New to RP, need some help to build my background

Hey guys,
Trying to build the background of my character (this DH). I got a story in my head but I’m a bit stuck on the birth place of my character. I wonder which spot could be suitable for a night elf that joined Illidan. I thought of Silithus but it’s a bit meh. Felwood would have been a good idea but the wiki says the Legion invaded thousands of years ago while the timeline is, unless I’m mistaken, not very precise on the dates if it has anything. I’m mainly looking for a destroyed village/city of the night elves.

I got the rest of the story cooking up but I would like some lore experts to help me out on the beginning ^^

Thank you !

Necroing this thread, but you can be born in nelf areas, you weren’t born as a DH, you either sought out to become a dh to help kill the burning legion or was forced to. In either case you aren’t required to be in a fel area, perhaps your parents made a deal with the demons and inevitably got converted, so you sought out illidan and wanted to become a DH?

Why not use the most common place for a nelf to be born?

I haven’t looked that much into demon hunters, but I think that the background/short story Kaenagorn made about is char is very good - maybe his story can spark the inspiration to the beginning of your char :slight_smile:

Oh stop it you… :blush:

Actually depending on the age of you character you could use Felwood. The legion has desecrated it only during the 3rd war (Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos) using the skull of Gul’dan. Before that it was normal. Of course at that time it wasnt called “Felwood”
Which in turn is a problem in itself since i dont think Blizz ever mentioned it’s old name. But you are an author you can use “tricks” like

“He cringed at the memories of his birthland: the place now called “Felwood” to mirror it’s desecrated horrific nature after the Legion’s invasion. It’s real name however he couldnt call out even in his mind - it brought up too much pain”

Or something like that, you get the general idea.
Also i actually like that you dont stick to the cliche of Ashenvale. I myself dislike such things. I have multiple NE chars and they al have some kind of stories behind them and he is the ONLY one from Ashenvale (because i once saw a really cool spot there that got stuck in my memory). So it’s a pure coincidence that i used Ashenvale in the story.

Good luck with your writing.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.