New to AD - Questions & Looking for Community 😃

Thank you for answering all those questions! I was hoping for a server community that tries to avoid having single people “claim” ingame events such as defeating the Lich King and such. That’s a relief to hear!

5 Likes

Only exceptions I’d say being the BfA wars and invasions, depending on the character you could very well have had them partake in say, defending the Vale in Pandaria from Mogu, Mantid or N’zoth’s forces if you’re a Pandaren for example.

But generally yeah, as Lunarglade said we do tend to try and avoid claiming to have been a part of major things such as personally having a role in ending the Lich King/Argus the Unmaker IC.

1 Like

Very interesting and well written post, I my self is a big fan of D&D (A 5th edition fella)
I think you will find a few guilds of your interest quickly here.

I can assure you bout PCU is a friendly and likeminded bunch that created lots of found and fun rp events cross, non faction and even the neutral kind.

Experience Veteran or Beginner roleplayer, regardless the argent dawn´s roleplay community mostly if not always welcomes all.

Best wish of luck out there, Adventurer!

2 Likes

Basically avoid things associated with very close ties to the major lore figures. But general world events which would have impacted a larger population works well.

1 Like

The dice giveth and the dice taketh.

o/ Thank you for the warm welcome!

2 Likes

Hey there! Welcome to Argent Dawn.

If you like playing Blood Elves and you want to experience Blood Knight RP, take a look at our guild’s thread: [PCU] Blood Knight RP - Blood Edict of Vandellor 🩸
We are not the D&D classic group of adventures, but as part of the guild you may rise through the ranks, go on group and personal quests as you learn the ways of the BKs, forging your own Ransuer and other weapons with ingredients you collect throughout the events. There is a lot of room for character development and a lot of fighting against opposing faction involved!

Regarding PCU I believe my fellow PCU members have said all there is to say, we are just a collection of guilds that RP together and cooperate OOCily.

Strong if you are looking to be part of a neutral guild or just hang in Dalaran.

Horde RP is mainly concentrated in guilds spread throughout the open world. There isn’t really any city RP going on right now.

Very welcoming as far as im concerned, if you look to RP you have come to the right place!

3 Likes

What a terrible way to greet people to the server.
Let them gain their own opinions on PCU from their own experience. The PCU hate echo chamber is an horribly toxic cesspit.

9 Likes

There’s loads of cross faction going on these days thanks to tongue pots and crossRP add-on.

You have guilds like Coppersail Corsairs (yay pirates) who have both Horde and Alliance in the same “guild” (technically different guilds ofc but they operate as one)

And then lots of RP happening in places like Ratchet and Booty Bay and the like from both factions.

Sunnyglade Ratters is a PCU guild and honestly the biggest benefit is a large community who’s officers work tirelessly together to provide fun RP in guild and across the community.

Welcome to the server, hope you find a spot with a character you love!

2 Likes

Like most big groups, the PCU has a few bad eggs in it - really the best way to form your own opinion is to explore things yourself, see what does and doesn’t work for you. On average, I’ve met a lot more good folks than bad throughout the community, both within and without the PCU, and you’ll find friends wherever you end up.

Didn’t you tell a few folks to drink acid because they were in the PCU? I can understand not liking the community, but there are lines you should never cross, no matter how strongly you might feel about roleplaying in World of Warcraft. That to me seems far more divisive in both the immediate and the long term.

13 Likes

I dunno champ, when I first joined this server I got indoctrinated into a guild lead by people with such a hate for the PCU that they were apparently blacklisted for extreme OOC toxicity.
It took me over 2 years to figure out on my own that they don’t actually sacrifice infants to their Forsaken Male God simply because I, as a new RPer, got yoinked by a bunch of actually divisive nutjobs.

Rhetoric like yours is more damaging than a few guilds that have a couple of bad apples in them.

11 Likes

:thinking:

I’ve never RP’d with you but if you’re that inconsistent from sentence to sentence then I don’t think you’d be much fun to engage with. Meanwhile I’ve had fun in the PCU guilds I’ve been in, I’ve not stuck around in all of them admittedly but at least most of the members are generally aware that a statement that immediately contradicts a previous statement is a bad statement.

4 Likes

While not the same person, certainly does sound like someone I had the displeasure of interacting with this past month. Same sentiments and everything.

You have not only whispered people and told them to kill themselves over the guilds they roleplay in, but also loudly expressed how you wish to decapitate PCU players in front of their families. These are actual things that have happened. Maybe you’re not the best judge of character in this thread

8 Likes

I killed Deathwing IC.

6 Likes

You would have been right but I accepted I was being toxic as hell and actually went to therapy. Something more than half the PCU would benefit from themselves.

But hey the PCU can do no wrong right? Not harass players either and utterly kill whole communities to continue on their one way tract of conflict rp in a grand crusade to control a narrative with echoes of far right ideology.

I won’t hide my past. Your cult is no better than I am.

You still are.

True

True, we didn’t do that.

Lord forbid there is conflict RP in a game with a conflict in its very foundation.
Yet another ‘I don’t like it so therfore it must be [insert name of murderous totalitarian regime]’ take. Those are my favorite.

I would say, never change Ghormisa, but I suspect you desperately need to for your own health. I feel bad, really.

2 Likes

I don’t recall telling other people to drink acid, or calling entire community a far right cult because they like to RP conflict.
So no, I think it would be really hard to find people in PCU nearly as toxic as you are. And no, admitting you were toxic means nothing when instead of saying sorry you continue with it and call people you don’t like a cult.

1 Like

Every community will have some bad apples. But it is unfair to label an entire group of people as toxic because of the actions of the few.

There are some lovely people in the PCU who I consider to be my closest friends. I’m uncomfortable knowing that people like you tell them to fatally harm themselves for simply being part of a RP group.

10 Likes

Welcome to AD!

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear it had so little effect. I hope you one day find the strength to move past this grudge-fuelled fixation and improve yourself as a person.

8 Likes