New world quests not always giving reputation reward

Hello Blizzard or all who are interested. Just logged in to scan my map for new world quests and I’ve just noticed that a couple of the world quests (“Chew On This” - Isle of Dorn, “Beetle-Minded” - Azj-Kahet) have no faction name and the reputation is greyed out. However these world quests are fresh. I may have completed them before during previous appearances but there are plenty of other world quests that have appeared and the reputation reward resets too and I can re-earn it on a character.

Is this a bug? It certainly doesn’t seem to be right, my understanding that a world quest (or a specific instance of a world quest) can only grant the reputation reward once, however, if the quest then reappears the reward is refreshed, and this seems to be a little inconsistent.

Also of note is that the skyriding world quests (IIRC) were not rewarding the contract reward bonus either. There are a few “discrepancies” here that need to be looked at.

1 Like

I am having this same issue as well, including a friend of mine.
We even compared to each others world quests that didn’t provide any reputation reward, and we didn’t have the “issue” on the same world quests.

Surely this must be a bug with the system. I’ve had this issue since early access, at which point I had never done a single world quest ever before but there were still a few world quests not providing reputation.

Blizzard needs to look into this or at least provide information if this is intended - no clue why this could be intentional though.

Yes, another new one today - Construct Containment in Ringing Deeps. Newly up today - no reputation reward, the faction name is greyed out.

Also just now, did the climbing one in the far west of Hallowfall (Beledar’s Blessing)…this time said I would get reputation but it gave my the contract reputation but not Hallowfall reputation. It is quite erratic…

Just to prompt Blizzard, is there any chance of any feedback on this before it slips down the table?

Hmmm, I’ve seen some updates from Blizzard given for other tickets but not this one, is there any chance of an update?

Any feedback on this?

Daily bump to try and get a response from Blizzard on this…

Thanks Sausageroo – I understand that you, same as everyone else, would like an answer to your topic. There’s no need to keep bumping the thread.

For more info please see the forum guidelines.

Well quite frankly, there is. You’ve bypassed my topic on multiple occasions without response. I just want an acknowledgement and if there is any action plan for this bug…I don’t think that is an unreasonable request as a subscription paying player expecting a certain minimum level of service. If I hadn’t this thread would’ve slipped off the first page never to be seen again.

1 Like

Four days since I was last here, over a week since I posted the original thread? Is there any update on this bug?