Night Fae allied race?

These Night Fae abilities are so much fun, would be shame to see them permenantly go after Shadowlands :wink:

2 Likes

The Sylvar have identical skeletons to Female draenei and all transmog fits them like a glove according to data mining so if any shadowlands races get added they are no.1 contender.

Although i would prefer Faerie allied race.

Personally I dont want any of the shadowlands races to become playable.

It would be weird to me to have them since they have jobs to do in the shadowlands and have no business joining in with our wars.
The only one that would make sense would be necrolords since they like fighting so much but they don’t even have a model that could be playable.

The other reason I dont want them is because since allied races became a thing people seem to want anything and everything playable.

However I dont want to lose soulshape and I hope they can find a way to let us keep it

6 Likes

Night Fae aren’t a race. Neither are Venthyr, Kyrian, or Necrolord.

Night Fae have all kinds of members, ranging from Sylvar, through fairies and even dragons.

Aren’t Shadowlands denizens bound to it?

I don’t wanna act like a contrarian but i don’t think every race that exists in this game should be playable.

Also, the race is not named Night Fae, they’re called Sylvar if you’re talking about the furred Draenei.

They can leave the Shadowlands, and some already have in the lore :slight_smile: I made a rather long thread about the common misconceptions about SL races, if you’re interested ^^ Covenant Allied Races - feasibility [POSSIBLY SPOILERS]

1 Like

Can we not have the afterlife based beings become a mortal race on azeroth. That would be so stupid

Why is it stupid?

Because these are specifically non-mortal races who watch over the afterlife. They have spent presumably thousands of years doing this and play a hugly important role in death.

So if they werr to give all that up, go to azeroth and exist there as mortals helping one of the factions it would be completely ridiculous.

I could see maybe some azeroth souls becoming those races then being sent back. That could maybe work. But even then they are non-mortal basically angel races

i would rather have them introduce more customizations that maybe represent these covenants, that would make more sense to me. New customizations were already a huge success, they should follow this path for a while

GIVE ME RED DK EYES, REEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the borrowed power for Hunter in this expansion. Igniting the tar trap with flare for an AOE dot. A couple nice ground target abilities too from the covenants. BM was pretty boring to play before but it’s a bit more active now.

You’ve basically given the solution right there :slight_smile: the Kyrian could decide that some of them should get involved in the mortal world. This could be their resolution to the conflict with the Forsworn. The Archon actually hints that the path should be changed in the future.

As for immortality: they don’t age, but that’s about it. They can still be killed/destroyed as you see throughout the zone stories. There are plenty of races that don’t age or age very slowly: elves and draenei mainly. Doesn’t sound like a big deal to me, tbh

I didnt say immortal. I said non-mortal. They are basically a race from another plane of existence and have no purpose being on a mortal place in azeroth.

Just to put in perspective. This would be like playing as small ragnaros’ or a djinn, or a naaru. And sending kyrians is not what i suggested. SPECIFICALLY if they turned mortal azeroth souls into mortal of those races (for some bs reason, i dunno, since sylvanas killed them its unjust or something) then maybe it would be okay, because on paper they are azeroth races but they just got reincarnated as a different skin. But even thag I dont like it. If players can become these mystical powerful races then that removes so much from those races and this expansion.

Just to say this again. Actually kyrians/ night fae. Never. Something that looks kinda like them, sure why not. I dont like vulpera so i can not like those too

They and their leaders decide their purpose. If they decide an intervention in the mortal world is needed then that is perfectly within reason. Drakka has already been sent on at least one mission from the Shadowlands into the mortal world. The Archon has already admitted their current path is flawed. In other words their “purpose” is open to change. Arguing from their current framework when it is going through radical changes as we speak isn’t going to get us very far.

False comparison. The average Kyrian (or Venthyr, or Sylvan, or Maldraxxian) are nowhere near the power of an elemental lord or a Naaru. They are in terms of power not much different from some mortal races, as far as I can tell.

I see no reason as to why it should only be ex-Azerothians. The lore has clearly established that the world soul within Azeroth is of paramount importance to the whole universe. Old Gods/Void Lords, demons, and now the jailer are all drawn to her. Clearly Azeroth is not important to just the souls who have lived there. This is exactly the reason why SL allied races would make sense: protecting Azeroth is important to all dimensions and creatures.

Not if you’re a Shadow Priest… then it’s the worst Ability of the 4 Covenants!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.