No hope for shadow priest anymore?

Been playing shadow priest as main class from TBC

Since shadowland the shadow priest was useless in mythic + zero dmg at all
No one take you to speed runs useless on trash. and now with dragonflight Pre Patch, shadow priest got more useless.

Is blizzard trying to force us to play with something else cause they cant fix?

Also if you check raider IO the first 10 top pages there is no shadow priest cause they useless.

Thanks god that I didn’t get the new expansion yet!
This is totally garbage.

3 Likes

We’re more suited for keys than raid now, and we weren’t useless in keys in SL.

Yes, this is very unfinished, I’m not going to defend what they’re putting us through, but it’s not hopeless. You might need some help understanding how everything interacts now, plus a couple of talents don’t work, so try builds that others provide.

I’m done dooming, it’s eating my mental health.

5 Likes

Running gag blizzard removed our aoe and made it in to a worthless aoe spender.

Okay, so, you have now
holy nova, weak but not that much weaker than arcane explosion
halo/divine star, on CD

dark void, but misery is almost always better
shadow crash
psychic link VT+MB cleave
inescapable torment shadowflame prism cleave
mind sear, good but expensive
pain of death SW:P+SW:D cleave, again somewhat curbed by cooldowns and limited resets, would be rad with 9.0 death and madness (and old searing nightmare, actually)
n’zoth, when it actually work
screams of the void (broken right now?)
Auspicious/tormented spirits, the former for more insanity and the latter for more Yogg.

Am I forgetting anything?

So I’d say we’re having AoE tools in excess right now. Pick any 4 and play with them. Some of them interact well with certain talents, others, not so much.

There’s lot of valid concerns with this tree but access to AoE tools, I don’t think so.

7 Likes

See…but that also seems like their solution. Isntead of making some cohesive good aoe gameplay…they just made every single thing in our kit do aoe or cleave…even frkin mindflay cleaves now with mf:i…

If your entire toolkit is an aoe…nothing realy does damage and priority becomes all over the place.

Shadow is horrible atm.

1 Like

Mf:I cleaves? Looks like I missed one (it doesn’t interact with psychic link after all).

Yeah, I didn’t say they were good AoEs. There’s quantity over quality issues, and as long as we can take that many, they’re unlikely to make some of them powerful to avoid overpowering.

post edited

I think its kind of bad still :stuck_out_tongue: revert mind sear then we can talk

1 Like

Position Spec and Class Population Size Change from Previous
Sanctum Week

1 Windwalker Monk 888 ↑9
2 Affliction Warlock 1294 ↑13
3 Enhancement Shaman 1088 ↑19
4 Frost Death Knight 449 ↑2
5 Fire Mage 1993 ↑2
6 Arms Warrior 1171 ↑8
7 Outlaw Rogue 1664 ↑4
8 Beast Mastery Hunter 3435 ↑5
9 Retribution Paladin 849 0
10 Arcane Mage 164 ↑6
11 Havoc Demon Hunter 1875 ↑10
12 Fury Warrior 1124 ↓7
13 Balance Druid 1878 ↑5
14 Unholy Death Knight 980 ↓11
15 Destruction Warlock 1164 ↓13
16 Feral Druid 404 ↑7
17 Elemental Shaman 572 ↓13
18 Frost Mage 561 ↓1
19 Survival Hunter 125 ↓7
20 Assassination Rogue 172 ↑4
21 Demonology Warlock 472 ↓20
22 Subtlety Rogue 76 ↓3
23 Shadow Priest 934 ↓15
24 Marksmanship Hunter 443 ↓4

Took 1 patch and 100% empty promises from blizzard and a bad talent system. And here’s a sub for one year we keep what we dont promise pack lol GLHF blizzard lol.

This is to sad to even parody.

I think it’s worth keeping in mind that we’re in pre-patch territory right now, and it’s always a mess, but it’s not the same mess that’ll exist at max level in Dragonflight. It never is.

I also think it’s worth keeping in mind that number tuning shouldn’t be much of a concern, because it’s the one thing Blizzard can easily change on a whim, and the one thing they frequently do change on a whim.

Where the concern remains is with the gameplay design. The rotation. The talent options. The ability selection. The theme and visuals. That’s the stuff that makes the game experience enjoyable. And issues here are a major concern, because changes don’t come easily or frequently – and rarely to the degree that players desire.

Priest

No changes needed.

To be honest this is the only time i think the aprils fools joke patch was better than what the pre patch was lol please revert mind sear and add back 4th set this shadow priest is a joke xD monk still doing 200k meanwhile am at 9k singel target :stuck_out_tongue: :beer: :beer: ← blizzard drunk.

Or buff up shadow word pain to actually deal damage 70% across the board

https:/ /tenor.com/view/svenkersen-blizzard-money-gif-15486413

Bobby kottick farm balance none existence

Heres to trying

Will be my new class

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.