News about Server Transfer

So i ask a GM support and disscuss about free server transfer. So what the GM Suport said that their is no future plans as for yet for server tranfers but as one of the devlopers said, that they might add free tranfers. But as for momemt they want to wait longer before making more realms and free sever tranfers. As to prevent dead realms, merging low pop and prevent people getting angry that they have to change their names again. So the team are waiting for the other percent of people to stop playing as it happens with a huge amount of players on lunch and it only been 1 week when classic released and hopfully for couple of weeks, it settle down.

2 Likes

I already have two friends who stop because they work and they can’t really play because of queues … I understand the devs it’s very hard to know the number of people who will stay but when they’ll remove layering it’s gonna be the same thing, in phase 2, PVP system will come and with it, a lot of people, and the queue will rise again it’s 100 % sure

2 Likes

Yes and people got jobs etc and family and they sshould do it soon but it annoying that people starting use software now to stay non afk and using remote desktop to control on phone to move a bit to prevent to get kicked and it hurting the player that really want to play than go afk. Which they really should have realm tranfer now but have to wait and see how it goes.

The devs have nothing to do with this sh*tshow. It’s managment’s fault.

The problem with them waiting, is that people will stop playing sure, but it is because they have school and work and cannot play because of queue. When they get home, there might be a queue for the rest of the evening, and that was that day.

All of my friends work around this issue and play everyday, but I guess asking for 5% effort is too much so people prefer to complain and quit

1 Like

I work 9-6. How exactly do I “work around” the 4-5 hour queue I sit through every night?

1 Like

I reserved a name on Golemagg with 4 of my irl friends and 2 brothers, the first day of launch I was in a queue of 22,000 people. This instantly told me to abandon ship, I joined Dreadmist as it was one of the only ‘low’ populated. The worse queue i’ve been in is 5 minutes (700 people). The problem here is of course blizzard’s failure to address how popular classic was going to be and not releasing more realms for the name reserve, but also the 22,000 people in that queue that refuse to change realm.

Go on a server with a shorter queue, I guess. I mean, this is a post about server transfers - but if you’re not able to play, I doubt your character is a crazy high level, so a free server transfer seems rather moot. Ergo, re-rolling on low/no queue server should be do-able? If the choice is:

• I quit Classic WoW because I can’t play.

Or

• I re-roll on another server where I can play as much as I like.

I’d choose the second option, personally. Unless, of course, your character has had a lot of time and investment put into them and are a decent level with decent gear. But then I’d say queues really can’t be too much of a problem, because you’ve clearly had a lot of play time.

Use Chrome remote desktop, queue from work

2 Likes

My main is 27. I leveled mostly over the weekend.

I also tried rerolling on one of the new realms last night (Judgement) but im not entirely convinced thats a good choice either. The AH was bare. I saw maybe half a dozen other players in the 3 hours I played. My census scan only picked up a few hundred characters all night.

I’m also worried about free transfers and blizzard funnelling high levels from overpopulated servers onto it. Resulting in me being ganked constantly.

1 Like

Controversial solution but you could install TeamViewer on your PC and your phone. Remotely login while at work.

When you come back home around 8 pm and you can’t play before 10:30 or 11 pm and you go to bed at 11:30 because you have to get up the next morning, they should be happy to play only 30 min per day

I come back home at 8, queue at 5, enter my apartment with my character already logged in
literally all of my real life friends (12 of us) who play woW classic do this

I do this, and I’m aware it hurts people who want to play while I’m at work. Believe me, I’d love to not do it, but that would have to be in return for a guarantee that I could then get to play when I get home.

I can’t have that guarantee, so I will have to remote desktop until the queues stop or become more akin to ~60 min wait (as opposed to the ~5-6 hours I’d have to wait currently)

Free Character Moves Coming Soon

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.