No New Character PvP Activities

With the removal of scaling in pvp, at max level, PvP has now become an activity that only fully geared characters can participate in.

PvE activities you can do to get gear as a new max level:
Quests
World Quests
Visions of Nzoth
Scenarios like Battle for Darkshore
Dungeons, heroic, mythic 0+
LFR raiding

PvP activities you can do to get gear as a new max level:
None

PvP activities you can do after only gearing through PvE:
(Rated) Battlegrounds
Arena (Skirmish)

PvP activities you can do after only gearing through PvP:
None

PvE activities you can do after only gearing through PvP:
None

Please add a PvP activity that new characters can do to gear their character up without facing max gear people that one shot you with their raid gear.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Some form of pvp content for non- bis geared characters would be nice. I just resubbed and unsubbed already, because there is no pvp content I can do and cba spending dozens of hours in pve to be random bg viable.

2 Likes

Thats not true tbh.

• Battle for Nazjatar x5 daily wins = 250 Conquest
  • Weekly Nazjatar PvP event = 100 Conquest
  • Daily Nazjatar Supply Drop = 75 Conquest
  • Wintergrasp PvP quest / Kill 10 Players (Which can be done by killing 10 npcs after battle begin) = 150 Conquest
  • Daily Assault + Secret Supply = 110 Conquest
  • You can try leech a Brawl win + Quest (once) = 105 Conquest.

Bonus if you kill any Assasin = 75 Conquest.

(Iā€™m not mentioning the AoO weekly quest + Uldum/Vale + Nazjatar/Mechagon which can be done by making your own group and invite 4 others so you can leech if you are getting declined to other groups due to having low ilvl.

Which means,if you spend few days doing these daily/weekly tasks, you can aquire the first items to replace the blue/green gear from dungeons.

At least thats how i used to gear up my alts since i was so bored to do dungeons or wqs / LFR etc.

1 Like

For all these activities you are leeching. Thatā€™s not actually participating in a pvp activity. Like you said, you wont get invited most of the time to existing groups because they dont want leeches.

Thatā€™s not playing pvp. Thatā€™s being present while others participate and you look on.

Same for your explanation of wintergrasp. Killing npc guards is not pvp.

PvP is killing players.

1 Like

Yes you can stay for the epic bg and be useless and get one shot. Which is the point of the post.

You actually just reinforce that. There is no pvp activity where you can actively and successfully participate in a meaningful way as a new max level character.

And this isnā€™t just about BFA. Shadowlands will also see new patches with increasingly higher ilvls and it will be the same problem for new characters.

1 Like

Actually if there is not a premade in PvP on your side - 1/3 - 2/3 of raid/grp are afk/half-afk leechers. They can have good gear, but they do nothing - sit in inv somehere or just stay, run with grp but do zero impact. They q for daily reward or for someone who win game for them. At least its on epic BGs, casual 10-15 BGs are full of undergaered bots who have farmed by premades. Thinks this will be in SL also. People will q for AFK gearing and honor leeching.

OP has a good point and its also why Iā€™m currently running out my sub after being excited to come back and try the game again.

Its a wasteland for casual players. And god help you if you are a pvpā€™er.

There is no place to play solo in this game. Pugs so awfull and terrible, if u can press 2 buttons when it needed and can listen, want to play and enjoy - make a group(communities) and find guild is a must. Even in PvE pugs just so terribad. If i will play SL i also will search to group up with other players. Coz nowdays in pugs is wasting of time. Lazy people who searching for free boost, leeching, AFK, do nothing. Login to buy boost and shop stuff.

The phrase is: ā€œwaste of timeā€.

If you want to talk about ā€˜wasting timeā€™, you donā€™t need the ā€˜ofā€™.

What was ā€œPugā€ again? Public User Group?

I am searching for fun, casual BGs (hopefully without rogues, those things traumatized me today almost as much as peopleā€™s DH hate and stubborn unreasonable lies about DHs).

Back in the day, about 20 years ago, it was used for Pick Up Groups in FPS games. Rather than just join a public server you would play a scrim (skirmish) against community members.

Youd sign up to a pug chatbot and as soon as enough people signed up it would randomly make two teams or assign two team captains who got to pick players in turn.

And then youā€™d play a friendly competitive match.

These days in mmorpg it seems to be used as a ā€˜pubā€™ game with random players.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.