Night Elf Mages... what's your lore?

Curious to hear your interesting stories.

1 Like

inb4 “mY MaGe iS a HiGhBoRne.”

No they are not, being mage does not mean you are a Highborne, you can be anyone and be a Highborne.

Highborne also Quel’dorei is a social rank among the Kaldorei.

technically speaking the night elves mages would be from diremaul which would make them indeed highborne :stuck_out_tongue: though i’m not sure thats a title you want to claim given its reserved for a squid lady and her army of simps

2 Likes

Don’t ruin her world
She thinks a Kaldorei can’t be older than 3-4000 years, if not Malfurion or Tyrande…
Let her think there are no Higborne Kaldorei Mages
Saves you a headache

1 Like

The Highborne of Eldre’thalas has joined the Kaldorei Resistance to mentor the young Nightelven magi.

This was the reason why Tyrande allowed them to be part of the Kal’dorei Empire after being away for 10,000 years.

Practicing Arcane was a common thing even the times of the Kal’dorei Empire, Illidan was as powerful as the Highborne mentors of his in the Moon Guard, however, he was not a Highborne , as the Highborne is considered to be passed through bloodline.

No one denies their existence, they are existing in small number to mentor the young nightelves.

Highborne mages from Diremaul (Shen’dralar) were fed up of being attacked from every corner and losing their home.

So the leader of the Shen’dralar Archmage Mordent Evenshad joined the Night elves/ Alliance in cataclysm and they taught Night elves how to become mages if they wish to do so, But i presume its under strict rules from Tyrande.

During the battle of Darkshore, we see them fighting and teleporting civilians out of Darnassus.

1 Like

Each maximum life span has been taken from various confirmed lore sources; races with more than one number listed denote the range of a standard age: for example, a human could live for 80 years, while another could reach the hundred. Below are listed races whose ages have been verified by these sources or there is enough gathered information to be listed. Races who have not met this standard are not included on this list; in addition, unless a source claims otherwise, the various clans of a race share the same life span such as the three dwarven. Regarding hybrid races, their life spans are assumed to be a combination of their progenitors’ ones.

Ever since the Nightelves have rebuilt their resistance, the adulthood of the Nightelves start at age 20, and they live only up to several years, where else, the Nightborne are known to live more than 10,000 years, thus their immortality is still not clarified.

Night elf 110-300 500 650 1200 very rarely, 5,000 and sometimes more. Immortality may have been regained from the regrowth of Nordrassil [citation needed]

Night elves are considered middle-aged when they hit 500, old when they hit 650, venerable at age 700, and they live to around 1,200 years of age. (wowpedia)

Anastarian Sunstrider last king of the high elves, was over 3,000 when he was considered to be waning physically.

So come with something better next time, please.

See? Brick Wall
Erevien Style
No need to waste time on her

You do aknowledge the fact that Mordent and his self claimed Quel’dorei sect are in the Kaldorei resistance to mentor the youth.

If you would waste at least a minute to read everything I have written, you would have answered otherwise.

What to expect from a lowborn, nothing.

Get of my sight now, goblin in a fursuit.

and then there a certain rogue that is like 8,000 years :stuck_out_tongue: and a blood elf what a lore abomination that guy was

Nightbornes so irrelevant they need to hijack a thread about NIGHT ELVES

The struggle is real

they didnt join Night elf society simply to mentor the Night elves. They joined and became part of the Night elf society, some of whome even died for it during the battle of Darkshore.

They are in every sense part of the Night elves and Alliance now. Some roleplayers even roleplay Shen’dralar elves which is completly fine and matches the lore. Role-players are very very picky about lore, trust me i once got blocked and shunned for roleplaying shrek

The lifespan of the races of WoW is a total mess, you see the some sources claiming Nightelves living up to several thousand years, and then you see elves such us Tyrande, Malfurion and etc living long enough.

One thing for sure, the official sources say ever since Nightelves lost their immortality they (the new generation) live up to several years.

Did I mention my race country elf?

They can join, no doubt on that, but they are small in number to be portrayed as playable. In RP go an be a Venthyr or even be a Naga, I couldn’t care less, I am talking for the playable Nightelf mages.

The Highborne were added to give access to the night elf mages, because as I said before, in order to be a Highborne you are not entitled to be a mage, Quel’dorei name comes from the blood line.

Im thinking of creating one, he will probably be one of the Shen’dralar.

Guess she doesn’t know that Blood Elves can be over 7000 years old too, Lorash Sunbeam was proof of that (or maybe a proof of the writers not making sense again, who knows).

I can’t imagine a Night Elf mage that wouldn’t be a Shendralar. Tyrande allowed them back into Night Elf society, but I don’t think she allowed them to form new mages. I could be wrong though

I mean the majority of them have the same lore as any other Night Elf up until Cataclysm, whereupon the formerly exiled Highborne returned to start teaching the future generation of Kaldorei sorcery. Notably, the Highborne mage trainers refuse to interact with non-Kaldorei mages.

We see new Kaldorei mages as far back as Cataclysm. Granted they were the target of scorn and sabotage by Blood Elves at the time, but they have been building their numbers as far back as those days.

Well, I was thinking of writing a story for my own night elf mage. It would be about a night elf whose parents were forced to abandon their society long time ago but left behind a “secret book” for their son or daughter (who would be taken care of by his / her aunt) to explore once they’d come of age. Do you guys think this would make any sense?

What that Vulpera said was for the Kaldorei, not for the Sin/Quel’dorei, nevertheless, here are the quotes.

All elves are claimed to now live up to “several thousand years” old, having all lost their sources of immortality. (The Warcraft Encyclopedia/High Elves and Blood Elves.)

According to A Thousand Years of War, all high and blood elves have “something akin to” immortality via the Sunwell. (a comic book A Thousand Years of War.)

According to The Warcraft Encyclopedia, Alleria Windrunner fought in the Troll Wars, which would make her over 2,800 years old. However, the Council of Silvermoon members were noted to be far older than Alleria and even then, only some of them had participated in the Troll Wars, and Alleria was described as young. She has since spent another thousand years in the Void and Twisting Nether. (Warcraft Encyclopedia)

Lorash is a blood elf who stated that he was born in Tirisfal Glades, and that he was a child during the exile of the high elves, which would make him over 7,300 years old.

Lorashs’s long lifespan can be explained by the sunwell granting akin immortality.

Perhaps you should read the lore a bit more then, and maybe even look for the quotes/quests from cataclysm.

In RP you can go ham with your imagination, there are no limits. Luna for example, was priestess of Elune, before the War of the Ancients, after the isolation of the Suramar, and losing connection to Elune, she started training, and became part of the house Moonblade, aka student of Spellblade Aluriel.

More likely it’s a glaring oversight, but it ultimately matters very little. He can stop counting the years now.