New Sylvanas Story ideas?

Hello there.

Recently I have been thinking about Garrosh 2.0- sorry, about Sylvanas as a character and I thought that despite what was done with her, she deserves some kind of refix by a fan hand. I thought about writing a story set in alternate Battle for Azeroth and focus on her becoming a Warchief that everyone would love, not just a cheap rehash of what was done already. Thought that I might write out a synopsis here and while I would be writing the first chapter, you could throw in your opinion and ideas from which I could find inspiration or some support from. Warcraft is one of the few things I never stopped loving, but I do not wish to see it becoming a wreck consumed by everything but passion and love which I saw the last time in Wrath of the Lich King.

Story synopsis:

• Sylvanas and the Horde faces a crisis as the Alliance seemingly dominates the whole Azeroth. Loss of Lordaeron and much of Forsaken fleet forced her hand to negotiate with Steamwheedle Cartel and Zandalari Trolls for support.
  • Throllgard Grimfist (OC) is called to aid field teams in setting up bases across Kul Tiras and aid Horde in Zandalar. He is respectable towards Sylvanas, but has his reservations about her plans and Nathanos.
  • Much of pre-Nazjatar/pre-N’zoth stuff remains the same way.
  • The Alliance launches a major offensive upon Dazar’alor with Kul Tiras, Kirin Tor and Lightforged Draenei laying waste to Zuldazar from all sides once all Horde forces were locked in skirmishes in Darkshore, Arathi Highlands and Silvermoon. Sylvanas called in all possible reinforcements to fight the Alliance off, but her risky gambit causes most of Horde forces to deplete themselves against Jaina’s magic and Kul Tiran fleet. Rastakahn is killed, Talanji gravely wounded.
  • With most of Horde leadership either distrusting her or being wounded, Sylvanas plans to leave all behind for a strange call to the depths… but is stopped by Throllgard. With a heated and deep discussion about Horde and its honor, the orc Death Knight offers her to talk to Vol’jin through a spirit ritual (followed by a battle with G’hunn if I manage it).
  • Seeing where her stubborn leadership brought the Horde, she aims to repair it as much as possible but Alliance pressure is too strong to allow her to think straight. With her being unstable to lead, Vol’jin takes her through the spirit world to let her understand what is going on… (no spoilers here, need to think it through)
  • Upon her return, she calls a meeting to Orgrimmar to discuss possible peace treaty with the Alliance as Silvermoon is being nearly destroyed, but the sudden Alliance attack upon Orgrimmar interrupts it. She finds a new will, realizing Horde cannot be ruled just like the Scourge or Forsaken as her wish to save her people collided with the Horde interests way too much and leads the city defence.
  • Anduin however halted most of the offensives, intending to give Horde a chance to peacefully lay down their arms. Genn Greymane and Tyrande Whisperwind do not agree however and despite Anduin’s wishes and direct orders, they set off to meet with Nathanos Blightcaller and plan a final assault upon Orgrimmar. With Sylvanas’ new will to fight though, their attack fails with heavy losses to Worgen and Night Elves (Horde only Warzone, maybe?) and Nathanos reveals he actually led them there to weaken the Alliance although he had to low below Horde’s honor.
  • With this victory, Sylvanas wants to set a peace treaty with Anduin without weakening either side too much to keep a certain balance between the factions, crediting Thrall and Baine to give her such ideas. Peace negotiations with all leaders of both factions present take place in Boralus (need to think what could cause Horde and Alliance to work together besides Naga - Dark Horde resurgence?)

My overall aim is to write Sylvanas in a better way that she was presented in Battle for Azeroth. I believe writers had a good opportunity to make her a different leader than Garrosh was and make her even more likeable. I do hope I will manage to get this story together. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.