Night Elf Updates: New Male faces, also Arcane/Elune Star tattoos & Nightborne requests

I returned to playing wow because of the void elf and nightborne customisation improvements, the cool Tyrande star arcane model I saw and the hope night elves will get that option improvements esp some to male Nelves. It makes a difference to some of us

I really am hoping you are going to add those cool arcane star tattoos on Tyrande’s model to Night elves? Just add a 3 option slider that adds on the first setting, stars to the existing tattoos (both female face and male tattoos), 2nd setting will add a glowy arcane starlight outline to the tattoo options in addition to the stars and setting 3 would add a glowing crescent moon and deeper purple . It would be so cool.

Imgur

-EDIT ADD-

Good news Night elf fans, one of the requests below is receiving some attention:

Hello!

The menacing scowl has been a customization option for male Night Elves since the launch of World of Warcraft. Back in the Warlords of Draenor expansion, the Night Elves had their character models updated and that’s when we updated the 3 menacing scowl faces to be the somewhat less menacing faces that you see today.

We looked into the number of male Night Elves that players have created with those faces and we found that they aren’t as popular as the other face selections. We agreed with your feedback that having 3 of the 9 faces with the scowling mouth may be hindering your face options, so we have copied these scowling faces and added a more natural posed mouth as 3 new face options for you to choose from in Eternity’s End.

We understand that there’s a long history with these male Night Elf faces, so we would love to know what you think. To help visualize the changes, the three new face options should be available for testing in this week’s PTR build. :grin:

So glad for these, but we really need some of the face options without wrinkles too.

Male Night Elves actually should look youngest and healthiest of them all

Lore wise, neither night elf male highborne and druids should not look old at all. The former care about appearance far too much, the latter are bathed in nature and arcane energies, they’d have the healthiest lifestyles, foods and they’ve slept for thousands of years too in addition to being immortal most of the time. Wrinkly doesn’t fit the lore for them. DH males yes, Nelf hunter and normal warrior males also yes, but not druids or highborne males. Would be nice to get options that reflect this

Additional Night Elf And Nightborne Customisations Must Have’s

I really hope we are not done on these yet, there are a few must have cool ones I think will really excite the fans for the Night elf family. Really hoping these can come in 9.2

Especially the star tattoo customisations.

Night Elves:

1. Star arcane customisations for night elves: like Tyrande night warrior & Avatar of Elune star effects. Great for the priest and Highborne fantasy, also works on the druid too.
    a) Tick box added under tattoo section to add stars or a slider where option 1 adds stars, option 2 adds silver arcane glow to the outline of the tattoo
    b) Also add star option to the vines tick box for hair or make it “hair effect” slider where option 1 is vines, and option 2 is stars that is like glitter in hair.
  2. Magical star effects: Similar to Moonkin astral form: boosts both the priest and Highborne arcane night elf fantasy. Showers of stars, arcane star effects,
  3. Selection of additional faces for males similar to what they did for Nightborne, that look young, without growls etc - smooth skinned versions of the existing NElf ones could work.
  4. Neck posture adjustment on NElf males- to look like the classic night elf, this was fixed in the Zandalari troll model, and Nightborne posture changed that for Nightborne.
  5. NElf males have in addition the neat beard option they had removed,
  6. Eye colour options: Blue-black colour and Emerald green colour (in addition to the black eyes, the blue shade of black that was removed should also return as an additional option, Emerald green glow like m
  7. Thin manicured eyebrow type option - for Highborne and temple priestess/priest fantasy

Nightborne

1. Ear options - different sizes and shapes and would be nice if you could at least get ear shape options Aluriel and Elisande or just plain ol if you don’t like the regular ear shape some of the NPCs.
  2. Eye colour options would be nice too, should at least get a blue , gold and purple. They’re the night elf subrace after all.
  3. Conjured armor - rather than make these gear either for pick up or worse, only on NPCs you see in Suramar, this should actually be a customisation option, because they can conjure this and you still can’t get that npc armor… I don’t mind if you have to complete the full story line to unlock the customisation (like night warrior eyes) but it would be awesome if an option)

Images

Imgur
Customisation of this in character creation would be awesome seeing that the NPCs only had 3 fixed versions of this. To see this once selected for your character in CC or barbershop players only need hide their current head/chest/shoulder/arms/feet options along with legs and waist. Weapons however would have to be earned via drops

For Night elves:
Imgur

See how the tattoo outlines are glowing and there are stars all over them. Love this effect on their hair, face and body.

I think this will do it.

11 Likes

More in-depth on stars.

Star Effects for Night elves
This effect on astral form would be cool as a star effect option on night elves. It would come in as star effect slider. You can have:

• A shower of stars over your head onto your shoulders like Astral form
  • All around your body or
  • Like a Moon cosmos over your head

See these images below.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Extra Pure Star tattoo on body for night elf (both male and female)
Also this could be how it looks on the body
Imgur

Stars Option for Hair on Night elves
Stars on hair could be a glitter like effect… could add some different cosmos colour effects, you know like how some galaxies have different colours - like pink or purple as an effect in addition to the glitter.

This is how it could look on white hair:
Imgur

And, Like this:
Imgur
Although for this picture, I just wanted to show how the stars can look in the hair, the void texture on the hair is good for void elves, but the star effect for night elves.

Male Nelf Ornamentation
Night elf males should have some jewel options.
Imgur
Imgur

5 Likes

Honestly, Nightborne are now the Coolest looking Race in the game by a long way (knocking Mag’har Orcs off their podium and now behind the LF Draenai who take 2nd place). I really think it’s time they concentrated on some of the other Races and brought them up to speed.

Regarding Nightelves. I understand you wanting the Glowy tattoos, and when I first saw it I thought the same thing. But I’ll have to disagree on this one, at least for the time being.

The thing is, the Glowiness wasn’t Tyrandes nightelfness, it was Elune. Therefore, I think they should hold back on that one at least until they bring Elune in to the mix a little more.

1 Like

I would prefer falmer elves
https://images.uesp.net/thumb/4/4f/SR-creature-Frozen_Vampire_Falmer.jpg/300px-SR-creature-Frozen_Vampire_Falmer.jpg

Over Disney princess elves!

Mag’har shouldn’t even be a race, it should just be customisation for old orc race (just like LF Draenei, Dark Iron dwarf etc).

1 Like

Shouldn’t be, but I am so glad they are. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, yes… I’ve wanted Brown orcs since I saw 'em when I started (although, they didn’t add the original brown skintone that I wanted, thus I don’t play 'em…)

Yes please, Tyrandes look with star tattoos. That is such an amazing work…!

4 Likes

You know, we really dont see enough things about Gw2 in the World. Such an undiscovered gem of a game. Thank you Kanye, very cool!

1 Like

If you ask me the night elf model really should reflect the Elune and arcane connection, it’s deeper than the nature one. The arcane well of eternity made them, and it is believed it was Elune that guided that process.

how can night elf have forest vine options, but not star ones? They are called Kaldorei - children of the stars. Elune and the arcane have had as large a mark if not larger than nature on the race.

Plus Tyrande looked so cool, this should be in the hands of the players… I think this makes it a priority for night elves.

WEll peeps really want san’layn elf allied race, so made you might get those in the next round of allied races… if there is a next round.

Me too sister. I really know some allied races could have just been customisations, but tbh, I’m glad they made them allied races, it allowed so much more depth to them. But it’s okay to feel different from me.

Yeh, I hope they add some cool stuff, and it would be so easy.

All you need for the tattoos, is an option that will add the arcane star effect to the tattoos: Females get it on their face tatoos, glowy star and glowy outline, males get it on their tattoos too. You can have none, just star, or stars and outline.

The estral form star shower is int he game. All you need is the star shower effect, not the fade white form. it’s like you have a shower of stars serenading you - it would be such a cool effect for night elves… the slider increase would have you have an aura of stars around you like the GW2 image, and the 3rd option would have like a fool moon in space with stars over your head.

It would be really cool

4 Likes

The thing is, all the priority seems to be going into Elves at the moment, and races like Mechna-Gnomes and Goblins are getting forgotten about.

I know elves are popular, but let give the other races a little bit of time to shine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my god yes please! And can we get glittery my little pony mounts as well?

And sparkles whenever they pass wind!

1 Like

Let’s be real, og green orcs are no1 :muscle:

Exactly elves are popular, you gotta do your popular races mainly but also do something for the smaller ones as they bring flavour.

And let’s be fair, Night elves were neglected a very long time and largely ignored for such a huge race, till Legion, and until 8.1, the playable faction was really portrayed badly in game.

Lore had them as a titanic race, incredible magicians, incredible druids, unbelievably powerful priests that fit the e description of a race that had built Azeroth’s greatest civilization still unsurpassed today and had inflicted the legion’s first defeat…

yet in wow, they’ve been so weak, constantly the go to guys for slaughter and showing off other races, humiliated in cataclysm, wiped out in nearly in legion.

So much lore potential, just disappointment and heartache, and while they did some really cool stuff for them in legion, notice how none of it came to the playable faction, it has either stayed neglected and neutral on the broken isles or expanded on the horde via the nightborne.

Also if many more people play elves, they kinda should have more cusotmisations and more detail to be fair. so you can have more combinations and permutations. Also they keep the subs going too, so new variations and additions causes people to role new toons, race change others… and you get far more doing so.

You boost the arcane and Elune presentation of night elves, you get a hwole bunch of people rolling night elf mages and priests now for the look.

then introduce heritage armor, you get another lot re-rolling or race changing to hunters and druids.

Same for void elves and blood elves, the market potential ismuch higher with elves. Whiles I’m not saying neglect the other races, I’m saying make sure you do elves in addition to the other races.

Anyway, humans and orcs got the vast lionshare of attention in wow for years… we al lknow no one has come close to them, not even recent elf focus. And the elf focus hasn’t been as high as you think. It’s because fans make more noise over elves, do more post over elves, becaus e they both inspire and capitvate more of the populace, so it seems there is a lot of elf action, but story wise actually there hasn’t been. And elves have gotten no more additional allied races and options than any of the other races… Humans have 4 races in wow too and they haven’t even added the forsaken’s allied race yet which will take it to 5.

Elves got no more than other races. The night elves got one i.e. the Nightborne, the blood elves got one, i.e. the void elves… so did orcs, tauren, draenei, gnomes, goblins (in Vulpera), dwarves, humans, trolls etc

Elves got no more than anyone, it’s just that people are more interested in elves o you get more stuff for them. Make a post about gnomes, you’d get a fraction of the interest. Doens’t mean gnomes aren’t valid or shouldn’t be updated, but it shows you were you should proportionately be putting effort into.

2 Likes

but it runs the risk of becoming World of Elves, rather than World of Warcraft. Lets focus on some different races for a while. Give players a reason to want to even play Mecha-gnome, because Cosmetically they bring nothing to the game at the moment.

Needless, I expect NF’s to get a small upgrade soon enough anyway. They’re still due their Heritage armor, which I imagine will come when Blizz has stopped fooling around in Outer Space, and we return to Azeroth. I’m sure Night Elves will see a huge revamp soon, along with Undead.

2 Likes

You really think so? Elves haven’t got more of allied races or options in proportion to other races.

It’s just that they’ve been more elf fans so they’ve done more work and posted more things they’d like.

Humans and orcs have a lot more content and focus - but in warcraft Elves are the 3rd big race category.

The 3 Big Races:
Humans (incl worgen and forsaken)
Orcs
Elves (all types)

The Support Races:
Trolls
Dwarves
Draenei
Tauren

Supplementary Races:
Gnomes
Pandas
Goblins

I think it’s just elf fans excited over elves that post a lot about them, which is natural since there are more of them.

Yes and they need it too - night elves were really diappointing in the 6.0 model update. THe 9.0 customisation improvements were a signifcant improvement for their two races, both the shal’dorei and kaldorei, but that shouldn’t hide that a lot is stilll left undone and many other races had a similar amount of work, it jsut stood out most of the night elven races because of how bad they were.

YEs I hope that both Nelves and forsaken get some cool stuff coming to the player faction. Like a city :slight_smile: . Forsaken have Ice crown Citadel I feel would be perfect and all the flying Necropolis ZIggarauts. I think they should have one new Undercity in Theramore, and share Loradaeron with humans under Calia’s leadership.

I also feel if San’layn ever become playable, that would be the time too, sharing the home in Ice crown and having a specially elven modified floating Necropolis.

I disagree.

We all have different opinions, and that’s fine.

Ye, that’s why I said it.

and Humans, Orcs and NF’s (along with Undead) are still all awaiting their Heritage armor. That just tells me there are some big storylines to come for these guys, and once its through we’ll get Heritage Armor for their updated theme, i.e. Post-Sylavannas Undead (as we got Sylvannas armor in Darkshore), Post-Darnassus Night Elf (as we got Darnassus/Sentinal Armor in Darkshore).

I don’t want to speculate what those further themes will be (and for Orcs and Humans aswell), but I’m sure we can expect something for them.

I’m sure there are some Gnomes on the forums here who will disagree with you here ;). Also all the Vulpera are crying.