New to RP, could use advice

I’m considering Role Playing a Paladin. My general idea is as follows;

• Level Alliance Paladin, Race not relevant, would chose on a whim
  • At low levels very enthusiastic, total devotion to the light, very happy and friendly
  • As I level become more jaded, unsure of the light, but more sure of myself
  • close to 120 I start to lust for power, abuse the light for my own needs and become very arrogant
  • choose to become a DK, delete Paladin, take the same name on a DK of the same race with same apperance
  • Start off DK, very power hungry, no very, very arrogant
  • As dk levels, mellow out, become more freidnly, less arrogant
  • Near cap, worry about my choice to become a DK, consider my actions past and present
  • At cap try to repair bridges I burned along the way, help many people to atone

So my question is, how basic am I and can anyone help me flesh it out? This is a bare bones concept and the more meaty parts would come from race and character background I’d write based on race / where they grew up

Being unsure of the Light usually makes you loose the ability to use it, just look at the Bloodelves. And intent matters as well, you don’t use it for power unless you think this power gives you the ability to do good, like the scarlets. They can use the Light because they think they’re right.

Many DKs were Paladins in their past, but you don’t choose to be a DK, you die and are resurrected by the ebon blade or the Lich-King.

1. DKs are not nice or friendly, they should be more or less emotionless after their resurrection
  2. Not really possible to repair burned bridges, dead is dead. And as a DK you are addicted to cause suffering, with very brutal Withdrawal symptoms.

Last but not least (because it affects the whole concept)
I’d not try to bring your level into your char concept. Leveling is a Timeline-mess and very quick, so you don’t really have time to play the stages accordingly.

1 Like

In game content has no influence on RP. Unless you want to RP-PvP which is fun, sure, but not all there is to it.
Your level or gear isn’t your IC power level.

The concept you posted seems like a long plot, seemingly lasting years… (Thus having it connected directly to your character’s level might be impractical.)

As Aethil replied, becoming a DK isn’t (lore-wise) a free choice…

The basic plot idea is interesting, though, if you want to utilize it. If so, I suggest a caster instead… Mage/warlock can be a messy transition, as both require a lot of practice and experience (meaning the character would be… not young, by the time you get to the “repairing bridges” part)…

If I remember correctly, some orc(s?) in the lore transitioned from shaman to warlock and back to shaman, (which means you don’t have to delete the shaman:)

but on Alliance side, only dwarves can be both shaman and warlocks.

If you go priest, you can do the whole plot on one character.

For example, start as dicipline priest… Go shadow priest when the power hunger takes over - and then go holy when the desire for self-redemption comes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.