Newbie WoW RPer looking for guild and/or mentor into Orc RP

Salutations denizens of Argent Dawn!

The title is pretty self explanatory but let me give you a bit more information if you’re taking the time to take a read of this!

RP History:
Not new to RP concept as have had long time involvement in writing fandom RP via forums, Discord and PBeM, however have done VERY little in terms of WoW RP. Have given it a go in the past but have felt very overwhelmed and not sure I was ‘doing it right’ which has scared me away again! But one of the things I continue to love about Argent Dawn is seeing the little hubs of RP and often find myself perching not too far away to have a watch as some of the stories people come up with seem like a lot of fun! As a super casual player with no competitive interest these days (all grown up with too many RL responsibilities!) I keep coming back to the idea that getting into an RP community would be another fun way for me to enjoy the game and perhaps meet some like minded folks to hang out with.

Character Concept:
Given it might be useful in terms of who might be a good fit, I’ve been dabbling with a character concept but am very aware it may not be Lore friendly (and am hugely open to tuning this or even considering a different route/race altogether). But in a nutshell: Fairly young adult Mag’har Hunter who was seduced by the Iron Horde ideology of ‘one tribe, one banner, one power’ and naively believed that it was genuinely what the Orcs needed to unite as a single force. Further enthralled by the beasts used by the Iron Horde and was likely involved in hunting parties to capture and tame/train new additions. Ends up defecting/fleeing the ranks at some point and currently trying to reconnect with the natural ethos/beliefs of the Hunter ‘path’ and companion bond as a sort of penance/self-discovery (again, can be fine tuned). Likely still has strong personal ties to Draenor and considers it her ‘true’ home. Currently toying with the idea of perhaps having been exiled from the Frostwolves but this is a bit up in the air as I’m not sure what Clan suits her origins best.

So, down to the important stuff - what am I looking for?

Well, as I say, veeeeery new to WoW RP full stop, let alone Orc RP. I am a bit of a stickler for knowing I’m ‘doing it right’. So ideally I’m looking for a bit of a combination of a guild with the patience to accommodate a newbie but who appreciates that I have variable availability for events due to RL work commitments. On top of that, I’d be really interested in connecting with someone who would perhaps be willing to take me under their wing a bit and ‘show me the ropes’ as it were, particularly when it comes to the nuances of Orc RP and perhaps willing to work with me a little to build a solid character foundation.

And on a final note - a little about me: Older long time player (30+), UK based, horribly dry/dark sense of humour, makes good cake.

If anyone would be interested in having a chat ‘face to face’ as it were, feel free to hit me up in game or via BattleTag (Recluso#21788).

8 Likes

Best bet would be checking these guys out!

They’ve been doing it so long they know all there is to know!

Good luck in your search.

7 Likes

Wow, someone beated me to it.
Thank and damn you Hruroth!! <3

But yes! Hello! Orcs of the Red Blade is an orc only guild, and we’d happly help you with both RP and orc stuff! You can read more about us in the thread Hruroth linked. ^^
If you would like to poke us in the game, we are usually more active during the evening!

Personally I would also suggest that you look into Blood Howl, Ashblood Clan, Wandering Serpents and Dust Devils!
Except for Ashblood who are orc as well, these guilds are multiracial. And all of them are great guilds who can help as well!

I hope you find what you’re looking for and enjoy RP! ^^

2 Likes

You can also check Chosen of Drwanor

2 Likes

Sounds like the Chosen of Dreanor could be a good place for you! We interacted lots in the past and they are simply super nice and friendly (in an orcy way of course… :wink: )

Reading through your post and reading that you “want to do it right” just shows how much you care about it even with little time on your hands. And sure there are things that one could do wrong, but you really seem like a person where it won’t be an Issue.

Same for your fear that it might be a bit of lore bending, I personally say it isn’t at all. The Iron horde was all about uniting the orcs so (at least to me) it would make sense if there are some here and there that see value in that, no matter what clan they are from. I would even say and go as far to say that I like that character concept, because it adds even more to the loss of your homeworld because you also lost the Iron Horde and all that you believed in. There is just a lot to play on there.

You also said that you have little time and I personally can only say how our caravan is handling this, but as long as you come online two times a week for rp (not even to event times just in general to rp) then it’s all good. (And if you can’t meet that for a week or two you can always talk to people, we are here to have fun after all)

I’m in almost the exact position as you, but on my Draenei. Was just about to write a similar post, so just wanted to wish you good luck! :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Regarding this, it’s a very minor thing that could easily be changed if she crossed over into Azeroth during WoD rather than in BfA. In alternative Draenor 30 years passes between our leaving after WoD and returning to get the Mag’har’s aid in BfA.

1 Like

I can highly recommend the Chosen of Draenor, they’re a great guild who are also very welcoming to newcommers!

Welcome!

You should check out Chosen of Draenor. Very cool people.

Red Blade looks solid, I’d give it a shot

2 Likes

I would definetely check out the Red Blade. That guild has been around for a long time with a rich and developed theme. If any place is a good place to learn it’s the Red Blade.

2 Likes

Kinda in the same boat myself, dipping my toes back into WoW rp after such a long time away n wanting to see what the Orc scene is like these days, checked out Ogrimmar n that place just doesnt resemble a rp hub anymore like I remembered from Wotlk days

Orcs of the Red Blade are an amazing bunch of folks, really great place for Orc rp.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.