Night Elf Updates: New Male faces, also Arcane/Elune Star tattoos & Nightborne requests

Well, when we get confirmation the nightborne dedicate their lives to faith in Elune, then we’ll see.

Works fine for me.

Nightborne are Highborne and their dress senses have always been abstract.

1 Like

well mine is a rogue when i go in stealth the eyes still so bright …

Well lets get some purple eyes for the nightborne, since they are all about arcane-magic.

It seems wrong that they have white eyes, but no purple eyes.

Elune stuff just isn’t truly nightborne-affiliated. You’ve got the night elves for that.
I love the Nightborne because they are a group of “Night Elves” that are not obsessed over a goddess.

when a nightborne was so called “withered” they had purple eyes and dark skin so why is this a alternative ?

I don’t understand what your asking.

That’s Nightfallen options.

Could have those, plus purple eyes for my Nightborne characters.
I wouldn’t use the Nightfallen options. They look ugly.

thats what i ment :smiley:

Could have those then.

Like I say though, I wouldn’t use them.
They’re ugly to me. I’d rather use the current model with the narrow eyes, but swap between white and purple eye colour.

Fairness? Spare the vain platitude, tell that to all the races that have been unfairly treated, it’s never been about you get this and we get this in exchange. That’s not how you write a meaningful story.

They have tried to be fair, they don’t always succeed, but maybe it’s a long game. IF fairness is the goal though, the alliance fans have been waiting a long time. And all my

1 Like

That would be interesting, I’d love that, but don’t they have to redo all the gear wardrobes for that?

I assume that’s not a problem really, if possible, bring it on. Wouldn’t mind night elves also being able to have nightborne thin options, would do wonders for the magic caster highborne mage or priest fantasy.

1 Like

Night Elves get Kalimdor
Forsaken get Lordaeron

Fairness and what their fanbases have wanted.

And you want me to tell it to the races that have been unfairly treated? Ok then…Night Elves and Forsaken.
Fortunately, the former is going to Hyjal.
Now we just need the latter to return to their home of Lordaeron.

That hardly seems a fair trade, Kalimdor is much larger than Lordaeron

and I rather detest simple exchanges like that, it’s a horrible way to write a story… . There is more to balance than what land area we get.

1 Like

Kalimdor - as in, the night elf controlled lands, in North West Kalimdor. The only exception being Azshara.

Lordaeron - Capital City and the immediate surroundings (Tirisfal and Silverpine) with maybe Hillsbrad and Alterac.

Plus, this is what the fans want and Blizzard are delivering for one half (night elf fans), now they should deliver for the other half (forsaken fans.)
Night Elves always had more than the Forsaken anyway.

Just return Lordaeron to the Forsaken/the Horde, like Hyjal is being given to the Alliance.

Heaven forbid blizzard change things up at all. It’s okay to move on from the classic/cata boundaries, as long the new stuff is better than the former, and despite it’s losses, the race ends up stronger and in a better position. I mean this for every race btw.

Anyway, this is primarily about customisations, not who should get what lands. Can we all centre on that?

They are meant to be, it’s a degenerate state, the nightborne state wasn’t meant to be pretty either, anorexic, a little twisted because of the over indulgence… I think we found it cool because Suramar was so cool, and it was finally nice to have a night elf sub-race that brought out more of the dark elf side many of us had wanted to see after being force fed forest elf for the race that was supposed to be both. At least that’s what did it for me.

However now they’re on the horde, we still want the original night elf’s dark elf side with Elune and the Arcane to come out a lot more prominently than it has done. We’ve had more than enough of the druids and sentinels, time for the Priestesses and the Highborne/moonguard mages to shine. We’ve had a lot of forests, but very little of their cities and Temples too, and it’s not right that their best city is on their sub race on the other faction either, so it would be good they also get an incredible city that highlights the best aspects of them on this faction too.

More on Customisations
Personally I feel care should be taken to have both Night elf and Nightborne have customisations that really reflect this they’ve done a superb job so far don’t you agree? It’s just a few things are missing. From the night elf customisations we really need a show of that star arcane magic - this is very tied into both Elune and their arcane mastery from their golden era This is why I’d love those start effects on Tyrande and some cool variations to come to the night elf toons.

For Nightborne I think the improvements were fantastic… really were, I think most important additions they need are some extra options for ears, and how cool would it be if conjured armor was part of their character customisation??

Both these additions are bang on spot on part of the lore of the two groups and show an aspect of them that is so cool and I think players would love. Wouldn’t you? (bias aside). I like both these night elf races, so naturally want good stuff for both, lore fitting stuff.

Have you thought about not wanting radical change? Moving the Forsaken to Orgrimmar was big enough.

Players want rid of Shadowlands because it’s far too big and far too radical. We need things on a lower level and toned down and Forsaken returning to Lordaeron, just like Night Elves going back to their lands, is what is wanted by both fanbases.

You can’t just ignore the wishes of the Forsaken fanbase and try and say “Yeah, but this (Icecrown Citadel) will be better for you!” As already mentioned, the Forsaken have no relation to Icecrown, Northrend or Theramore. It’s Lordaeron.

Isn’t that just added Night Warrior affects, given to Elune’s chosen Night Warrior? Also given directly by Elune, to her chosen Night Warrior?

I mean, Night Elf toons can already have the black eyes, but they aren’t the chosen night warrior.

Strikes me, but your versions of “big change” only seem to be directed at the Horde races, where they’re losing their lands and given scraps as compensation.

1 Like

This is not about where the forsaken should go. I gave my thoughts on what I felt would be really cool for forsaken. I’m not here to equalise things between the alliance and the horde. Or subvert my topic into a war against alliance and horde fans… please don’t turn this into that, drop it. It’s fine if you disagerew ith my point of view, but let’s not go there any more.

I’m here to look into cooler features for Night elf and Nightborne models.

Star effects are not exclusive to the Night warrior although we see a very cool visualisation, it’s part of the arcane and Elune legacy of the night elves, they are the children of the stars, we see Priestesses, druids and mage of the night elves cast star and moon arcane spells long before the night warrior, and we know this is a part of their racial thing.

Having this in the customisation speaks both the

1 Like

And what you think doesn’t equate to the fanbases’ wishes.

Lordaeron should be Forsaken and Horde land.

But the affects you want are Night Warrior specific and unique only for Tyrande. Not everything that is on the NPC’s can always be given to the playerbase. I mean, look at Sylvanas. No red eyes for Blood Elves, no “ranger-like” hood which shows some of her hair.

I don’t see Shandris Feathermoon or Malfurion Stormrage or the night elf mage leader running around with big elune-moon tiaras

1 Like

What a pointless and un-necessary but contentious thing to say. I never said it was, I was just giving my views, you don’t have to be like this you know.

I gave examples of effects that are on the night warrior, the night warrior is also part of the Elune and arcane legacy, and so it makes sense to be included with them, I also never said it should be limited to exactly that, it’s a good example of what I mean and cool to have as I myself and many others I’ve observed like it. I suspect that is why you don’t want them to have it. Heaven forbid they get something cool and attractive you don’t have, on the other faction.

We got black eyes, and we don’t have to be night warriors to have it. Yet cool things on NPCs that we like, we are free to desire them, especially when there is good bases for them.

And here is why it is this way

Surely you realise it’s not the stars on the customisation that are indicative of night warrior specifically over a non-night warrior star magic wielding night elf priest, it’s the deeper purple glow of the void that is. Stars are also as much indicative of arcane and the light side of the Elune’s moon despite the fact the her night warrior model has a silver glowing crescent moon and silver stars, not a purple one. The night warrior accesses both arcane and void magic we clearly see throughout, however non-night warriors just access arcane …this is probably why there is that deep glowing purple on her tattoos, showing the void influences

I’ve been asking for customisations that show the arcane star aspect of the night elves “Children of the stars” kaldorei, long before I saw the night warrior customisations. When I saw them, I knew this was an example of what I felt would be good. And it looked cool. It surprises you we want this any more than blood elf players wanting Lor’themar scars and eye options?

I don’t care whether you agree with me or not, you don’t seem very supportive of night elves getting anything that looks cool. You seem to take the view of “if it’s cool and especially arcane magic related” it should remain inaccessible, either on NPCs or on the horde, or just not happen, you would argue that oh, it’s not right, it’s only a few etc, like you’re some expert on it. You don’t care at all hat the lore tells and shows these things, you just don’t want your enemy race to have them. You’re a blood elf fan that doesn’t seem to want anyone but blood elves and by extension your faction to have anything that looks remotely arcane magical and cool if this response is anything to go by. Your devotion is huge acolyte Leia, but in the lore, arcane magic isn’t exclusive right to the blood elves, and they got it from the night elves, who seem to pretty much wield a lot of star and moon magic in their race. And arcane magic is an original staple of the alliance faction I’d remind you.

But you are entitled to your opinion. I do disagree however.

The whole point about customisation is giving new and cool things that are lore and race relevant. Most of the new customisations were never seen on NPCs before they were given, some of them were, and were given because they were cool.

Don’t attack fans for desiring something they find cool because you don’t want them to have it or covet it exclusively for the blood elves.

1 Like

When you’ve got form for wanting Horde lands, we have every reason to be like this.

We do have the glyph of stars for the Balance Druids.