Newer content and performance

Hello there!

I am a returning player, without the best computer setup. My laptop can run the game fine, but has some problems with overheating. I have been able to reduce this problem to a bare minimum by optimizing the computer and it’s surroundings.

I am leveling up slowly and enjoying the game. If however never content is more demanding I would like to be a little prepared.

Newer content to my eyes look more fancy graphics wise, but I assume most I see online is from higher settings where there is more difference from older content.

My question is this:

Is the performance requirements somewhat consistent over the same(very low) game settings or is newer content more demanding on the computer?

My laptop suffers also since the implementation of no true fullscreen. Try getting a cooling mat too. With super low settings and that it should be playable.

Welcome back!

Yes, newer content has even higher demands on your PC. It’s a curse. :frowning:

Outside of hardware changes and tweaks, you can also:

• Put your graphics settings to 1
  • Enter the commands in this thread Graphics macros for better fps (Updating for new forums)
  • but then set your Projected Textures back on - you need them to see the fire you’re standing in!
  • Reduce your Resolution Scale. It will make your details blurrier but do wonders for your FPS. Strike the balance most comfortable for you.
  • Cut your addons to the minimum.
  • Reseting your UI is a nuisance, but can clear out stuff and improve performance, especially after updates https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

Oh, and if you are on the Graphics option setting DirectX 11, try the setting DirectX 11 Legacy. That sets you back, apparently, to the graphics handling before the recent patch, and helps older machines a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.