New UI in Dragonlands is great, can we have it in classic?

Hi,

I absolutely love the new UI of wow retail, finally after 10 versions of the game you can play it without addons, and its comfortable and looks good.

Classic`s addons giving me errors and slowdowns constantly tho. Can we have the full retail UI (including aoe loot) inplemented in classic already? Do i NEED to struggle more if i want to play classic?
Why not? Whats the issue? You have already made a lot more drastic core gameplay changes already anyway…

P.s. and i would say you could do away with spell ranks too, in wotlk you want to use max rank always anyway; that money sink learning new spells when leveling isnt that big a deal, just an extra annoyance.

Hell No!!!

10 Likes

* high pitched demonic screeching *
DON’T!

5 Likes

And the talent system in DF is just amazing. You can use at least 5 different specs. No need to import class talents, just being able to have 5 different specs would be great.

Why do you need 5? You need 3 at the most, and that’s only for the fully hybrid classes.

1 Like

AOE loot isnt part of UI. Its QOL feature. UI is what you see on your HUD.

1 Like

wat i relly would like honest auto dungen finder from 10 to 60 thet dead content this point gap becoming too big

7 Likes

Main spec pve, Pvp spec, off spec for pve, spec for farming anything(for me it’s Karazhan) and etc.
Druid needs even more specs: Balance PvE, Restor PvE, Cat PvE, Bear PvE, farm spec. pvp balance cat pvp

1 Like

Absolutely this x10!
I understand the “society” aspect they are trying to preserve for endgame.
But I would go as far to say that the dungeon finder should work till lvl80, and include all PVE instances in the game, except lvl80 heroic`s and raids.
(and by all instances, i mean old raids too and giving xp, scaled down to maybe 10 ppl, so it doesnt take forever to get the automatic group)

Why. The. Hell. Not?

1 Like

Why not? Make it an option like the gear manager or talent preview and you’ll never have to see it.

Not like people don’t install addons to completely reshape the UI anyway.

1 Like

Having tried keep my UI looking the same in retail as it was before DF, the once I played it, even with fully updated addons I was getting hundreds of errors and could not make the default one save and look anything like I want it.

If the DF UI is brought to Classic then I’m out. Seriously, I’m not being a drama Queen.

3 Likes

Over my dead body.

Including heroics.

Did you read Jeynar`s reply to you? What if it was an option to turn on?
You, personally, could just never turn it on and you can still use all your buggy, yet fully updated addons and enjoy the errors.

While i would use precisely 0 (zero) addons with the modern DF UI in wotlk.

That’s the point, now I have the UI exactly as I want it with 0 errors and using the DF UI would mean the errors would be back, besides, it’s not very #nochanges is it?

Also the client is not the DF client so it wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

Ok, but i cant use the default classic UI without addons. Its terrible.
Main points: I like to set up a 6x4 button grid in bottom mid of screen and set up key bindings that look like the keyboard part under left hand. (I never use my mouse to click on spells in bars, i like to use keybinds to instantly press spells without looking at them)
Its very intuitive and comfortable. + the combined bag, +character and target frames need to be in low center not top left (where you cant see anything if you play on a monitor bigger than 20". - this classic UI was designed when most people were on 17" CRT monitors by the way)

DF UI allows to do this without addons. For Classic i need addons, which crash and give problems all the time.

Personally, i think the fact that it took blizz 10 versions of the game to redesign the UI for monitors post CRT era - is peak garden variety incompetence.

And you can do that without any addons as well in classic, you can unlock both your own character bar and the enemy bar easily and move them how you want them to be.

So what you are saying is that you want them to rework the UI specifically for you and your needs?

If you can’t use the default UI just go with Bartender/ElvUI and do whatever you want, no one else has to use your playstyle or the Dragonflight one, which in fact is terrible.

And I absolutely hate it. How about no

3 Likes

No. What they are saying is they are like me, and want it set up a specific way, which they can do themselves with addons. The DF UI won’t let you do that.

Most addons I tried for DF caused so many errors they slowed the game down. Besides: