New to Roleplay and looking for help

First off, big apologies for that title. I really couldn’t think of something better.:pensive:

Hi roleplayers! So I really, really want to try out (and hopefully get into) this whole roleplaying thing. Sadly I got absolutely no idea how. Not how to come up with a character, write them, play them, things you should do and those that you should avoid to make your roleplay fun for others and yourself. And I don’t think that my social anxiety is helping with all of this.

To be honest, I already fail at the first stage, not knowing what to even play out of character and I’m starting to get a bit frustrated. The only thing I am pretty sure about is that I would like to play Alliance since I mostly played Horde before and wanna see things from the blue side.

I would be so very thankful for any sort of tips or help or criticism. Anyone else with similar problems and/or experiences? (I’m so sorry for venting a bit with this post and I hope it’s okay to post this on the AD forum and not the general RP forum since I want to (role)play on Argent Dawn. Also very sorry if this is like the 9467th post of some confused rp noob on AD) Thanks! :smiley:

2 Likes

I suggest you change the title into something like “new role-player looking for a concept!” and you may find some advices; what do you want to RP as?

You have class/race preference? Let’s start from that!

1 Like

Hello! Welcome to AD and RP!

A good starting point for an Alliance character (since you’re not sure about race/class) is to play as a human since they are really versatile also any class that isn’t DK since they are a hero class and require some additional know-how.

Also, when dealing with your characters backstory, keep it simple! Just until you get the ropes.

Then its just jump straight in!

EDIT: Also, download the addons TRP and Listener (and crossRP if its updated). TRP allows you to create a profile for your character.

2 Likes

Hey :slight_smile:
I changed the title, thanks! I don’t really have a race preference but I always really liked warlocks (and similar stuff in other RPGs) though I don’t want to play a bad guy to be honest.

@Croecell
Thank you! Will get those Addons. :slight_smile:

So Human Warlock does sound neat, actually. Any idea how I would play one without being a “villain” type? I don’t think Alliance is nearly as open about dark magic as Horde is, right? (Not that Horde just accepts that either)

Maybe this warlock is trying the fight fire with fire approach? Using dark magic for “the greater good” (kind of like the necromancer from Diablo). S/he has seen what the legion can do and is trying to harness the power to help the alliance.

Also there was that warlock who saved… I think it was Varian? With a summoned… Felguard?

1 Like

That sounds nice! Though, to be honest I don’t really know where I would start with that character <.< Would it be best to look for a fitting guild right away? Not to forget that I would need to start as being new to magic. I don’t think I could pull of a more experienced character convincingly. Does anyone know of a guild that would be willing to take me onboard? Or maybe someone with an experienced warlock/ dark magic user?

I mean, if you think about it, Legion (the expansion) only ended a year ago in game time (every expansion is a year in game as opposed to the 2 it is IRL).

So your character could come from Westfall and witnessed the legion’s destruction right there and then and that was when they decided to become a warlock.

As for guilds? I’m not sure, but I’ll ask somebody with more guild knowledge to answer that question for you.

2 Likes

Hello!

Human Warlock is an interesting concept as relatively special as it may be.

As for guilds I can recommend Sunnyglade Ratters, they are Alliance-alligned Mercenaries who don’t mind getting their hands dirty, who also accept and have warlocks among them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.