"No plans for PvP stats"

https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/1261001290802270208

I called this months ago, Shadowlands will LITERALLY be just like BFA, same stupid class design, dominating pve gear and probl no caring pvp changes again.

enjoy dogs

26 Likes

thank god i like doing m+

4 Likes

Enjoy Shadowlands. They want to remove PvP and they don’t even hide it anymore.

13 Likes

excited seeing all these new pve trinkets ruining pvp

8 Likes

I mean wasn’t this obvious from the very moment they announced pvp vendors ?

PvP Vendor doesn’t automatically mean PvP stats.

12 Likes

Need more information on PvP vendors tbh like

does this gear scale in arena?

is the ilvl still based of rating?

is there an honor vendor (but how would this work if gear is based of rating and does not scale in pvp?)

is the gear still going to be horribly optimized ( why is there crit on it when it’s a dead stat for 90% of spec)

we honestly just need more info on this but i guess blizz cba

4 Likes

Hope dies last.

I am literally wondering how adding pvp vendors will bring any difference now. As long as the gear from them is not on the same ilvl as pve gear they will be completely useless. And since dragonslayers will cry big crocodile tears if the gear from these vendors have the same quality as their precious loot this is very unlikely to happen.

tl;dr vendors will be useless and not bring any change for us.

15 Likes

My bet is you’ll play either M+ or PvP for the 1 weekly chest and then you have to raid…

Their plan is to make everyone ask for templates haha.

Atleast we can play the game and they don’t have to balance anything, they just cba from what we see actually.

1 Like

Same as cataclysm, all gear same ilvl, difference in color and ilvl high weapon is 2,200 rating.

Under normal circumstances I would say that having a PvP vendor relies on either having PvP stats or having item-level scaling in place. You need to have one of those in place to prevent the PvP gear from being the best gear in the game and the easiest to obtain gear as well. It has to be contained to the PvP space, basically.

I mean, if the PvP vendor just has competitive item-level epics on sale with no drawbacks, then there’s no reason to do any gear grind in the game except the PvP one.

But…

It seems as if Blizzard’s approach to Shadowlands is to have scarcity of gear. As Ion has said before, then the plan is that gear should just be gear. No Titanforging or Corruption or anything. On the flip-side you’ll get less of it, but it’ll be more valuable when you do get something.

And scarcity means that a PvP vendor can probably exist without needing to have any PvP stats or item-level scaling in place. The cost of items on the PvP vendor will just have to be high, so players can’t buy items very often. That way there can be a preserved balance between the easy availability of gear on the PvP vendor and the high quality of gear players can buy.

So it can work.

And I’m not surprised. Asking for a PvP vendor always struck me as the community asking the monkey paw for a wish. And the monkey paw has fulfilled that wish, but not the way the community expected. But why did anyone expect Blizzard would flip-flop on its design of having few barriers between PvE and PvP?
So expected.

1 Like

Let’s hope they disable PvE effects in PvP and make gearing as easy in PvP as it is in PvE, then it’s all good.
Actually it would even be better that way, considering then we’d be able to gear up and do well in both aspects.

This would require them to actually do it this way though.
If they don’t, it’s gonna be hell again.

1 Like

Ok I’m done with this game. Imagine being able to gear up by playing the content which you enjoy to play.

3 Likes

I would care so little about trinkets like Drest or the Wheel if Corruptions were just gone alongside Essences.

All this passive damage has to go, a trinket hitting for 50k is strong but not ruining the Game for me.

But that is what you’re able to do. That’s why PvP does have – and always have had – a fully functional gearing system in place.

But since WoW is both PvP and PvE, then there’s always more efficiency and value to be had from dipping into both PvP and PvE systems at the same time, to gear up.

1 Like

Unless the PvP-items scale in PvP-combat they will be completely and utterly useless and you can bury PvP just as well.

2 Likes

Dipping?!? Mate, atm you need to submarine into PvE to even get get close to gear up to the point where your even close to competing.

7 Likes

False. The best items currently are from PvE exclusively. Trinkets, rings, weapons, most azerite pieces etc that are BiS are from raids/m+ vendor exclusively.

But if it were even on both sides, then it’d be optimal. I’d like to do both to gear, but only if it’s the same quality.

Edit:

I don’t get why people want resilience or any PvP stat back. Old resilience was bad, and people didn’t want you in PvE if you had it equipped etc.

It’s better to have a system where drops in PvP and PvE are of equal quality, and eventual op effects from PvE gear disabled in arena like some trinkets were in Legion. MUCH better than resilience/ PvP power system etc.

1 Like

No, it’s PvE or gtfo. Imagine a competitive PvP experience. Guess I’ll have to play something else for that.

Yeah I know. But looking at Shadowlands and what Blizzard have said so far, then scarcity of items seems to be the name of the game. In the absence of Titanforging or Corruption RNG, the sheer volume of items you’ll get from a Mythic+ or a Raid has to go down considerably, otherwise we’ll all be decked out in BiS gear in no time.
Personally I think we’ll have a gearing up approach more akin to what existed back in Vanilla WoW, where an item upgrade was rare, but it lasted a long time.
So for PvP in Shadowlands it’ll take time to earn enough currency to buy an item from the PvP vendor, but the items will last long as well and won’t be overshadowed by everything from PvE.
That has to be the balance they’re going for.