No Changes for VDH?

idk, we are in a very bad Situation atm - nobody wants to play with us. We have no CR, no big utility for group except rng Darkness. We are kinda hard to be healed. We are paper on fortie weeks. Giving only 5% SPD we cannot play in melee cleaves cause then group will have not enough kicks. Our Sigils are almost useless cause it takes 1 global. Our 3mins Meta is nothing - we can be one shoted in it easily. Our DPS is not high enough. We cannot stand in pack till the end of the fight and have to kite, loosing threat and are no more able to come back in packs due to useless Frailty mechanic. We have a serious Threat Issues on pulls and have to use our single save CD just to get aggro.

We need something that could make us interesting for groups. Give us CR. Rework darkness - 10% damage reduction is already better then 20% Chance of no damage. Increase threat generation from Immolation Aura or Sigil of Flame. Give us some passive ability which could allow us to jump into pack safe without droping down to 10% of HP or even die. Remove Fury Cost from Fel Devastation already. And give us in next Tier Set Bonus not a rng effect like it was in S1.

VDHs needs help!

5 Likes

Feel u, the all over demon hunter nerfs hitting the tank also, the tank gets even worse because we have a 20% less chance of getting the demon, so we do less DMG, there are some bosses we can’t even tank with or 999k life pool in meta. A simple fix would be buff the DMG of immo aura, so we can heal better with the charred Warblades and buff this talent also a bit like 5% of the fire DMG, and it is not such a big buff for the raid tank so fits perfect for the issue off m+ u get more aggro more heal and more DMG. But something has to happen for the DH Tank

Agree. I also think the talent tree can use some attention. Most important is how dependant we are on Last Resort, so the fiery brand spread build isn’t an option. Speaking of Fiery Brand; it shouldn’t be on the GCD. Or maybe Blur should be an option for Vengeance. Fiery Brand is mostly useful on bosses.

Agree also, still love vengeance but compared to other tanks it looks a bit puny now. Too few defensive cooldowns which can be actively choosen, low threat at start of fight, dmg getting lower on every patch compared to other tanks as those got big buffs recently. Some ideas which might make DH tank more attractive:

• immolation aura with more dmg and threat
  • rework sigils, maybe remove 1s activation time. Make sigil of chains accessible, loved that one, but right now its difficult to spec into as tank would be unusable in higher keys. Maybe also new sigils like slow or dmg buff usable by all players ?
  • maybe more threat from deamon spikes as default and longer uptime
  • increase frailty duration
  • mass spot
  • talent to use effect from consume magic for a few seconds, maybe also ability to use consume magic on friendly target ?
  • modify throw glaive to interrupt/stun distant targets
  • battle rez ? As many classes are able, why not dh ?

I love this Consume Magic on friendly target :slight_smile: Dispel of one negative magic Effect will be so helpful in some dungeons.
CR or Lust (first tank with lust - more interesting I think) - time has come - we need something.
Interrupt on Throw Glaive - too strong. I would love to see better the SL Legendary effect - Multiple Throw Glaives - if they can give a small bleed effect on it or even the possibility to take talent from Havoc Tree that will apply this Chaos (or Flame) 8 seconds Dot on it (Legendary Power from SL). It will be already very Interesting for us as Kiting tank.

I totally agree, we are so bad at the moment dps is horrible our ability to hold aggro is always a pain, Blizzard please listen to us who really enjoy playing VDH we dont want to be S tier we just want to be able make our class more viable for dungeons without being overlooked!
My Demon hunter which has been my main since Legion reminds me of a warcraft 3 peasent where we tell them to attack something all the say “thats it im dead”! Thats exactly how i feel when im doing dungeons at the moment!

sigil activation time should be lowered, and spirit bomb should be near instant.

A huge difference to other tanks when creeps spawn or are being dropped, they can just instant spam aoe while for veng dh threat generation always takes a a little bit. other tanks that can just spam aoe swipe or thunder clap or whatever

VDH is feeling pretty sad at the moment ngl. It’s playable ofc and got me to where I wanted to be, but it sparked 0 joy in doing so. It feels stiff and clunky. Soulcleave, for all you spam it, does not feel like a satisfying button to press, meta is nothing exciting and doesn’t even pop a mass cc effect or make you immune like it does with havoc meta. Darkness can only be cast on yourself and just feels a very RnG underwhelming ability that hides ground effects and requires two talent points just to move it down from an obscene 5 min cd.

Fodder feels terrible as ever and glaive is still not oneshotting the demon. Sigil build far too expensive and elysian decree not worth taking in comparison to fodder despite it feeling like a much better ability to use as a tank both as a cd and a good way of getting snap threat. Sigil of chains not only being a very mediocre piece of utility but being so far off to the right of the tree it may as well not exist in the game. Like c’mon VDH’s sigils was the reason I loved this tank so much and it just is a joke how bad they are right now. Why did they remove flame crash as well? I liked having leap put down a SoF and it helped a lot with initial threat.

Maintaining frailty stacks also feels like a damn chore, why do they drop off so fast?

Like I said it’s playable, but I get very little satisfaction in doing so. At least with BDK my cd’s mean something, being able to cheese mechanics with AMS and IBF and even deaths advance, I have a combat rez, and AMZ being a far more useful talent on a lower cooldown in my opinion than darkness. Even my cheat death is on a shorter cd.

Sigil of silence is probably the only thing a VDH has on my BDK in a m+ run.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.