No german CM - so we will ask here for german RP-Server

Numbers. Just take a look at the amount of DE-servers vs. other languages.

Culture. Germans - like French, I imagine - consume their media mostly in german (I know this is shifting in the younger gen). We have a strong scene of voice actors and translators, because we watch our media dubbed, not subbed like e.g. in scandinavia. Ofc one can argue if that is good or bad, but that argument should not be part of this discussion, as we’re not here to change the habits of a population, but want a service we pay for to respect the current environment it wants to earn money in.

3 Likes

At this point, I would settle with a free transfers from DE-PvE to EN-RP-PvE.

:frowning:

Actually it’s 9 Realms :wink:, with Heartstriker (PvP) being the only one which is not layered.
Many RP players rather stopped their subscription than playing on english or non-RP overcrowded Realms.

Playing a game is done to have fun, to relax and not to strain old language skills or even have to learn these from scratch.

For role play it is even more essential to have a good understanding of the language since you want to adapt your dialect and choice of words to fit your character’s story.
You want to simply loose yourself in a fantasy world, which is extremely difficult if not impossible if you are not even able to understand the majority of the playerbase.

Considering the current Realms status, Germany is going to need another PvE Realm anyway.
What is the harm in having a german RP-PvE realm?
Many normal PvE players would go there as well, for the nice atmosphere, to passively experience RP, to play in smaller communities instead of this overcrowded anonym world right now.

The german discussion topics made clear that such realm does not have to be full by any means. Most of us would enjoy the choice of a small low population realm where players get to know each other as it was in the old days.

There is nothing to loose with such a realm but much to gain: a satisfied player base, long term customers (as RP players tend to create their own content) and new/returning players which simply do not want to play without role play realms in their mother tongue.

4 Likes

Thanks my unknown friend! I’m really happy, that you have your own fr-server, despite the fact that there are no FR-RP-Server…

Oh thank you, normally my posts are more aggressive, but that might be due to speach limitation and (of couse I try to be friendly). Or is that only an ironic comment (in that case: I do not get the point)…

Ah, thanks for correcting me, I was not counting correct…

As I also state. Thats the fact. Even more for roleplaying, than for PvE… PvP alone does not depend on writing long storys. “Inc mine” or “4 Inc Farm” is also known for non english language players…

simply nodding.

Correct all German server feel to be overkrauted (thats a word play: german, cowd, full realms ==> overkrautet :slight_smile: ).

Correct. Full is more than the original™ classic feeling, what was promised.

There are plenty. Or at least there are some…

So now our CM is gone, but therefore we are coming (with our semibad english demand for GER-RP-Server) now to you.

4 Likes

Overkrauted. LOL I like that word. (I speak almost as good German as English - none of them my mothertongue) And I’m sure going to shout: “Ach overkrautet Servers Heute noch mal!” when I log in tonight. Thanks!
And PS I support French and German PvE servers and one or more English one as well :goal_net:

4 Likes

I’d be careful with that since it’s a derogatory term for germans that was in use in the two world wars.

1 Like

How on Azeroth can I bother anybody by yelling at my monitor? (Krauts = Cabbage(heads) was the derogatory term, not overkrautet which sounds almost like overcrowded => pure lingusistic fun.)

1 Like

I love you for that :slight_smile:
I know it was hard for all non-english players to get a server in their own language - except russians.
It would be really nice if the english CM here could help us.

For a german RP-Server !

3 Likes

Especially with the DE language infrastructure in WoW u would think they would make an RP realm too.

But there is only 1 EU RP-PvE realm, which isn’t even full. That, and the historical lack of interest on retail RP realms, means blizz will likely not introduce a DE RP realm.

My response to u was that your post came across as a little arrogant, which won’t earn u sympathy from non-Germans who wish for u to have your own servers

Did you play at German private server Molten Core? I did.

German Roleplayers should start a petition at Change ORG, get their community to sign up, and then formally submit the results to Blizzard just like Nostalrius did.

ÜBERMENSCH attitude “WE BE ZE GROSSER LANGUAGE COMMUNITY AUF EUROPA” and “TASTE ZE MIGHT AUF ZE REICH” won’t get you anywhere and it’s annoying to Germans and non-Germans alike.

3 Likes

There is the problem. In the whole time since the announcement for the german servers till now the german rp community wasn’t able to do anything to show how much they are. The argument is that they are unable to reach the community, more than 2 months and you are unable to set up a discord, bnet community, social media grp and spreading them on the german community to maybe show how strong you are? rly? this is a joke. Maybe you just should reconsider your approach to handle this situation and start actually do something.

Anything that takes more than just pushing a counter of a thread is denied with some random excuses but in so many post u can read about something how big the german rp playerbase is and they can easy fill up 2, 3, 4 or more servers.

1 Like

Seems we convince them… in the German Serverlist is RP-PvE Realm listet.

Actually I know it. Please allow me to add: Not only in the ww’s you can also provocate such reactions if you outed yourself as “german”.

Today I’m really happy as there is a “German-RP-Server” in the server list: Offline atm, but that ist still for the moment…

:fire: :sunflower: German-RP-Server :sunflower::fire:

3 Likes

Ye-ha and GZ!
I might go there just to say Hello!

2 Likes

@All: One of the times when I can be happy about being “wrong”. :slight_smile: Good luck on the new server! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

Sometimes this is correct. That’s no reason to become pessimistic at all, but pessimists will always be happy if they are wrong! big-smile

2 Likes

That’s great news congratz

2 Likes

Amazing news, happy you got the server you deserve!

2 Likes

thanks to all of you and your help and patience!

german roleplay-server is on the realm-list :slight_smile: finally we get a real authentic vanilla-feeling and a home.

5 Likes

sry - didnt see this in time.

its about language. imagine you are native english speaking. and then blizz tells you: you all get a rp-realm. and then you see - its a spanish server. and you know only a little spanish, not enough to find words for that, what you want to say. so all you can do is try to understand what the other players are talking about and use some emotes ingame. but thats not roleplay. that just a thin shadow of roleplay. and every minute you feel you are not part of it. thats not fun, thats only sad. sure you can group up with other english-speaking players - but thats not, how roleplay feels good, if you only play with always the same few people in the same way.

i hope its understandable - my english is far away from being good and i have great problems to tell you how it feels. im sorry for that - but its the problem i face on an en-rp-realm too.

3 Likes

Closing this as we just made the announcement: