Hi guys, I’m completely new to RP in WoW, and I’m not really looking for it to be my focus moving forward (but if I do end up loving it, it could be).
While I’m not looking to hardcore RP everything I do, it is important to me that my character at least makes sense, which is why I’ve come for help.
To summarise, here is what I’m hoping to piece together:
- An Undead monk (former human) who was a monk before death
- After dedicating and sacrificing so much of their life for the Alliance, they wanted to return to human civilisation after being “risen”
- Humans are repulsed by his presence, and banish him, attempting to kill him as he flees
- The monk remembers the kindness shown to him by Horde races (likely Tauren, due to their compassion and sympathy towards the Undead)
- The monk, now hurt and betrayed, aligns with the Horde
My understanding is that “Chi” is largely about a living spirit from within, which Undead would not have. However, it does state that Chi is found within the monk, and those around them. I’m hoping it could be viable for a monk to solely rely on and use the chi of those living around them (which I suppose would rid them of their powers when completely alone)
I’m not sure how much the Undead remember about their previous life, but I would like for my character to remember most of it, such as his family, his loyalty to the Alliance etc
How would I go about fitting this into my story?
A very loyal and dedicated human monk, and is turned away from the land and people he once loved. Finding unity in the Horde, the undead monk taps into the training from his former life, to use the Chi of the living, to keep his body healthy and strong
If you have any tips for the story, or solutions for glaring issues with it, please do let me know.
THIS IS A FIRST DRAFT - I am looking to build on this, so that I can enjoy my Undead monk in game without feeling silly