New to warrior class

Hi there. its my first time trying to play a warrior. i read some articles and stuff but still i d like some advice. first of all i want to say that i dont care about PVP at all, i mostly play solo and hit a few dungeons.
a. What spec should i choose?
b. Race? all my chars till now are alliance because i love worgen. Now i m thinking about Orc or Tauren, although i prefer the first one, but for PVE what is best? I was thinking to go Shaman for Tauren

c. besides warrior… Undead? i read about warlock but i already have a 120lvl worgen. Undead looks pretty cool so i d like to check them out…
d. what is best for dwarf? i was thinking about paladin but already have a draenei one.

I know i ask a lot guys but i a bit of a noob. any advice is welcome!

I suggest u fury for solo content and running some keys.Arms imo is a bit better at dungeons due to strong aoe burst.As for the race i u don’t want to play dps choose the cow race more hp and aoe stun which is usefull at dungeons.Otherwise pick green skin orc , good racial active that lines up best with recklessness and an active trinket.I hope u will get your answer at rest.Thats all from me.

You were very helpful thanks. currently trying to get the flying in draenor so i ll wait for the rest if anyone answers. I want my hunter to finish everything lol. I even want to go back and finish every quest if it was possible. But i wanted to try something new and i heard warrior is pretty fun to play will so here i am. Thanks again mate!

1 Like

play what you want … LMAO

1 Like

As for race go for what you think looks best racials make 0.001% difference. I love the look of Orc warriors there shoulder pads are beastly and tend to mog much easier than Taurens and Trolls. As for undead im not a fan of the bones sticking through the armor so meh but as i say choose what you think looks best.

As for spec Id say go arms till about lvl 40 then go fury as its way quicker at that point. The difference between the two is Arms is alot slower and has to wined up but it hits like a train, taking war machine at lvl 15 helps ease this issue. Fury has big bursts with rampage and continuous lower dps between bursts. Blood thirst also restores 5% of your health so I find fury in the the open world keeps my dps higher to.

Best bet is to play about with both specs to use the same looms if you have them so its a simple swap

2 Likes

Thanks bro. all your advice were awesome guys. After i m finished with my flying i ll start the warrior.

As you can see I personally play Warrior on Orc. Fury as previously mentioned is fun to play but it’s constant skill mash - if you like dynamin play style it’s good. If you want more chill - go for Arms, yet Fury will have superior survival (actually I think it’s even better than Prot for solo due to self heals). All specs for Warrior are cool and you’ll develop in the end your own playstyle and see if you enjoy tanking or smashing with this class.
As for race it’s more cosmetic than anything else. If you like to be specific to lore or something than I’ll say Orcs will be very flexible to play as Warrior - almost every iconic orc in Warcraft hisotry had something of Warrior in it. Taurens have their “cheiftain” class from Warcraft 3 and RPG that fits perfect for Warrior but you’ll be limited to one type of a warrior (if you care for role play) but every spec fill fit. Personally I prefer tauren shaman rather than warrior. Trolls are great for savage brute warriors, not so much for tanking. Undead are easy - they are just pre-scourge Lordaeron knight / man-at-arms: you can fit anything you want. A savage mercenary hunting for living, old knight who seeks redemption for his action when was under the control of Arthas or anything you’ll think about - they are almost flexible as Orcs. Blood Elf warriors are not common (they originally was not even there) but faction leader is warrior and looks cool. You can be war combatant from battle of Sunwell or something - every spec fits. Goblins are tricky one: here and there you can see words that goblins are small and weak and shouldn’t be warriors. Nothing wrong with being a bruiser (which are present since the beginning in Booty Bay) or maby some augmented crazy engineer that developed some strength enhancing machinery. Also with new Mechagon zone there is cool sword and shield combo for engineers (if you like it). Last but not least we have pandaren which fits to warrior more than you can think. You can be some chineese style general - weapon master (there as a lot of asian styled armour and weapons in every weapon class) to fit any role but if you don’t like asian style - stay away from pandas.

For your undead question: rogue was also common choise. Hunter is fun. You have advantage of that you have racial self heal after fight so you can choose a class that don’t have self heal for solo play and be able to quickly regenerate after tough fight. Warlocks fits lore perfectly, warriors too, rogues and hunter can be cool also. Shadow Priest feels amazing too.
Dwarf? WARRIOR! For Khaz Modan! Fury Dwarf is so iconic that it has it’s own name - mountain king. Protection warrior will also look cool with axe and shield - like iconinc Warhammer dwarf. You can also be that trailer-like hunter with gun and bear. Dwarves are fun shamas also. Wildhammer clan is cool and pair it with Gryphon mount and you’re like from Warcraft 3 (or even Warcraft 2).

2 Likes

Bro even if you had writen 10 pages i would read them non stop. Amazing feedback. Thanks a lot. My main will always be worgen hunter I just love playing with the pet too. But i want to make a few more characters to play from time to time. at first everything i chose was a wargen… priest, shaman hunter everything. but after i read many peaple following specific storylines and stuff, it got more interesting. I want to learn the story behind almost every race. With my hunter i ll try go for the loremaster achievement.
The races-classes i decided to tell you the truth are (havent decided for draenei to tell you the truth).
Orc - warrior
Dwarf - warrior or pala
Blood elf - mage
Undead - warlock (although i have a 120lvl worgen) or DK (but i would like to start him from lvl1 though so i guess not)
Tauren - Shaman

Thanks for the help man!!

Both Orc and Dwarf can be actually played the same: good’ol fashioned warrior that went through many wars and every single spec fits them perfect. Both have racials that are amazing for warrior both in terms of mechanics and estetics. If you’re more Ally player go for dwarf, if you want try out horde - go for orc. I’ll swap alliance with this toon as soon as I unlock Zandalari troll on this character (for story I have another 120 character I have allredy finished Tides of Vengeance). Check some armors decide what looks to you more appealing. Also consider professions. Some of them just don’t feel right for an orc or dwarf.

Blood Elf Mage - also my choice (fire mage with heritage armour) but I will reroll for Nightborne once I unlock the race alongside with heritage armor (and then spec for Arcane).

1 Like

Well i ll start with orc first as a warrior. i ll start a dwarf only after i unlock the dark iron one… I d love to get the Nightborne but dont know if i ll play that much with my other characters. as i said i want to finish first everything with my hunter.
btw can you unlock flying using both alliance and horde characters?? i mean for example if i do some exploring with the one and some with the other, do you get 100% with the two combined?

It works for same faction characters for sure, dunno how achievements behave for different faction character cause I don’t play Alliance at all (yet).

1 Like

I would suggest you to go for Undead lock (affliction).
If you want a dwarf, you would roll a regular dwarf pretendig to be an Wildhammer shaman (melee of course) for example of dark iron warrior (protection). As a mage, I have 2: Blood elf fire mage and an human arcane mage (female, of course). Also, an retribution paladin lightforged dranei with some ligh (not Light) armor and spear is awesome. Finally, an void elf subtle rogue is great too (I have a goblin subtle pretending to be a SI:7 agent).

1 Like

Welcome to the worst class in WoW…Reroll before its too late

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.