Night Fae viable for Fury?

I picked Night Fae on my new Night Elf warrior. I intend to mainly play Fury with him, but also play Protection in M+ if it will make finding groups easier.

The NF covenant ability seems awesome in M+ for both specs. How viable is it for Fury in raids though? Do you think Fury will have to pick Venthyr for raid progression in 9.1?

I love the look of NF NE btw! Would love to be able to stay with that covenant.

Iā€™m currently Venthyr but Iā€™ll be switching to NF tonight after my raid (currently 3/10M on KT). I think the difference is there, but itā€™s also minimal. NF is a bit more reliable burst from what I understand and thatā€™s pretty cool.

1 Like

Depends on the raid fightā€¦ As far as I know, there are a lot of add fights in this tier so night fae seems alright to me.

1 Like

NF fury warrior here - its actually viable for pretty much anything (I donā€™t raid, so cant comment about that). Its strong in M+, Torghast I seem to be doing better with NF over Kyrian or Venthyr. Take the Korayn soulbind soon as you unlock it and youā€™re gucci

1 Like

Nf for fury isnā€™t just ā€œviableā€, itā€™s bis, if we speak about pve

1 Like

Nightfae is currently top, Venthyr still has its niche but Nightfae reinforces the general Fury Warrior multi-target niche a lot better. Still, in 9.1 that could change again but itā€™s yet to be seen.

I think most people who are still Venthyr are doing it because they are just not invested in WoW right now and waiting to see what happens. I play about 2 hours a week and stopped doing M+ ages ago, otherwise I would swap to Nightfae and watch my logs improve.

1 Like

You should play NightFae fury warrior for :

Mythic + (AoE is insane)
Raid farming (Better overall dmg)

You should play Venthyr Fury warrior for :

Raid progression. (Condemn is better than ancient aftershock on a boss that your guild struggle against by far.)
Possibility to respec Arms for PvP.

The only reason why raiders who cleared content respec to nightfae is because you get better logs overall which does not mean that you do a better job at killing a boss you never killed before.

It doesnā€™t help and is completely trolling on raid progression for more than half of the bosses in Nathria that you want to progress on (not the ones that you are farming EZ)

1 Like

As a warrior who is currently renown 40 in both venthyr and Night fae, I would say Night Fae is so far ahead in any fight that you can Aftershock 3 targets itā€™s not even funny. Overall DPS in m+ bumped from 5.5k to 6.5k, YEAH, 20% dps increase from Aftershock and the Korrayn last conduit talent, the one with 25% crit increase. In raids the advantage of Venthyr on ST is much smaller then that, probably less then 5%, while being EQUAL or less in Stone legion generals and Denathrius ( lots of targets ). TLDR: Go Night Fae in PVE and donā€™t even worry about ST performance, because warrior is already weak in ST. Focus on being a Multi/Cleave Monster.

3 Likes

You are right and yet they refuse to stop excluding condemn when buffing making the next class/spec force to play nfā€¦ as if it is not already the most op covenant for far to many classes/speccs.

Yeah, it seems a bit strange that Execute is getting buffed but Condemn is excluded from that. I donā€™t know if Condemn would end up being OPAF if it would get buffed, but the current 9.1 PTR changes would reduce the edge that Venthyr has in single-target encounters over other covenants. If that edge is already small at the moment, making it even smaller seems like a bad idea.

It really depends on 2 things.

1. The new Nadjia conduits (Fatal flaw) (It gives you 20% crit after the 20% haste buff end for 10seconds)
  2. How we will scale once we are full heroic ilvl at the very least to see how much haste and mastery we can have.

Again, if you care more about M+ than raiding, NF is the one you should pick. But for raid PROGRESSION (not raid FARMING) Venthyr is just better.

Denathrius is in condemn phase during the entire fight

Phase 1 : Condemn phase.
Phase 2 : Focus adds => condemn phase. If no adds, focus Remornia instead => condemn phase
Phase 3 : Condemn phase.

Altimor => condemn phase all day if you focus his adds.
Kaelā€™thas mythic (the boss is completely different from heroic to mythic, much fast pace and needs actualy burst solo target dmg on his bubble) => Condemn phase everytime you need to break the bubble
Council mythic (FSN order) => condemn phase almost the entire fight
Sludgefist mythic => you sure as hell need a condemn phase instead of ancient aftershock for the last pillars cause thatā€™s when the boss is the hardest.

You can argue that those bosses are only half of what you have in Nathria, which is true. But they are the hardest ones because they require your entire raid actual burst dmg when the others (Stone Legion general, Shriekwing and Xymox for example) require you to stay in control of what you doing. Soak AoE or you die. Put the seeds far away and run away from ghost or you die. Put the red pool outside the room or you die.)

1 Like

You canā€™t Condemn the bubble on Kaelā€™thas until the last phase so Venthyr has no benefit at all here. His health on the first transition is already below 80%. Warrior in general is pretty mediocre for Kaelā€™thas dps on the first transition, but is bonkers good for the middle phase with the adds and the final phase with execute.

Kaelā€™thas is a meme fight anyway and doesnā€™t even count on the logs. I think youā€™re also overestimating Condemn, the main advantage is being able to use it on targets above 80% which is really good but the difference between Execute and Condemn ability damage isnā€™t much. Condemn ignores armor but Execute has a higher base damage, itā€™s actually a pretty insignificant difference over an execute phase.

Iā€™d agree on a fight like Council Venthyr is much better for progression with all the Condemn phases, because boomkin dps will murder the adds, but if weā€™re talking logging then of course Nightfae is in a different universe, itā€™s so much better. Another meme fight though, a kill with good execution has bad logs for everyone involved.

Yā€™all dont need to be NF as fury if you wanna be decent in raids/m+. Im fully venthyr and kinda happy with it. I like the gameplay there and its fun.
Also its working good in m+, just play whatever you want. Although high keys are no problems.

Iā€™ve been doing fine as Venthyr in all content, but now that Iā€™m NF, I feel like I can do more. Both are good, Venthyr is just easier to play. Itā€™s like taking a weaker passive vs an active talent. More risk, more reward.

Torghast, necrolord is king.

Also m+ tyranical weeks, necrolord seems to work better for me.

I have all 4 covenants unlocked at max renown.

NF really rocks every m+ compared to the others.

Unlocked kyrian first so I had much less ilvl. Cant say.

1 Like

I think the covenant abilities of the warrior class are some of the most balanced. There isnā€™t a single one that is complete trash.

I donā€™t know how good Banner really is, but Fleshcraft is a really nice defensive ability.

I only run m+, did very few raiding so cant say anything about it.

I really enjoy the banner. Biggest dmg to bosses in m+ I did with pride/lust/pot and banner. Really crazy dps and fastest kills I got so far. Making many tyranical weeks look like nothing.

Iā€™m one of those people who just went with their gut as far as covenants go (rather than research and cherry-picking), so my Warrior ended up as Night Fae due to already having two Venthyrā€™s (by far my favourite). Had no idea whether it was good/bad for the class, but turns out that itā€™s a great pick.

I play occasional Prot but mostly Arms - with Aftershock being tremendous for both of them for both AoE and single-target (seeing as it generates rage, so itā€™s not wasted on single bosses). It also serves as a psuedo stun/interrupt/kiting tool and is capable of nice damage. The issue (obviously) comes from it being a static floor ability, so you lose all value in movement-heavy fights where target(s) isnā€™t standing on it for the duration.

There are also solid soulbinds for all specs and some nice conduits to boot.

If you want to go NF Warrior, you have no fear of it being a dud covenant for your class, so go nuts.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.