want to change theme and playstyle wise for a gladiator warrior? Maybe like a Shield and two handed for a dps spec in hommage to gladiators with bucklers?

I’d love to see a Warlock spec, where they merge with a demon and become a melee spec, using summoned fel forged weapons.

1 Like

Funny story, I actually made envy(was soulforge) for warlock where they merrged with demons and got stances and weapons representing the demons instead of summoning them, but I though it might fit with demon hunters too and finally give them a 3rd spec, but I totally agree that a melee spell caster, wether warlock or mage would be awesome.

What would you name them if you had the choice?

hmmmmm

Fel Possesion, Hell’s General, Annihilan’s Chosen

No clue really, so difficult to think of a name to a spec, where the lore can be so wide and the amount of demons out there to use. Also it’s name to be a name that isn’t cheesy, but also a name that sounds cool & interesting.

Hexblade maybe, if I wasn’t inspired by dnd enough lol. Hell’s General sounds awesome.

I think demon hunters deserve their 3rd spec first and then branch into more role specs for everyone who mostly have only DPS specs. I think they’d have to bring support specs into play though for some classes as a warrior healer makes… no sense. A ranged Paladin would be a priest (although for the love of cake, please give us a holy dps spec as a priest) a lot of classes could benefit from tanking or healing, see SoD with Shaman, Warlock tank and Mage healer.

Overall I am more for new specs than new classes. We have enough classes.

The old Shockadin from days of yore.

There is plenty of scope for new specs.
Tanky Shammy.
Ranged Warrior.
tanky dodgy rogue.
Healing Warlock

Viciously throwing health stones at people

1 Like

Gilvion, my friend, another ranged DPS spec for mages? I expected more creativity from You! Why not battlemage, enhancing his melee combat skills with magic? Most mages portrayed in WoW books can handle themselves well in melee, why not explore that in-game?
Also, magic in WoW lore is extremely versatile: maybe a new support spec? Mages already have basic tools like slow to, well, slow enemies or time warp to hasten allies they can shield allies, and domany other things. Add some more beneficial/harmful effects, a bit of balancing and you have na very nice support class.

On a side note, while I like the general idea of new specs, personally I’d like blizzard to make an experiment and not add any new spec, talents etc. to the new expansion at all, and instead to focus on polishing/balancing the current ones more. And once that’s done, they could start carefully adding new things.

I personally loved it just the way it was back then.
IMO they should just introduce it back the same way it was in WoD so through the Prot talent tree and whenever you pick Glad stance you become a DPS in any group content so there won’t be any confusion about it anymore.
Remove Shield Charge and put Glad Stance in it’s place and from there it’ll be just like in WoD with perhaps a couple of changes but for the most part it’ll be a prot warrior dps.

Range Sv Hunter

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.