New to game

Am also looking to make some friends on here if anyone wants to add me :smiley:

My advice is find an active social guild.

A lot of guilds that you may find within the guild finder ingame are mostly all inactive or have just at most 10 people online out of their 800+ player list.

Just take your time and enjoy the game, don’t rush it. You have many external websites to assist you if you get stuck and noone is replying to your messages.

Websites like Wowhead for example.

Also make sure you turn off/disable Trade & Services chat. You’ll end up being nonstop spam, which can flood out any normal chat that you may want to see.

1 Like

I absolutely second that … my life was changed when I worked out how to turn it off :slight_smile:
I also see both of you new players are on Silvermoon so maybe you can get together to do stuff?
Finally welcome, both. It’s great to see new people joining.

2 Likes

The game is absolutely massive and will no doubt be overwhelming.

I recommend ignoring the end game for now and just focus on the stories the game has to offer via questing. If that’s your thing, of course.

No rush.

And on a side note, as mentioned above about turning off trade chat… I highly recommend grabbing the addon called “BadBoy”, a minimalist package that’ll automatically deal with all the spam without needing to set it up.

Easily one of my top 3 addons that does a fantastic job.

There is a post at the top of these here forums where people can find friends on battle.net. It will be a blue post. Author punyelf.

1 Like

I often wonder if anyone finds friends via that post as they never come back …
Also there’s a new players’ forum where you can get help/hints/find friends.

Thank you everyone for all the info :slight_smile: just going to focus on the story for now. i do sometimes feel like i am missing something when it comes to some parts of the story but i’m really enjoying it so far

1 Like

Just take your time and enjoy it as much as possible, I personally found that my days of learning the game and the story were when I enjoyed it the most. I still enjoy it now of course, but in a different form.

1 Like

There Is No Rush!

Most people, if they stay at all, play for years and years. I’ve been here 11 years. It’s a BIIIG game.

You’ll be doing well if you can just find your way around in the next couple of months. :smiley:

Oh i plan on staying for awhile. i heard the games next big update is coming out this year so i want to get caught up as much as possible so i can check it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New expansions are always big “resets” (as far as gear and such is concerned), so you’ll start The War Within pretty much on the same gear and progress level (for that expansion) as everyone else – and you can explore and experience all the new content together with all other players. It’s always a fantastic time.

Rumours say late August or late September for the expansion release, so you have a lot of time to get into the game, try out stuff, and see what you like. :slight_smile:

This is absolutely the right place to ask about anything wow related, but there may be a more convenient solution. In-game You should be automatically assigned to “newcomer chat”, a special chat in which veteran players help out newcomers with the game. You can ask your questions there. Most of the time You’ll get an instant response.

Also: welcome to the community!

Welcome to the World of Warcraft!!!

This is a lovely place to ask questions as well as the official forums, newcomer chat etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wownoob/

It also has a discord if you prefer

That happens without doing anything. It’s one of the many glitches you may encounter.

yo dont have chance as new player ppl in wow are elitst and if yo doin low dmg or dyin first what happen they start complain or just kick and insult yo …every other game is better that this

Say no more little bow, I big cat will teach you everything you need to know.

Imma add you when I get back home from work

1 Like

Oh awesome. thank you! :slight_smile:

you can add me under XXXXXXX

Sent you a friend request!