Night Elf Mages... what's your lore?

The lore on the elven lifespan is messed up, but the newer resources does mention of the NEW Kaldorei having lifespan of 3-4 thousand years at maximum.

The rest is messed up.

after the events of BFA when a Dark ranger blood elf knew Shandris from the war of the ancients, and that blood elf in Ashenvale who is older than Quel’thalas itself, i wouldnt waste my time with elven age lore.

If you were a lore fan you would know that retcons nullify things that were stated previously. The inconsistencies about how all Elves age are numerous. How come Anasterian was an old grandpa when he was around 3000 years old whereas Lorash was still youthful and energetic at 7000+ years old? How can Alleria be 2800 years old and have participated in the Troll Wars when the novel “Sylvanas” establishes the Windrunner siblings as being young when their parents died at the beginning of the Second War against the Horde? Alleria isn’t that much older than Sylvanas, and Sylvanas was a young teenager 3000 years after the end of the Troll Wars.

Update your sources and come back to lecture me later. The Warcraft Encyclopedia does list some facts, but is also full of approximations made by players.

There are limits set by the canon when you plan on using the RP story of your character to interact with other RP players.

1 Like

My night elf mage is very young (around 20-30) and was first a balance druid who changed to a mage’s training after the cataclysm, because the arcane was always easier to channel for her than nature magic. She also went to train with the mages in Dalaran for a while. :slight_smile:

He might also have simply been full of it.

This is assuming Lorash is a reliable narrator. Due to the reasons you mention here, I simply do not consider Lorash a reliable narrator.

You are switching arrows from the Kal’dorei to Thalassian elves yet again.

I am not a lore geek for the Thalassians, I have written what I know+from WoWpedia.

The whole fuss happened from the Kal’dorei lifespan not the Thalassian lifespan.

At least read it correctly.

I asked to read about Eldre’thalassian Quel’dorei joining the Kal’dorei Resistance, I am not trying to lecture a Thalassian elf on their lore smh.

I asked you to read the quests/quotes from Cata when they have joined the Kal’dorei Resistance, on which conditions they were accepted back to the Kaldorei Resistance.

You do know what a side comment is, right?

Side comment by quoting on something I wrote regarding the Eldre’thalassian Quel’dorei?

I have mentioned couple of times above, the lifespan of the Elves are mess.

Except I didn’t quote you, but the poster who replied to you and added my two cents. Read again:

My side comment was based on the fact that Quel/Sin’dorei are known to be more frail than the Kaldorei due to their long exile without a magic source to sustain them but can apparently live as long as them. Tyrande, Shandris, Maiev etc are still as youthful and energetic as they were during the War of the Ancients, whereas Anasterian was already a frail old man at 3000 years old, which is what you consider to be the average life span of Night Elves according to Kentarro.

My lore is that when the world was young I bought WoW and wanted to make a night elf mage but the game wouldn’t let me

:arrow_right: Choose the seemingly next magey nelf option, that for me was Druid in vanilla, but never lost the desire to play an elf mage, so tied the character’s family roots to the Shen’dralar in Dire Maul. Had my character move to the Eastern Kingdoms for a few years when I started pushing her more toward the path of a mage, since the practice of arcane magic wasn’t exactly approved of among the kaldorei

:arrow_right: Eventually play mage class for real come Cataclysm :magic_wand:

While Acrona might not consider herself a Highborne nor a Shen’dralar (caste and sect she didn’t grow up with), I do enjoy coming up with stories about these concepts through her relatives’ eyes. There’s a lot of complexity that can be found there, and I like to chew on the problematic issues such as magic addiction, what it could mean to live such ridiculously long life spans, falling from your seat of glory, being involved in the genocide of your own city, etc.

4 Likes

He has a rich back story for a petty liar in my opinion. We read the altercation from his point of view in A Good War and nothing indicates any treachery on his part, on the contrary. The way he reminisces his parents makes his hatred of Malfurion and the Night Elves believable.

Fair enough. I think that leaves me somewhere in between not caring for the inconsistency on the matter, or assuming it’s a mistake by the writers. If Blizzard can publish novels wherein they forget worgen don’t have tails, to mention one example, I wouldn’t put it past them to forget about elf lifespans either.

1 Like

Same. I remember things but after how messy SL was, I can’t bring myself to care about the lore as much as I used to. I chuckled when I saw centaurs on the Dragon Isles and left it at that.

I don’t get why people always feel the need to connect their character to some faction. Like, if I create a night elf male hunter, I’ll much rather imagine myself being a lone hunter than a part of some organization like the Sentinels. And that’s essentially what all player characters are anyway, unless you want to roleplay yourself as part of some organization. And if you’re not a part of any faction, I don’t think any restrictions apply - you do you.

think after what happen male night elves would have the least freedom of movement their a valuble resource now and everyone lost is a blow to the night elves :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.