No new city for Night elves - Bel'Ameth the Capital village

Maybe not completely but at least 80& of it should be blamed on DEI hirings. Just look at Disney and every movie flopping this year.
Talent is lost. They lost the talent by other companies snatching them, other leaving because of financial situations but mainly it is DEI because I refuse to believe that there is no talent left anywhere.
And here is the problem. If you hire people by who they are and what they represent instead of people who have talent, good results and brain, you get Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm, DC, Blizzard and many many others.
Talent which has been lost, could have been replaced if company actuually looked for talented writers. We would probably not even feel or see the difference. But we see it very well now

See, I wouldn’t have minded the Horde and Alliance coming to an (official) truce at one point if the narrative would’ve been handled well. I actually thought Legion would’ve been the best moment to do that from how the trailer seemed to me. But yeh. Letting Varian die due to Sylvanas retreating pretty much ruined that chance. You can’t force such a moment. If you do it feels rushed, even without such a big catastrophe as burning Teldrassil.

Look at Game of Thrones. G. R. R. Martin takes literal ages to progress his story. That’s why it is as epic as it is. The only thing that ruined it was? Right. A rushed ending in the TV series.

The plot for a reasonable truce is too thin. It doesn’t feel sincere but like a side quest to achieve in order to move on to greener pastures. And as much as they wish us all to forget the embarrassing delivery on story telling of the past few years, going from one extreme to another is simply not it.

YYeah, I said, pick one of two horde races who didn’t participated in War of thornes and burning of Teldrassil. Either Tauren or Nightborne and make one of them ambassadors.
Take slow story development towards peace. Not like this :smiley: Oh, there is new world tree, if we don’t defend it, all on Azeroth will be destroyed and they all show like Avengers in Endgame lol.
But not to defend Night Elfs, but to save their skins and re empower aspects (which is still super weird to me fter all the stories about Oathstones)

Don’t even get me started of GOT ending lol. Please don’t :smiley:

And yes. Blizzard don’t know how to make middle ground. It is either full force on one side or on the another.

Best books and stories have beginning, middle and the end. And it can last for as long as it have to

Honestly, if it was for the Tauren only, I wouldn’t even mind immediate peace. You just can’t progress it like that for the entire Horde faction, least, Undead, whose vast majority is still cuddling with Sylvanas body pillows. Nightborne… meh… Tauren are probably the more productive option for mutual respect and speaking as equals eye to eye lol.

I really hat that exploitive, toxic positivity stance of “Heyyyyy… I know we’ve been treating you unfair before… but let’s share and be friends now, hm? Look, we even helped you get it!” No, you didn’t. The Winter Queen, Elune, druids and the Green Dragonflight did it. You didn’t care until your own fate was at stake and now you want a slice of the cake. No person in their right mind would give anyone a friendship badge (and I can’t even tell how much it annoys me that said badge is a bis item for druids this season…) just for sticking around out of necessity and personal advantage.

Think the new trailer is out for season 2 of House of the Dragons!

Yeah but it’s not, As much as I hate cow people (only because they are horde) I would raher have them then this. But having Nightborne and maybe even Thalysra there would be interesting development between her and Tyrande. Especially if they really gonna try and re unite “scattered elven tribes” what ever that means.
I don’t think Night Elfs have any reason to be included with Belfs. I can understand Nightborne, Velfs, Belfs and High Elfs, but Night Elfs should not drop down into that category.

exactly

Watching it now. Didn’t know it is out, thanks for info
Looks good

Should come out next summer I think. Martin personally is currently writing more content for the series. WHY? Because it has been proven that you can’t let amateurs write on an epic master piece by a talented author!

The tricky part is that the reason they have to even build that new city (And do so cowering in the shadow of the green dragons, half the planet away from their homeland) is because the Horde burned their old city, and there’s no telling when they’ll have another go at the whole genocide-thing.

Making the whole Emerald dream thing into a raid tier is a big mistake, on one hand it forces the Horde to help, but then the Horde somehow expects compensation for cleaning up the mess they themselves made. It’s a bit like that G’huun raid, a problem for one faction made into one for both factions.

1 Like

Yup, but I would like that he actually finish Game of Thrones first haha.
And just look at Rings of Power disaster OMG

Btw, best books I ever read and reading them once a year: Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simons.
It’s sci fi not fantasy but it tops even Tolkien for me no matter how bad that sounds :smiley:

Yup.
Horde have no buisness in Night Elf city even if it could have any buisness in any Alliance city. Not for at least 500 years when Night Elfs even start to think about some forgivness towards horde. Tyrande is holding grudges for 10 000 years. what is 500 compared to that

I didn’t even find it that bad. There are way worse productions out there. Speaking of sci-fi, take a lot of series out the Star Trek universe. Deep Space Nine and Enterprise (not Next Generation) must have been the most boring adaptions out of all. Even liked Discovery way better.

Another thing that grinds my gears really. Weren’t Horde players calling her all sorts of names from emo to mad since BfA for simply wanting to revenge her kin and getting emotional over their deaths and fate in the maw? What they all be wanting around the tree whose seed she helped creating and in the city she leads all of a sudden???

Ikr… me too… when they did Suramar city I thought - oh, now this is a NIGHT city, fits the lore perfectly, fits a night elf civilization … very well done blizzard… i thought.

Also when they didthe ardenweald, with the night forest and the stars, I also felt, though the afterlife, htis is what a night elf forest should look like starry trees, blues and purples etc, in a night zone.

Whie for p ret tiness, the Amirdrassil certainly looks nice, I’m left feeling - where is the “night” again? Anyway, it was far from the biggest disappointment, despite it’s prettiness. Okay so a pretty foresty place, nice, now where is the city I thought? on top like in Teldrssil?.. no, it’s a settlement… you mean what? from a great civilziation with great forests and great cities, to a remote land, with a settlement that barely constitutes a village… despite the lovely trees, surely this can’t be it, I thought…

I would argue that the only upside to the tree being in the dragon isles is that it has the protection of the dragons
so I don’t think anyone will have plans (that will find any success anyway) to burn anothe tree down.

That said there’s the whole thing of; this feels like it was done for the dragons moreso then it was for the night elves

1 Like

Heey, don’t talk this way about Deep space 9 :smiley: I loved it, I loved Enterprise but it was huge disappointment at the end, and I hated opening theme song :smiley:
Tng awsome, same as OG, Voyager not bad, at least we had tones of Borg
ROP for me was worse then marvels. Started watching, fell asleep in middle of the first episode, and furthest I got was episode 4. Couldn’t watch it anymore.

Discovery, I liked first season in most way except for Klingons, rest I didn’t like at all. SNW I liked first season, second season stopped in middle of episode 2,

And yes they was. And they still do, but now in same time they want Bel’ameth to be neutral or friendly towards them …

1 Like

Just as an aside, do we have any official word on what the intention is with Bel’Ameth?

On PTR, Horde players can freely wander around there, but is that intentional, or just a case of “It’s PTR, they haven’t finished faction-flagging and placing guards yet”?

The current situation is (Considering the lore) downright ludicrous, how can the Night elves renew anything with the people who brought them to the point they need renewal just wandering around? But is that the final situation?

1 Like

Dragons and horde

Depends on if they’ll bring the factions back, if they will keep the factions soft dead as they are doing with dragonflight not just by saying there’s a truce but by just never refferencing to them at all as seperate entities they will likely give us the keys to the kingdom so to say.

I mean if you want to argue that there’s less competition for Kalimdor now…
yeah fair

Nope, Blizzard is silent

Yup and if you as Night Elf try to kill horde, night elf guards will kill you. The horde can also use flight path, buy Night Elven tabard, cloak and shoulders.

Remains to be seen. I am sure of two things. I don’t trust Blizzard to do the right thing anymore and if they do the wrong thing and make it neutral, it will be final patch of WoW for me

I agree that Amirdrassil leaves allot of the Darnassian architecture and city structure to be desired. I am missing allot of the Night theme as well in the new zone.

But besides this. Night elves really won the lottery this patch though? I mean all the transmogs in every armor type is Night elf themed. So much Night elf mogs!

HoMM V had some really fantastic ascetics and designs.

And games in the same genre are still unmatched when it came to their city menu.

Also wish Ubisoft would re-ignite might and magic. Like those guys could easily make a “Assassins creed, Might And Magic”!

1 Like

I really feel you on this one. Was hoping the tree and city would get some Suramar vibes with Ardenweald surrounding, including the flora and fauna.

:weary: FINE… But only because Worf is in it… Enterprise tho… MEH! My favs are Next Generation, Voyager and, so far, Discovery (not sure if they’re done yet? O_o). Picard is also great but I missed some particular characters, e.g. Cpt. Janeway.

Interesting. Imagine that city not being neutral and that “mad” priestess together with her Night Elves continuing where they stopped… pushing the Horde back far beyond the Southern borders of Ashenvale. Must be that Alliance bias Erevien keeps waxing on about…

Yes! It’s absolutely peak design for a strategy game. And the playerbase did some incredible mods and map design too, especially for Hammers of Fate. Definitely one of Ubisoft’s best games.

2 Likes