"No plans for PvP stats"

Except drestagath hit for like 120k non crit and bike around 80-100k both with 0counterplay and instant.

Mythic drest and raden weapons means + 100 rating atm. This means same thing will happen in shadowlands? Good thing i didnt preorder this time

3 Likes

I have no idea how people thought that a PvP vendor would also mean the return of PvP stats and honor+conquest currency. This outcome could be seen from several miles away.

1 Like

Fully working gear system - U mean every casual PvPer can do a 15 or atleast a 12 - the first raid bosses on mystic are also doable, while you need 2.4k rating to get a decent item from PvP - seems totally fair and viable. Ontop of that the raid drops the best trinckets for PvP … And yes I farmed that ****.

We want to make an alt get it max level and be able to join arena in a day and NOT be serious behind. The content is playing arena not gearing through a diablo like gearing system.

5 Likes

He said that itemization will be exactly the same as in BFA. But they added vendors so players have more choice of what they wannt.

Basicaly pvp vendors without pvp stats wont change anything. If pve gear dominates pvp again, and it realy looks like it will, then we are up for ywt another clown fiesta expansion.

2 Likes

I’m actually really disappointed in this. The only thing I had left and that kept me going was this: “oh it will be better in the shadowlands”.
Hearing what Ion said in the interview was such a let down. Idk if I cba to play anymore. :frowning:

He has been a letdown since 2 years.

2 Likes

Vendors will make no noticable impact since the requirement to get anything worthwhile from them is at minimum playing in Duelist range. Something that usually takes a great deal more effort than its M+ counterpart.

Without some separation of PvP and PvE gear then PvE gear will remain a nescessity in PvP. More so for anyone playing below 1800 and even 2100 rating.

Hey, tbc waiting room.
Atleast in tbc we had pvp gear with stats.

6 Likes

Bike actually has some counterplay (it can be dodged, parried, you can also say get between the bike and a portal and it will hit the portal) although it is a bit limited. One of the first skirmishes I did testing it out and it blew up on a lock portal, I thought it was hilarious (and a bug). But yeah if you get hit in a stun or they have their back to a wall/pillar bike is instant (which now everyone does if they can).

And Drest hits for closer to 80k non crit unless its mythic which barely anyone has. You can always tell whether someone has mythic gear pretty quickly though :confused:

Well since they literally said they will keep the gearing like in BfA just with the addition of vendors we can almost certainly assume that stuff like raid trinkets will be bis again for pvp… So yeah, you’re probably right. -.-

2 Likes

It’s all still a little too vague for me to have a definitive opinion. I don’t mind there being no PvP stats if the gear is as good as PvE gear, but is it? I’ve read things about it being upgradeable which is fine, but within reason.

Upgrading once or twice to reach max ilvl at a reasonable cost is not a problem for me if the gearing is at a similar pace to how it was when vendors used to exist. Conquest cap should increase with rating and then the better players can gear up and upgrade quicker than everyone else, but everyone still has the opportunity to get the best gear just on different timescales.

I also think they need to add special perks to PvP trinkets again if you equip two. A damage reduction like before or unlocking an extra PvP talent. Something that puts them on a par with PvE trinkets. You could even add similar perks for equipping two gladiator rings (I remember someone suggesting this before) which would also make PvP gear a bit more desirable in a PvP setting, at least creating some sort of choice between that and PvE gear rather than one being clearly better than the other. This is something they could easily do without having to add in PvP specific stats to gear.

I haven’t played for a year and the thought of having a PvP gearing system similar to the old one was enticing me to sub again when Shadowlands arrives. If it’s just a rubbish watered down version I’ll probably not bother.

1 Like

The hardest I swallowed was 75k Drest crit so far by a fellow DH.

I dont wanna know what mythic hits for on cloth though.

The Bike, eh… atleast it has counterplay. I didnt even know it can get soaked lol.

You can but you or your team-mate need to have a really good awarness to eat it before it crash to you.

Tbh from drestagath I’m not really sure because when we played the last time with my mate, we got hit all games by more than 100k non crit. We played like 2 or 3hour in a row at low cr.

We had to trade cooldown at the beginning all the time because of that (without mentioning when used by 2 at one can be deadly).

Yeh I dont wanna experience jungle with both having Drest on Mythic. One Trap and you are dead in the first 5 seconds if both already hit 100k noncrit.

We did like 3 times, the dmg was insane without dark arch. I didn’t had time to MD trap my mate was dead.

The problem is you have to trade big cooldown all the time without them using burst most of the time. And sometimes you don’t have time to react because your healer isn’t cc’ed you think you are okay and suddenly getting deleted by combo like trinket>ferocious bite>flame

I dont know why Blizzard is simply not nerfing them by 60-70%. They can have their use, but they should maximally be on par with PvP Trinkets.

Instead we have Corruptions being so super strong and PvE weapon procs and trinkets too.

Atleast I finally found a raiding guild on Argent Dawn so my Ra-den Weapons and Drest Trinket cannot come soon enough.

1 Like

I swear they want us to regret about crying about templates xD

I disliked templates though. They took away choice. If I wanted to go for a pure mastery build I was pretty much not allowed to.

If anything the “maximally 10% stronger or weaker” depending on itemlevel was a good thing in Legion.

I didn’t pre-order Shadowlands - Feels Good Man

3 Likes