No new city for Night elves - Bel'Ameth the Capital village

I am mostly on veggies but not stranger to some good steak lol. Tauren comes to mind :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: Btw. since I’m just on a round of HoMM V. There’s quite the Arthas character in it. His name is Nicolai and he also goes from Knight to Necro. Even sports the same look like.

I have ordered it this afternoon :smiley:
5 more days of sub left.
Played Stronghold crusader today

ikr - if you played (and listened to the WC3 story) then read the trilogy novels, - night elves were all about the Well of Eternity… then nothing

Elune is totally absent from the majority of the night elf story in WoW till Tyrande mentions her in 7.0 and the Night warrior ritual is really where outside the night elf lands, she even gets more than passing mention.

Night elf - trinity is Elune, Well of Eternity and World tree … those 3… if you read the lore these are 3 most significant things - in terms of importance I can’t see one being more important than the other…

Everything the night elves have done or being doing up until WC3 ended revolved around the Well of Eternity - from their creation , development, advancement, fall, long vigil and the world tree that comes form it - it’s all about that.

The world tree becomes a big thing in wow - Teldrassil
Elune off course is the goddess, they all worship her, she is like the momma of the Night elves.

I’m sorry, but I want the lore to connect. If you put something as significant, and everything revolves round it, I don’t want it to drop off the face of the earth - which is why I am a big supporter of the Well of Eternity finally now being used for the good Illidan intended when he restored it - I feel this is power that should help propel them restoring their cities.

Elune - I’d love to see more off - Elune and the arcane half are what pretty much defined the pre-sundering civilization for most of it’s period until the very last period, the legion invasion period where hubris , and reckless magic kinda pushed the arcane into an unbalanced state. Suramar in Legion is basically night elf civilization minus the influence of the priesthood, so it’s the Highborne culture by itself without the richness the other castes and orders would have created.

We see a lot about the dark side of Elune, which was nice, but it felt sorta wtf without people having known or rather seen little to nothing about the light side of the moo… because Elune has had so little exposure in the game and the night elven Moon Priestesses have been written so negligently, literally we only ever see druids and sentinels in action for most of wow - and even in legion that finally saw Wardens, Highborne, Moonguard, Demon Hunters in action and some bite to feral druids, we still didn’t see the Moon Priestesses, even Tyrande isn’t seen to use many moon powers -except in the End Times instance and then later in the Night warrior ritual.

Amirdrassil - is great to have, but what it does would be far more interesting… okay, we knew what Nordrassil did, but it was only in writing, the effect of Nordrassil on the night elves is lost when we start wow, Teldrassil seemed to be more for a questing experience as it restored nothing. Amirdrassil now, well this can be interesting… restored empowerments, immortality etc? connection to Arden weald? Shifting between the afterlife at night and life during the day?

currently, the tree arrives, cool, got a home cool, - and… how is the fantasy being advanced, how are the night elves improving? I’m sorry but chilling in a peaceful glade is not improving, it’s nice, for apportion and for a time, especially to take short breather, but also to have aw ing of you that have this serene place to return to, but then it’s out there, grabbing your lands, developing your race, defending your world, and bringing to bear, the powers you have in the Well of Eternity, Elune and Amirdrassil.

1 Like

I’m honestly not surprised anymore. They’ve said in an interview they don’t even know how to write Tyrande and Malfurion together and that’s why they put him on a time out. I mean, what? How can you not know how to write those two together? Are you daft? You have a “how to do guide for dummies” laying it out for you in WC3. And by the way, some Night Elf models from WC3 reforged, including keepers if the grove and dryad models look ten times better than what they did in 10.2!

Still of the opinion that seed should’ve been used to empower Nordrassil. Some skilled druid-gardeners would’ve easily known how to do that via grafting / splicing. You would’ve had all the formidable qualities of the Ardenweald seed combined with the strength and magical perks of the original, blessed world tree and home of Kaldorei.

Brings me to a question that remains unresolved also imo. If Nordrassil grew back, then the Night Elves immorality factually should, too in alignment to Nordrassil’s capacity and state of growth. What state does the regrown tree have to reach in order to radiate that magical power again? I mean it’s been quite a while since the battle of Mount Hyjal.

1 Like

But, as somebody who has studied Shen’dralar lore, that culture of Suramar isn’t quite the same for those of the Shen’dralar. The Highborne, who’s name is “Those that remain hidden.”

This is why I was overjoyed when Suramar went Horde, because otherwise, Suramar would override everything about Eldre’Thalas and the Shen’dralar. The Alliance Highborne are NOT the sort of Highborne who enjoyed huge public displays and flaunted about amongst the lowborne populace about how great they are.
They are so unique in what they’re about and the Nightborne would have destroyed that.

The Shen’dralar Culture is a culture which is about secrecy and being hidden by the main public. Suramar isn’t that. If we’re going to take away the meaning behind the Shen’dralar name, then you might as well delete the Shen’dralar as a whole. They have a Highborne way of life, but even in the art of Eldre’Thalas, before it’s fall - it was very nature and hidden. Indeed, Eldre’Thalas seemed protected and hidden by Feralas’ woodland.

I long to see this again - it’s why I’m adverse to seeing the Shen’dralar in Quel’Thalas, unless Azshara strikes at Eldre’Thalas first, then moves onto to destroying the Sunwell and the Sin’dorei’s fount of power.
Unless we see the “hidden” (pun intended) vaults of Eldre’Thalas that Azshara breaks into and uses those resources to destroy the Sunwell, the Shen’dralar in Quel’Thalas is just more evidence the Alliance can’t do nice things on their own.

“Those that remain hidden” should not have to give up who they are, in order to be relevant.

No, it is different, because Eldre’thalas was a pure Highborne city back in the pre-sundering era,SUramar was not, even those who remain and become Nightborne over the years are not all Highborne, there a lower castes there too…just not the priest caste.

Suramar’s culture is the exact same as you read of it in WotA, they used the book to characterise the questing experience. Go read it. all the things Malfurion found wrong with Night elf society as a whole, was happepning in Suramar too, and this was why he was known as a pariah back then, advocating for the elves to regain their true selves, their balance.

If I read Afrisiabi correctly, Suramar was meant to replace Eldre’thalas and the Shen’dralar - because, the Nightbonre wer [p

all meant ot be killed of, and the Nightfallen were saved by the Arcan’dor and restored to t heir original, non-mutaed night elven selves., justl ike tey were in teh cinematic.

it would be a city full of night elves, presuambly, the Darnassians would return back to their original home, the Order of ELune to it’s last capital before the sundering - following the destruction of DArnassus… Shaladrassil was supposed to be the Nordrassil replacement, Val’Sharah the Ashenvale/northern Kalimdor forest replacements - now being the original forest druidism came from, they even moved all the Wild gods there in 7.0, the Wardens and Highborne would have Azsuna as country, Black Rook hold would be the sentinel fortres. and Suramar zone would have everyone.

All changed with Nightborne going playable, and playable on the horde. Suramar was to be the visible disapply of the civilization side of the night elves and show/remind people who had no idea, that night elves were impressively strong with the arcane, always had been and still are, most haven’t read the wotA trilogy, and all the info about the Shen’dralar and Moonguard is in text, although you do see the Moonguard in action briefly, doubt people are paying attention.

Well they kinda have, because they now run the Highborne caste. The Shen’dralar were Azshara’s secret developers… the wonders she used to wow the night elves with the arcane were developed by them, as well as the top dark stuff, which implies the void and curses… I wouldn’t be surprised if blizzard came out later saying the Shen’dralar developed the curse Azshara used on the Farondis. And in so doing use them to bring them back that weird unliving state, possibly with the help of Elune and the priestesses.

Anyway, their hidden moment finally ends in cata when they emerge from isolation and forma n alliance with the Darnassians, then start rebuilding the Highborne caste.

So they already have stopped operating in that capacity that fit their name.

I would agree with that, I don’t want the Highborne caste moving to Quel’Thalas, if they move to any existing city, it should be Suramar, however I want them to do the Night elf capital and it be every bit as lovely if not more lovely than Suramar, and a breathtaking beauty of their own, where the Night elven civilization can develop and they can be the centre of the night elves international face, while Amirdrassil or hyjal are more like sacred sites, where outsiders really aren’t welcome much, because of all the secrets there and the value and importance of the place.

But then having secrets in the arcane capital would also fit the Shen’dralar, with all their knowledge, they would have all the development of the kaldorei empire, and would have knowledge they might deem far too dangerous for anyone to have, and keep it in house. Would be so typical of them to paly the main role in building a kickass city but have it in the stars atop an Ardenwealed tree star constellation that Amirdrassil projects due to it’s Ardenweald connection.

This has characterised much of the night elves. they just need to how how incredible the Highborne, Moonguard, moon priestesses etc are.

For Highborne you really need to have them living in a state of the art kaldorei city pinnacle of civilization, they are the main builders, although the priests can do the temples and the druids the gardens, parks and groves. - that capability alone speaks volume.

The Moonguard need to be shown as an beatable battle mage army to match their legend in the present, like mad skills when anyone of them are about.

this is also what i expected of the Demon hunters and the wardens - these are elite unites.

So to is the Moon Priestess who has had the least exposure, shouldn’t have needed the night warrior, but now it’s available we should see many more caster types … rather than playing sentinel… in Wc3, the Moon Priestesses always brought offensive spellcasting to the table when they led the sentinels, the sentinels were archers, rangers and huntresses, the Moon Priestesses were the casters

He never actually mentioned the Shen’dralar or the Alliance Highborne at all. He only mentioned that Tyrande would be involved to somebody on Twitter and that was it.

This would have made the Shen’dralar obsolete and obtuse in the lore. You might as well have just got rid of them and started the Cata Night Elf Mage story again.

I’m glad this didn’t happen and that Suramar did not override Eldre’Thalas.

I think your conflagrating two different groups of Highborne. Suramar’s Highborne were more known because they were in Suramar, the Jewel and Second City of the Empire. Eldre’Thalas was a secret city, stored with Azshara’s tomes and demands.
It would be awful to mix the two, because Suramar would override Eldre’Thalas and then you might as well have given Eldre’Thalas to the Blood Elves and have them do something with that whole region. An addition to Quel’Thalas.

I don’t read the Shen’dralar as that.

I read them as Azshara already developing the magics within Zin-Azshari and ordering the Shen’dralar to store those powerful magics away from prying Lowborn Eyes.
Indeed, moving them far away from the Temple of Elune, because it likely would have been the High Priestess whom would be the first to voice concerns over Azshara’s dangerous magics.

Azshara is the most powerful Mage on Azeroth. The Shen’dralar aren’t her superiors, not by a long chalk. They are revered Arcanists to her, but not her better Arcanists and superior to her. Blizzard wouldn’t come out and say that - indeed, they’ve had it said that Azshara is the most powerful sorceress, not the Shen’dralar group, who was led by the Highborne Warrior.

I meant interpret. Read as in “understand his intentions” correctly. Based on the various things he said

Yes it kinda would have, but only from the perspective that the Shen’dralar were originally used to restore the arcane wielding side of the night elves , presumably to bring us the original intention of the race which was to have the best parts of both the dark elf and wood elf fantasy tropes - which would be powerful dark elf wizards, civilization and matriarchy with a goddess - and then forest type elves, rangers, archers, woodsmen - think Loth’lorien , with some cool nature magic stuff.

But the best of both - which is why the night elf civilzation is so up there and the long vigil nature state is also so intense. But the vision was this is the original elf, undiluted, full on - and it was to demonstrate that the elfrace is really cool.

Whiles the initial showing in wc3, didn’t present an part of the cavillation of the night elves - this is is intentional as the story is woven to have this come in later, presumably after they’ve had time to design it properly.

We thought they would in the cata revamp, and revamp Dire MAul, but we didn’t get it till Suramar.

Suramar and a nightfallen group restored would have been the new centre of both the night elves civilization in the present and the the main residence of most of the Highborne, now having the largest community .

While there could have easily been roles for the Shen’dralar, 7.0 makes it clear they weren’t even remembered. Farondis, the Moonguard and the Nightborne run the arcane side of the night elves in the expansion and presumably this would have been the perfect spot for the Shen’dralar to be given roles, but we don’t see them.

We see other night elven Highborne, like the Starlance twins in Azsuna, and the Leyprowler WQ giver - but the impression I get is that these are Darnassian Highborne the Shen’dralar have recruited, not the Shen’dralar themselves.

I mean if you think about it, it would have been far more appropriate for a Shen’dralar to meet the demon hunters coming out of the vault instead of khadgar, - likely leading Khadgar , being the more senior mage by a few thousand years and far more familiar with kaldorei affairs.

It would also have been a Shen’dralar that would have both introduced us to Azsuna quest line and solved the Suramar encryption that unlocked the zone. That would have easily made it there.

They would have also showed up with the Night elf army in retaking Suramar, presumably joining with the Moonguard, sentinels and Nightfallen who would all be one camp, with the Blood elves and the high elves instead representing the horde and alliance, because technically, the night elven people are the ones this is about.

I know that originally it was Vereesa and Liadrin given alliance and horde quests, it was swapped to Tyrande in a 7.1 bunch of alterations - I discovered later that this happens after the meeting that decides the Nightborne would go horde, and so everything changes. The war of thorns and destruction of Teldrassil, Darnassus, loss of Darkshore and Ashenvale were originally meant to replaced by Suramar, Azsuna, Val’sharah, Shaladrassil - and it made sense as this is the original place the night elf story starts. WC3 was just the game start, the story starts in the novel WotA, but the lore goes back to their transformation from dark trolls - which was also a soft retcon that Chris made during wow’s development.

Well I would have hated Suramar to override Eldre’thalas - and it would have been totally un-necessary, we have many groups of druids, or the Order of Elune, the night elves are big enough to have 3 different groups of Highborne - Shen’dralar, Suramar Highborne and Farondis - well technically they actually do have these 3 and they are all different.

I love Farondis’ character, he is so good for the night elves, hope they do more there, and use him, new characters that everyone agrees are good are very rare in wow today, especially a new night elf one. Shame we haven’t seem him used.

Suramar is already developed and got 7.0 and 7.1 for it, so to does Azsuna, the one group that hasn’t been done justice is the Shen’dralar. And because Suramar has gone horde, this is the one that needs to shine brightly now.

Brightly to carry the torch of the kaldorei civilization on the side of the kaldorei, now the Nightborne are horde and on the opposite side, as well as be the face that show truly the extent and power of the Highborne as the lore often describes their capabilities.

Whiles this is the Nightborne too, it really is necessary to show the actual Highborne like this. Coupled with the fact the night elves do need a new city now, with both Suramar and Darnassus lost to them for now, I think this becomes even more important. And potentially can allow the Shen’dralar to shine if the night elves ever do more than peace out in Bel’ameth village.

But you would have to show their works, to show how incredible they are. It must be something extraordinary to be the most revered arcanists of the kaldorei empire, and to process the top projects of the Queen herself, which heavily implies the wonder works and secret works of the empire get developed there. IT is also something to be the keeps of all the empire’s lore - those secret archives documented everything … if you follow Shen’dralar lore, they are experts at scrying /spying - we are told they were constantly looking all over Azeroth through those techniques gathering knowledge and taking pleasure in event he most obscure pieces by other races.

They also first discovered Deathwing’s emergence. The implication is they are aware of everything that had been going on in Azeroth up till their initial expulsion from the city in classic. so while the newly returned to magic Darnassians would have been significantly out of practice and some tighter modern defense techniques to allow their portals and construct to be hijacked by a Silvermoon mage, it would have been a very different story if a Shen’dralar was in Azshara zone, they would be aware of it - but the downside is they weren’t necessary battle/combat mages, they’re researchers, magical engineers, archivists and scholars , not Moonguard - but they are the smartest in the realm, and the evidence seems to imply this as well.

This gives them potential and possible great use going forward, if blizzard would bother to develop the night elves beyond chilling in the village. And show them become powerful and impressive in all their facets.

That may have happened, but that doesn’t make you a revered arcanists. And the lore said processed her top projects, not carried her completed works into hiding - which implies they developed.

In secret obviously because these are Azshara’s best things, her aces, so no one knows about it. Think of it like the Eureka city of the night elf empire - if you have watched the 00s tv show Euerka. Zin’Azsarhai ruins quest in 8.2 really show us what Azshara was like, she claimed credit for every wondrous work, even when she had nothing to do with it. How could the Queen keep putting out all these jaw dropping wonders when the lore tells us she was mostly consumed with studying the Well of Eternity and looking for greater power sources? I tell you how, the Shen’dralar, they’d develop it, she’d release it, and the night elves would just think of her as even more wonderful.

Think of it like the head scientists special force team, that make him look real good, he may come up with some of the ideas, but likely he would flog them to come up with ideas, pick the one he likes the most and have them develop it. Not that he won’t be capable of doing quite a few himself, he’d likely have done a lot in his earlier years, so he can now delegate as the head now, while he spends his time on what he considers more important matters, like a new energy source.

Ths is exactly how the situation is read here. But this is good news for the night elves, because they gain a wealth of expertise in both the Shend’ralar and the Farondis in Azsuna who had the most renowned mage academy the magical theoretical top university of the world of the most magical civilization mortal kind have ever had.

This can really allow the night elves ’ arcane wing to continue in a league of its own if those two are employed. and no they don’t have to be massive or dominate night elven culture like they did in te pre-sundering era, they can still be shown to be that effective as a much smaller group or operating with one city, they don’t negate the druids or wardens or priests or demon hunters all operating in their various zones and habitats, be it temple, forest or capital city, vault or stronghold or Hold.

But it kind of does, because we need to look at the lore.

" The Shen’dralar were Queen Azshara’s most revered arcanists, charged with the storage and safekeeping of her most precious tomes."

Being revered could be that they did the job she gave them, extremely well. They were charged with the storage and safekeeping of her tomes. Nobody knows what those tomes contained so they did her job, extremely well.

They also processed her demands in secret; however that wasn’t part of their charge, per say. They were revered for storing her tomes and that job is something they did which impressed her because not even the Sisterhood of Elune knew what those tomes contained.
I can’t speculate about something where I think it’s reaching. I have to be realistic and I don’t believe Azshara’s power comes and was shared with the Shen’dralar. Their is absolutely no way, she would have Prince Tortheldrin become a potential rival to her throne.
I think the more realistic approach would be to have Azshara break into the Eldre’Thalas Vaults, steal back her tomes and then make her way to Quel’Thalas, the Land of the Sin’dorei, where she can essentially deal with both Revered Highborne and Elite Circle Highborne.

Azshara was clever enough to ensure she had total control and power, before the Legion invaded. The Shen’dralar just weren’t up their, in terms of her level of power because she wouldn’t allow them to be at her level of power. She wanted to be Queen of all that existed; I don’t think giving Tortheldrin and the Shen’dralar men the powers of the curse would make her rule concrete which is why I think your reaching at something which isn’t wrote down at all.
It’s clear why they were her revered arcanists and that was because they did their job for her, exceptionally well and we should go off that job to explore how and where the Shen’dralar can fit in, for the future.

I think we should forget this whole “knew about the powerful curse” stuff because their is no evidence to that and it actually ruins Azshara’s lore because we know that she doesn’t share that sort of power - especially if it threatens her status as Queen.

Well…

A) The world has been in permanent war…

B) Humans/Orcs got the memo on how to… reproduce… and make more soldiers.

C) Nelfs have been genocided a couple of times already…

D) Nelfs send their women to women-only military units. Which makes no sense if population numbers are an issue.

Well no wonder you guys are a minority and all that is left is a village sized capital. Remember: The rest of the population ARE the tree. The other rest are still in the maw waiting for Sylvanas to finish her daily quests there.

But I will add: If Garrosh was still warlord, all this would not have happened.

Long Live Garrosh. He was right !

I’m hoping they incorporate some highborne-esque architecture mingled in with the tree, something similar to Suramar or even more nature based like Darnassus. Just so there’s something for everyone, and to depict how Night Elven culture has evolved. Early days though so it’s hard to judge what it’s going to be like from early images.

You do know that Garrosh was kicked out from Ashenvale after he attacked it?
“mighty” orc defeated by measly human lol

Well, he is dead, so long live Garrosh sounds funny
And no he was not right and he was war criminal

The cataclysm quest-lines say otherwise. Honorable at his core.

Also: Alliance dogs were kicked out of other places by “measly” orcs. Not to mention, poor Jaina… buhu! :smiley:

Rofl, read Wolfheart. He lost every captured territory in Ashenvale which was never showed in game. Even Furbolgs kicked his behind :stuck_out_tongue:
War criminal and genocidal maniac, yup. sounds like horde

Thats right. Fear us! :smiley: :rage:

No one is fearing you, we are laughing at you :rofl:

So am I. You think anyone with 1 working neuron would take any of this serious? :smiley:

Enjoy some RP once in a while common… You alliance dog…

Filthy horde :rofl:

You could interpret it that way, but the language and the style doesn’t suggest that, nor the lore in how they play out.

they are the only city in the entire empire to successfully fend off multiple demonic invasions, survive.
They were the first to manage to summon a demon after the sundering, and utilise it’s power without alerting the rest of the legion
They also were the first to figure out how to use the arcane without alerting others to it’s usage.

They are incredibly smart.

It also doesn’t fit the epic profile blizzard are typical of portraying for their groups and factions in the earlier days of warcraft, including night elves… you don’t meet minnows in this situation. Something we seem missing a lot more

I would 100% say, revered arcanists meant revered arcanists. in the main and obvious way it is meant, to convey the highest of stations as a collective group. they are nerdy type scientists too, not the type tup for forming rebellions. But could be the very cunning and shrewd type too. Totheldrin strikes me more like a guard dog type. Military type to keep them in line and making targets, he isn’t a mage -though that could just be something not fixed.

Also you don’t build a city just to deliver papers, nor call the delivery man most revered - process means make, - Azshara would have wanted the really good stuff she comes with done far away from her seat of power and the public eye, where no chance of anyone discovering those secrets or how “she did it” - it’s basically Eureka city but for night elves - and Totheldrinn is basically like the Sheriff in that show.

" The Shen’dralar were Queen Azshara’s most revered arcanists, charged with the storage and safekeeping of her most precious tomes."

You don’t really become most revered for doing book keeping very well, it’s the other way round, you get your brightest and most skilled magicians, secret them away to do the really difficult and important stuff.

Remember keeping the tomes and lore of the empire is one of two functions we know they served primarily, the other was processing t he top projects.

The Shen’dralar were Queen Azshara’s most revered arcanists. It was within these very walls that the Queen’s most important demands were processed - often in secret.

A clever queen would have handpicked the sharpest tools in the box that could make the impossible happen (top projects) as well as the best at processing knowledge information and keeping it well and hidden. Ones you could trust - that weren’t vying for power like Xavius - and given their renown, and what we know they did for 10k years aafter the sundering till hidden in that city, it was arcane knowledge and wonder was their obsession, not political power - like Xavius. The honorifics also implies that collectively as a group they were the most revered arcanists, so no other group in the empire has as high an esteem. And they would not be widely known as most revered while or after being hidden in Eldre’thalas.

They’d have been most revered before that, snagged up by the queen, then gone to secret government facility , the size of a massive city with the highest concentration of talent to do stuff somebody as smart as yourself can process without supervision, and also supply you with a steady stream of wonders.

Anyway, no one, and I mean no one denied the queen back in those days, they were all enamoured with her. And she was not just brilliant with the arcane, she was exceptionally cunning and brilliant at handling people.

A woman with that level of power had people doing her important stuff, every government or powerful leader controlling one does. The empire had the Shen’dralar and the Queen controlled that. Rather look at this way…that Azshara would trust Totheldrin and the Shen’dralar with this implied she was absolutely confident in their loyalty towards her.

You have to remember, the night elf empire isn’t an ordinary empire by human standards, the Night elves were all enamoured with her, no one thought of betraying her till she started sending demons out, and funnily enough even her Highborne rebelled, but only those who were far away enough from the Palace and the presence of the demons - This is why Farondis could rebel, Elisande, the Shen’dralar, Menaar, the only Highborne in the city and close to it all that managed to overcome the madness at the heart were the Sunstriders. WotA lets you know that most people until the resistance invades zin’Azshari, actually thought the Queen was innocent and somehow needed to be freed.
The state of affairs rather informs me the opposite I’m afraid, Azshara did trust.

Totheldrinn and the most revered arcanists of the realm to do those top projects and tasks as well as keep the knowledge of the empire - the most renowned in the realm, at appoint well before the demons and likely well before her addiction and hubris had truly sunk her - and she would have been cunning back then as much as she became at the end.

Given her rep, and her esteem, she would not have had any cause not to, and so delegate less important tasks when the lore clearly says they were the most revered arcanists I two separate quotations, processing the most important demands

I think they are many things they coudl do, some which could involve that very thing, but Is suspec the knoweldge the Shen’dralar held would be coded in teh very city itself, there wont be enough books, welll a city worth of it, if the hard copies aren’t already destroyed. We know Wrathion on his visit found the libraries destroyed - but as you say , there could have been vaults, very likley not just vaults but magical menas of storing the data too, and not jus tin one way in several - probably in Ancients of lore, in arcane golems and crystals [we see the highborne trainee teachingh er students use one to actually convey knoweldgei n rapid learning, konweldge stored in the gcontsturct], there could be vaults where the true originals lie only accessible by shen’drlaar, , with the ones we saw in Dire Maul west, only being copies of copies for show

i wt would fit the profile of genius mages, obsessed with thier work, hard copies woudl be like mint-condition first editions, a collectors pride, rather htan the only source of the knoweldge, which they would keep.

Blizzard could do a hell of a lot for restoring the night elves’ civilziation and a powerful arcane component that showcases what the lore has said about the night elves on the night elves themselves. it’s a bit furstrating to be a night elf fan, read about these things, yet not see them in game, especially on the night elves themselves. And while i know the nightbonre are a ngiht elf sub race and essentially night elves on the horde, it’s not the samet hign, even though they’ve changed slightly - it’sas if only changing from night elf is the only way that you can have the cool civilziaiton and arcane stuff of hte night elves.

tha’ts not what we have in our lore, we’d like to see that stuf fon the night elves too. and with groups like the Shen’dralar and the Farondis and the Moonguard, they can really make a night elf arcane wing that matches the legends of the lore visible and showing exactly why they were that.

It woudl also restore much needed confdidence and respect to the night elfes, show the fans the lore is been honoured carefully and that night elves are not just being portrayed only one sided -

it’s been a massive problemw ith ngiht elves in wow, this one sided showing, it’sn ot nice, it rmeinds me of hte classes, when only the healing spec of the druid was what for a while the game promoted, turning what originally in the lore ws not a pure healing class to a 1005 healer with the rest just fluff on the side… it took a while before finally teh druid was well known to be a great caster too, a great meleer and a great tank too.

the night elvs are sorta in a similar position and blizzard has also truncated other races too into one trick ponies Rather than continue to develop their individual flair and distinctiveness as their own people with their multi facet things.

You shoudln’t only see nighte lves excellent at druidism (like we use to only see druids excellent at healing0, the lore has them at the very top of the arcane, the very top of fel magic, the most extensive priesthood and powerful high priestess, and at the very top of ranged /archery combat - in the lore it is clear night elves are the best at the arcane, nature and fel magic through their mages/highborne/moonguard, their druids, and their dmon hunters… however priests and rangers theyu have others sharing the spot, High elves/blood elvesn Farstriders seem as elite as sentinesl, the way they are written in the lore… and they are not on par when it comes tot he arcane, despite being more numerous and having it far more prevalent… a we see blood elves are a step below Nightborne when it comes to that, and nightborne are on par roughly with Highborne/Moonguard although in my estimate they’re a tiny half step below. I have my reasons for suspecting this. But this is fine, given who they are, a small group of elites would be a very powerful concentration of magic users, the night elves don’t have to be an arcane dominant society to have a faction amongst them totally dedicated to the arcane and at the very top of the field .

This isn’t hard to conceive. it’s the same with demon hunters we widely perceive as the most powerful fel users in the game despite warlocks of the burning legion being the principle users of fel