No new city for Night elves - Bel'Ameth the Capital village

HA! I stopped at V. Was a diehard dungeon and sylvan fanatic (sacrilege). Always combined the troops despite morality loss but equalled it out with artifacts just to have matriarchs, blood sisters, druids, archers and dragons destroying the scene. :joy:

hahaha. I never got that far. Didn’t like HOMM 4 so I am stuck in heroes3. But, since I will have a lot of time, 4 and 5 will be played too
I never liked morality loss. I mean, why would Bronze Dragons loose morality being paired with Arch Angels :smiley:

HoMM V didn’t get a very positive feedback when it came out, which I don’t understand because besides III it was my favourite. Still playing it until this day every now and then with some very sophisticated custom hero appearance mods from fans taken from the creature models.

Yeah the morality thing is tricky, however, understandable in some cases. Imagine Night Elves and Undead / Necros forced to fight side by side and welcoming them to their ci… nevermind…

Yup, better not to go there anymore.
I had too much lost nerves sine I found out what this nelf capital village will actually be :stuck_out_tongue:

That concept art is Surmar, not Nar’thalas.

Go google Nar’thalas

Don’t be silly, it is official concept art of Jimmy Lo.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ELnl3q

Nar’thalas is different part of Broken Isles in which you get way before Suramar. And it’s different then Suramar which is Tyrande’s, Malfurion, Illidan’s Maiev’s, Jarod’s Ravencrest’s, and most of Night Elfs who fought Burning legion in WOTA came from so, you are imposters there. get out

1 Like

I believe blizzard was trying to put the factions on a backburner so that they didn’t have to write split storytelling for both, unfortionately this leads to weird situations like; people who the Night Elves have no business trusting (a bunch of horde races, especially forsaken) aiding in the defense and transition of the new tree into the dargon isles

I hope they start bringing factions back because this is just backwards writing.
Why would Tyrande welcome my horde characters help?
Why would my horde character help Tyrande?

It makes so little sense it breaks my whole immersion while questing and as a result I havn’t really quested through the 10.2 patch because its causing way too much disassociation

1 Like

Have you taken your meds today?

I said the concept art labeled as “Nar’thalas” is not Nar’thalas but Suramar’s early concepts.

Very good point… although I would add that night elves were always a forest loving people not necessarily a rural living people only. they had lots of cities in forests - all the great cities were great, but surrounded by massive forests too, so you had that great contrast.

in this iteration, they’re without cities in addition to being out of their main geopolitical zone.

They look heavily reduced and heavily niche… basically if you don’t like a remote forest, or want more than a druid type, the night elves have nothing to offer - where in the past they had Demon Hunters, Highborne mages, a night based civilization to compliment the forest living.

They also do not appear remarkable in the slightest even. For all their humiliations, you’d think there would be a powerful showing of them and all their various groups… nope. Yo use Azeroth bless the aspects through the tree, and you’d think the very people that made it happen and have saved her so many times with much sacrifice would get something and at least be empowered - but no.

it’s like Warcraft is reducing their races to Dnd - where non humans have only one ething to them, and where they had diversity, it’s been removed, where they had greatness it’s been nerfed, where they were epic, they’re nw just plain

2 Likes

Yes I am, tons of heart medicine, but aparently not on same drugs you are :stuck_out_tongue:
Nar’thalas is Nar’thalas. Suramar is Suramar, you know. A Kaldorei city which belongs to Night Elfs and not devolved highborne:p

1 Like

And why would Shandris all of a sudden be bestie with undead? :stuck_out_tongue:

The path is stupid, the idea of let’s just all be friends is moronic and it is not WoW anymore. Don’t even know how to call this abomination :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not gonna lie… I had huge dreams for the new World tree since BfA. was hoping we’d replace the burning husk skybox in Darkshore with a new world tree in the distance. Filled with city lights and stuff like the concept art. Or something close too it.

I had also hoped the theme would bring more ‘‘Night’’ to the zone like good old teldrassil did. Amirdrassil is a little bright and green compared to the night elf theme I am used too xD but its not ‘‘that’’ bad… It doesn’t ruin the new world tree for me. I think what we got was good too.

1 Like

I actually wrote a small story which later my girl draw (game art designer)
And biased or not, I think it was better then what we got with the story and with the art :stuck_out_tongue:
First thing, World Tree would not have this stupid sounding name Amirdrassil. which means a dream’s hope, but every other world tree was crown of something which would be part of it’s name in Nelfish 'drassil. Nordrassil: Crown of Heavens, Teldrassil, Crown of the earth. So what is Amir DRASSIL crown off? Nothing.
We had a speach of Elune, but zone is completely light, even lighter then Teldrassil was during the day. So Elune is all of a sudden out of picture.

• it is going to be neutral or friendly to horde who burned last tree and genocided tens of thousands of Night Elfs. And it is not in Kalimdor
    GOOD JOB Blizzard…
    You say you listen, and maybe you do, but you definitely do not hear. I am not rich but I could buy you few ear plugs for better hearing dear Blizzard :rofl:
1 Like

Because they worked with us to help restore it and you claim to follow the story :man_facepalming:

1 Like

And that tells us what? They started to wash the river of blood on their hands or that suddenly they are all BFF’s with Nelfs? LOL
Oh Look. They helped. WOW, That is all we needed to do to wash the blood from our hands. Can we now be besties?
COMMON MAN.
Ever been in war? I did 18 years ago. I saw what the enemy who attacked my country did. Do you think we are at peace? No, we are at prolonged armistice because those lunatics who attacked my country will do it again as soon as they get the chance. We won, on our own, without help of anyone all around the world. And we never forgive and never forget

A long time is needed to heal any kind of wounds.
This, genocide, never heals. So the idea that Night Elfs and horde can have good terms is stupid. specially so soon after genocide.
If they want to go in the route of peace between factions then they should start with something small. As far as we know, only two horde races didn’t had anything to do with genocide. Tauren and Nightborne. Best what Blizzard should do is pick one of them as ambasador for Night Elfs in hope to establish some trust and then maybe get to neutrality. Not this:
We genocided you, 6 years we was attacking your lands after genocide and we still do, then we got call from Alextrazsa to defend World Tree, mind you, not Night Elfs, The world tree because that way they was saving their own filthy skins. And now we deserve to be friends with Night Elfs? Well, no. They don’t

1 Like

I do not think it’s to blame on DEI policies. Blizzard is infamous for not paying a living wage for California though. You get the quality of work you are willing to pay for. Pay very little and what you will get is the equivalent of fanfic writers doing it for the clout.

As for the faction war, I agree with Dralkharn. The Orcs v Humans conflict has been concluded with WC3, even vanilla and TBC did not feature the faction conflict as its core. There were minor clashes between subfactions, but there was no overall faction conflict. It wasn’t until Wrath when a certain Garrosh decided that the Alliance would be a much better enemy than the Scourge, and Cataclysm until same Garrosh decided that he really hated anyone that wasn’t an Orc, and that everyone he hated should be killed.
People just cheered it on because the Horde had featured a lot of teenage edgelords back then, and everyone just accepted that the faction conflict was somehow central to the game because “it’s WARcraft not peacecraft lul”. But WoW in tis initial design didn’t even have any PvP. It was an Everquest clone that featured 2 factions because that’s what Everquest - another MMO famously known for its PvP gameplay - also had 2 factions.

Anyway, rambling aside - I feel that you cannot complain about Night Elves being permanent victims while at the same time defending the stupid continuation of the fabricated faction conflict. A conflict that had started with Cataclysm and should have ended with MoP - or Legion at the very latest. If you want to continue the war, then you have to accept that someone has to be attacked by the other faction. And war means casualties.

Personally, I too think the Night Elves have had to endure too much bad writing and too many losses. But at least I am very vocal about the faction conflict being completely out of place in this game. It makes absolutely no sense, and outside of Garrosh being a little dictator the factions should not be warring in the face of Azeroth facing constant outside threats that need to be resolved together.

And even from a meta perspective there is no point to a faction conflict if the world design is not made to reflect constant change. At the very least, a dedicated persistent PvP area with hubs that can be conquered by factions/claimed by guilds like DAoC (or WAR or now ESO) would have been the very least to portray a conflict that is ongoing and where player characters are being involved more than in the glorified instanced minigames WoW features.
Effectively, the same static and unchanging world design that makes me doubt Blizzard will ever come back to expand on Bel’ameth is also the reason why I say that PvP in this game is pointless and out of place. They should focus on PvE and should write the story around PvE. Unless they find a way to make faction PvP feel impactful and satisfying with a dynamic world design that can react to player actions they should just leave it untouched.

You don’t even have to go that much into the extreme there. From a plainly psychological point of view, if someone does you harm, the healthiest way to handle the situation is to distance yourself from the source of negativity, not embrace it. That would be the epitome of lacking self-worth and self-respect.

For a Pegi 12 game literal 0 educational value. Get friends with those, who humiliated you and scarred your soul for eternity. Yeah, no. Not into trauma bonding and toxic relationships.

I know, but got angry because these days all we get in wow is all sunshine and rainbows,. They constantly try insert some agenda in WoW which (simulating Real World) don’t have almost anything to do with how world works.
World is a dark bad place, and previous writers in WoW knew that.
Yep we had nice moments but this was a war game. I don’t know what it is now :smiley:

Nope :smiley: