No option to copy characters from european servers?

Only says N.america on the copy character.

2 Likes

There is this part in the development notes that talks about how Warbands data conversion is not fully working at the moment. It is possible that they don’t have EU character copy enabled until their system is fully working, just to reduce potential further issues. This is just my speculation and hopefully we can get someone clear this up.

1 Like

It is enabled. My friend can freely copy his character while I cannot, and we are in the same region.

I can’t either but if some people can do it from EU than this is not intended and just a bug.

I’d be happy already if I could at least copy my key bindings, but no: only NA for me -_-

1 Like

Same problem here only NA is showing as copy character option so i cannot copy character or key bindings.

1 Like

Have you tried copying bindings-cache.wtf from your retail WTF folders over to the beta ones?

3 Likes

I have the same issue

Same issue. And I also keep getting “character creation failed” when I try and roll a new toon. I don’t see an option to create an already levelled toon so I can’t even roll a demon hunter which is the class I’d like to test. Nor can I roll a toon who can jump straight into TWW content.

I don’t know what the “These go to eleven” server means, but I have no copy options on either that or Khadgar. On Alleria, the copy dropdown says N America only.

Other betas were a lot easier to do this stuff on. I’m assuming it’s all tied to issues with the warband screen. Would it be possible to just have the old style character select until warbands are ready to be tested?

Have you tried using the “Create Character” button in the testing frame (at the bottom, left of the “Enter World” button)?

Yeah it kept saying “character creation failed” after a couple of tries though it started working (I’m still not sure what the issue was, it just resolved for no real reason) and once I created a random lvl 80 on the “eleven” server, I was able to create a DH. I would still like the option to copy data from my account though. The Keybinding thing is still a problem.

some problem for me guys. Only NA nothing else.

I was able to copy my EU character, but I can’t start TWW-Quest. I get send to Dalaran for the pre-patch event stuff, but the TWW-Quest-Tauren says I am not eligable for anything in the new zones and I can’t get there.

I don’t know if this will work or not but try creating a TWW template char and load into the game.

Then go back to your copied character and see if it works.

1 Like

It didn’t I can create template characters fine - but the copy option only has N America in the drop down and the rest is empt.

The is the endgame test realm which has max level only character templates and no character copy ( See the beta notes pinned at the top of the forum for more info).

At least according to the notes it should be possible to copy characters on the other (normal) realms - but that’s not working for me.

(Ok now i can write here as thank Punyelf helped)

I did once random character creation. Worked log in.

But, I cant wait when they fix EU players can copy character. Hope next day
I wanted see my main and alts as warband.

I’m glad you got in, the servers are currently on a shut down so who knows maybe when they come back up it will be an option. No promises though!

I noticed that too. I was able to copy a character last night around eleven pm CET, though. Didn’t actually manage to log into the game though. Still haven’t gotten past the character select screen.

The EU option is up now again, but it can’t find any character. But I guess that is related to the wrong accounts showing up when you choose which account you will play the beta on. Very strange as the prepurchase is on one and only account which is not listed as option.

1 Like

I’ll try when the beta is accessible again. Ty for the hint. :slight_smile:

PS: first post was from wrong char by mistake.