Night Elf Dark Rangers

The Void Elves as in Stand-off for the High Elves.
As the high Elves are not playable and they wanted instead to bring Voidelves as an high elv replacement now void elfes have high elf looks too so void elf getting option is actually ment fallen Farstrider returning to their people.
Which is strange for me as most High Elves that turned to Death Knights went to the Sin’dorei too but as Tah said:

1 Like

You won’t find any evidence to that because there isn’t any. The only thing Tyrande said was back in BfA when they were first raised and they didn’t take her up on her offer. Atm she’s in Ardenweald so kinda impossible for her to take them dark rangers back in. The only thing that dark ranger quest in Tirisfal says is that they are free to leave (the Forsaken) if they so choose, but no one knows if the Alliance will take them back. Atm that’s the status quo we’re operating with in the present timeline and it will be so until Blizzard ads new content to show dark rangers being taken on. Even Delaryn says the same thing, that after Darkshore she’s not sure if her people will ever take her back hence why she chooses to stay with the Forsaken. And yes, while blizz might add something on the matter in the future, it doesn’t mean they have as of yet and that is what matters to us given we RP in the present, not in the future. Unless we RP bronze dragons, in which case time is relative.

2 Likes

Void Elves are a narrative mess now in all honesty.

The only way to reconcile certain in game appearances with canonical fact is to, well, disregard them as canon and to see them as examples of player expression.

In truth every problematic customisation that does go against canon is a void elf one, hence them being a narrative mess that has to accommodate what they really are (thalassian elf void mutants with blue skin and tentacles) with what a certain group wanted them to be (pure high elves).

As such shoving Dark Rangers in there as well is no biggy. You can’t make a mess messier by adding more mess, so who cares?

Just take it that all void elves are the blue skinned kind and anything else is a hallucination. Works out better that way.

3 Likes

Nah not everyone but most of them.
The Blood Elves has some too but mostly eye colour.
Golden Eyes where ment to show that the character is now flooded through Light Magic instead of Felmagic so while it makes sense for Priests and Blood Knights to have them and partly for the other classes it does not make sense for Warlocks or those rare shadow priests that decide to stay loyal to Silvermoon to have them as they should be green.
Then the Blue and Purple eye colour. Purple whas actually a soft retcon created through a bug that whas kept as at looked cool but those two are actually intended for high elves as they never ate fel. So you could have them as an ex high elf that later decided to return to Silvermoon but if you play as an Blood Elf those are actually contradiction.
But the biggest uncanon fact they did whas enabling Blood Elves dark Skin colours.
This contradicts the lore as their skin turned from the dark shades of the Kaldorei to the light skin because of the Sunwell. Unless your RP as someone like Bolvar that got to close to dragon fire you should be unable to have this skin colour.

So yeah I agree with you. With this having Paladins have the undead skin is not really a bigger mess already.

It must be noted that golden eyes have always existed among the Night Elves, this trace of the High Elves long ‘lost’ heritage could have been used as another explanation for them to be available, although the Sunwell containing Light magic is the official reason we were given.

Shadow priests do not use fel, their eyes staying green doesn’t make sense. Besides, as long as they stick to using Shadow magic and not Void, there was never a choice to make between staying in Silvermoon or being kicked out of it.

The blue eyes for the Blood Elves do make sense though. Not all of them directly sucked on fel crystals, their eyes still turned green due to their proximity with the massive fel crystals you can see everywhere around Quel’thalas (and that would have been long gone if the city had been updated since TBC). Since most of the population doesn’t use fel anymore, this energy source is leaving their bodies and their eyes are turning back to their original blue.

Nope. The High Elves’ skin colors changed during their exile, long before they had reached their future homeland and built the Sunwell. It’s all detailed in the Chronicles and all the books say is that they lost their blue and purple skin colors, became shorter, thinner and more prone to diseases as their ties with the energies of the Well of Eternity weakened. Night Elves have various skin tones that include peachy beige, light pink, purple and blue. I still don’t understand why people would expect their descendants to all have only one skin tone with that in mind. I’ve already mentioned her, but Devi is a dark skinned High Elf mentioned in the novel « Twilight of the Aspects » that came out in 2011, there was no retcon when the darker skin tones were added to the Blood and Void Elves.

Though there is a difference between the ambergold that means druid magic and the light gold we have now.

No because since last stand Shadow is Void.

Tell that the orcs. There everyones skin changed to green because of the Fel and so it will take two or three generations until the corruption of it is purified.
While I do not expect the Bloodelves to take this long as their skin changed only a bit redder and their eyes green I do not expect them to get blue again anytime soon. Maybe the children but as the Sunwell now sends out Light magic too I expect it more to be golden then blue but this is my speculation.

Okay this change is new to me and until they changed it ingame it could have been argued that in this timeline this whas the change like in the WoD timeline Go’el turned female and Garrosh a light fanatic.

blood elves were actually not intended to get blue eyes, but blood elf fans got angry at this and within two weeks blue eyes was announced for both Void elves and Blood elves. there are plenty of articles about this, plus i remember it.

1 Like

I don’t know of any mention of « ambergold » eyes, only golden like those of Azshara. Illidan is sometimes said to have had amber eyes but judging by how bad he was at using Druid magic, I doubt that it’s a reliable indicator of an affinity with druidism. Malfurion would have had golden (or amber if you like) eyes instead of silver if that had been true.

I mentioned the golden eyes of the Night Elves precisely because they are not tied to Light magic, but is more of a physical trait that does not depend on the type of energy they use. It could have been a surfacing old trait in the High Elved coming from there instead of the single explanation of the Sunwell containing Light magic at the end of TBC (it actually partially did before according to the Chronicles btw).

It’s not, and that’s why many shadow priest players don’t like what this spec has become lately with the focus being almost exclusively on Void rather than Shadow. It’s confusing because the writers have been using the word Shadow as a synonym for Void around Legion, but the initial Shadow I’m talking about is the unique, major force that opposes the Light. The Void is the opposite of the Holy. Look at the cosmology if that’s not clear
https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Cosmic_forces?file=TheCosmicForces-WoWChronicleSample.png

I don’t know the lore of the Orcs that well so I could be wrong, but I thought that all those who drank Mannoroth’s blood were different shades of brown, which is reflected by the different shades of green you can use when making one.

I think I remember a delay between dark skins that were initially for the Blood Elves and then were added to the Void Elves later, but I don’t remember the opposite thing happening with the blue eyes. Honestly, I would have liked it better if Void Elves could have had the green eyes as an option since most of them are exiled Blood Elves.

If I could accept the completely ridiculous idea of Kaldorei being instant Sylvanas loyalists after she set fire to them (no matter their undead status), the idea of a couple of dead ones wanting to return to their homes is considerably easier to swallow and isn’t even a fraction as insane as the mental gymnastic I needed to do to accept their creation.

1 Like

Yes the orcs where originally brown. First it changed the orcs who used felmagic, than those that drank the blood and later even those who did not drank the blood like the Frostwolfes or Orgrim Doomhammer just by being close to those that drank the blood. Only the Mag’har who where shut away because of the red pox stayed clean as so they could stay away from the felblood orcs.
Now with the freeing of the blood curse only those that still use warlock magic will turn green but the fel magic sank so deep into the orcs that it needs two to three generations before brown skined orcs will be birthed again.

No one is arguing with that. Regardless of our opinions it’s what Blizzard are pointing towards. It’s the matter of them having already been accepted and allowed to walk around Alliance cities just like that which poses the issue in all these arguments. As mentioned a couple of times before, that hasn’t happened yet in terms of lore/quests, we’ve got two NPC’s that are telling us some dark rangers want to return home. They also tell us that they don’t know if they’ll be accepted back, which shows they haven’t, not yet anyway. Without a pardon, an official acceptance from the Alliance or anything of the sort you wouldn’t see them walking around places like SW.

2 Likes

Sylvanas tricked them. They didn’t know that the Maw they were sent to wasn’t the place where their souls were supposed to go. Five seconds there already feel like an eternity of suffering, it was easy for Sylvanas to make herself look like their saviour when she pulled them out of there and brought them back into undeath. No matter how hard it can be to live as an undead in the living world, it’s still more merciful than the Maw where there is no place for peace or safety. I would have been grateful too, until I found out the truth. I don’t think that many kaldorei dark rangers did.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.