Newbie to RP, Looking for a RP guild?

Hello! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As the title says I’m completely new to RP and I’m looking for a guild to learn with and develop my new main character with and that will forgive me for being a noob.

11 Likes

Hello and welcome to Roleplaying :slight_smile:

I assume this is your main, a void elf, so i suggest the void elf guild Umbral Vanguard :slight_smile:

Good luck and happy Roleplaying :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to AD

3 Likes

Welcome to Argent Dawn, it’s great to see you’re here with the intent of Roleplaying. Finding a guild for new players in my opinion is one of the most important factors for learning the ropes. Though it is also a two way process, people won’t be around to simply spoonfeed new roleplayers.

Tips before joining a Guild

• 1) For starters read up on some lore, you don’t have to be a lore nerd but definitely learning the basics will suffice. Especially the lore of your character race.

• 2) Second of all, read through some roleplay guides. They’ll be blocky, but again the basics will suffice as there’s a lot to take in which you will learn along the way.

• 3) After reading up on these two points above, time to make your character. Make sure it abides with the lore, I highly recommend sticking to simplicity nothing too special or flashy, less errors will be made and it’ll allow space to adapt your character overtime as you learn the ropes. (Addons such as TRP3 or MRP - are also a requirement)

Finding a Guild

• 1) There are many different places to find a guild;
    Argent Dawn Forums
    Argent Archives
    Ingame advertisement
    Roleplay

My suggestion is first of all to get to grips and begin making interactions with other roleplayers, meet some new people and learn the ropes slowly. Whilst also keeping your eyes open for a guild. If a guild continuously sits in the Cathedral Square all day, then logs off, that’s a red flag and you’re bound to get little roleplay from them.

• 2) Make sure you know what you’re signing up for, whisper the GM beforehand if you’re uncertain and see if the guild meets your tastes. One thing you don’t want to do is sign up for something that you’re unsure about. So yeah know what you’re joining before joining.

Guild

• 1) You’ve made it and you’re now part of a community of roleplayers! Communication is the key from now on, ask around if you’re unsure about things and be open to constructive criticism. People love helping out, so don’t hesitate to ask. A lot of time and effort tends to go behind most guilds, so make sure to put an effort in for them aswell! Anyways I wish you good luck and hope this helped out abit.
7 Likes

Welcome to the most amazing and craziest corner of WoW
We should actually have a pinned and simplified welcome to AD.

3 Likes

Yo Seråh, welcome to AD :smiley: Don’t worry much about noob-ness, practically every guild out here is happy to adopt newbies who want to learn.

I’m going to link you to a comment I’ve written previously to someone in the same situation as you. It’s aimed at helping you get started on RP and decide on what kind of guild you’d like to try out.

Your guildies will probably be more than happy to take it from there in teaching you the ropes.

Hope this helps and again, welcome to the community, good luck in your search for the right guild. Which you can then narrow down further by following Arethorn’s good advice above.

Edit: I’ve added a link to the guide for new RPers, as well as a link to our Useful Threads stickie that has a wealth of cool race-specific and topic-specific RP guides.

I hope you like reading :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the guides! All very helpful and much appreciated :heart:

Edit:
I guess I’m just a little scared to jump into something with people that have been doing it for such a long time :disappointed_relieved: I do have a backstory for my character etc but I’m just slightly nervous about going up to someone and start RP which is why I was hoping someone could help me with a guild :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome to AD! I might not be able to offer a guild up for grabs instantly but if you ever want to RP, don’t fear contacting me!

1 Like

Totally understandable. It can be a bit of a chicken and egg thing but you’ll likely feel most at home in a guild that suits your tastes and has a RP style and theme that appeals to you.

Don’t be shy to ask “Hey is there a guild for X?” here on the forums :smiley: You might just be surprised.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.