No, we don't want RDF! We really don't want that šŸ¤Æ

There is no use talking to him. He argues just to argue without having a point.

Before the WotLK announcement most people will just have expected that Blizzard will bring the RDF at some point in WotLK Classic and nobody posted on the forums about it and nobody made polls for Blizzard to exclude the RDF.
Plus those polls have been posted in most reddits and discords related to Classic. Itā€™s delusional to say there is a majority, that direct doesnā€™t want the RDF and just didnā€™t know about the polls.

No matter how many arguments you make he will just keep making up nonsense to question your arguments.

3 Likes

Well not that its long term, but https://youtu.be/wS1juqaiW3o?t=1807 and a bit forwards is where they talk about design pillars (well not by the same name and not as clearly but still) and then Ion says ā€œDungeon finder, or group finder. OFC we are not going to have dungeon finder in wow classicā€ that could ether be taken as Classic vanilla or as for the entire line of wow classic. Not that its entirely clear but it can be seen both ways.

4200 votes in favour. versus 300,000 active raiders/pvpers in TBCC.

And that assumes people voting are even playing TBCC and arenā€™t returning for wrath.

Hardly representative.

1 Like

Thats how polls work. They are not intended to be answered by everyone, but its information representative enough to be relevant when it comes to community opinions. On the other hand, the fact still remains, that there is no indication that a big number of players wants the change either. If its unclear, why should the change be made?

Oh, so now whatever they say has to be underlined with ā€œlong termā€ or else people will assume whatever they feel like apart from what was promised/said?
Whatever they said then is more than the nothing they have said pro-your argument of a promise - Right?

Layering, Mailsystem, Loot-Trading, Arena Ratings, Dungeon Limits, Same-faction BGs (Lootboxes to the minority faction), Phases, Dynamic Respawns, Nerfs/Buffs, Summoning in to Dungeons/to Nether Storm all beg the differ.
They were introduced ahead of its time, removed or without having been there before. Blizzard havent ever set anything in stone and kept to it, LFD is no different.

And obviously the closer we come to Retail, the more things there is for them to consider as we come closer to the time people started to talk about a Classic overall.

Last example was a boat. I indeed drive between messages on the forums, risking the life of everybodyā€¦ J/K =))

No, but you and many other seemed to have boarded the bus not know what the destination is. People just hoped and prayed for Classic TBC, WOTLK etc, expansions that were never promised from the get go!

Now you are saying that they should do this and that, because it doesnt match your expectations. The expectation you buildt out of thinn air and which was never promised by Blizzard when you stepped on the bus given the information you had at that time.

I get that some people are disappointed, because this didnt match their expectations (like many of the things I listed). But expectations and promises are two different things, and nothing was promised.

Edit: Ill add that my expectations was not having LFD around, which I could only hope for. The difference in our expectations, in what ā€œClassicā€ is supposed to be and why, makes it hard for us to reach a consensus on this. Just like people had a hard time to define Classic back in the day.

So the only pseudo-creative thing to do is to claim that everybody wants it, or doesnt want it, and pretend like it matters what the majority want.

1 Like

lol, he said authenticity.

Yes Classic was very authenthic like before y y

You are here just to put your opinion in mode ā€œRDF ruined the gameā€, while we explain the things, the real things based on the present, not on the past, not blinded because RDF hurt feeling, not based on ā€œin my memoriesā€ because everything based on it was a fail when you read the old post in 2019 before Classic

I remember in 2019 on the forum :

• There is no rush on Classic
  • Classic is for old Vanilla players
  • Retail players will leave the game after 1 month
  • Retail players will leave the game after lvl 30
  • Retail players will leave after 3 months
  • Classic is ultra social
  • Classic is a chill game
  • There is no min max on Classic
  • People will stop to play for you and help you

An example :

Iā€™m not going to do yet another topic to tell you that WoW Classic is awesome, that youā€™re going to live on love and fresh water by the side of a campfire while slowly climbing to your 60 and that youā€™ll be projected 15 years backward. I donā€™t need to convince you of that.

On the other hand, I would like to invite you to several things surely already proposed here and there.

Share.
Swap. barter
Help
Discuss
Take your time
Make friends
Learn / Do Rp (if you like that. come to Auberdine in this case).
Put your interests after those of the players around you when possible.

Good dream good dream.

And after that players cried :

• I donā€™t remember that on Vanilla"
  • It wasnā€™t like that on Vanilla" ā€œClassic is not Vanillaā€
  • Some players stole my Ore while iā€™m already mining",
  • Players like to stole and tag mobs while you are already casting"
  • The game is too easy i donā€™t remember that"
  • Some players, guild and even faction control the DIABLOSAURE LEATHER"
  • Layering Blizzard this is not Classic !"
  • 10k players on a server Blizzard itā€™s not Classic"
  • The community disappoints me"
  • Tonight Iā€™m answering an ad, Iā€™m being grouped, Iā€™m kicked instantaneously before I even had time to write good evening because there is already a war."
  • 3 days ago we are 5 at the level of the respawn of a mob that we all need to validate a quest, I naturally propose to group, nobody answers everyone prefers to play the 20% chance of obtaining the mob that the 100%ā€¦"
  • An hour ago I saved a guy about to die with 3 mobs after him I took back his aggro in extremis, he sat down and watched me kill his mobs without helping or even a thank you."
  • 5 minutes ago I ask a mage with for some bread that I also saved from certain death, no thanks and he royally ignores me."
  • I ask for help to kill an elite mob in order to validate my oh how difficult quest of war lvl 30, nobody answers I give up after 30 min to take me wind on wind and I come to pay 1po a guy for that"
  • Iā€™m jaded by these antisocial behaviors, itā€™s not my way of playing I like to get involved, say hello to people I meet in a zepelin, help those in need, chat with a stranger that I donā€™t have could not save, help another for a quest not too far, answer questions asked on the /1, give advice, do wild pvp, use emotes etc etc."

And i can continue with a longue list.

Well, i think i can stop now there is enough example.
Yeah yeah the real Classic experience, i believe it.

Good memories but the reality is quite different.

1 Like

Lol thatā€™s not how polls work though is it. 4299 votes in favor of RDF out of 6945 total votes (thatā€™s not even counting the 576 votes that said yes but later, do that and itā€™s 4875 in favor). Thatā€™s 62% (or 70% with yes but later) in favor.

And every poll has about that very outcome.

Or maybe you debunk all the election polls too made every election just because everyone hasnā€™t answered?

You just need to let it go. That or give us some actual proof that weā€™re wrong here.

3 Likes

Read my post about RDF, you really do want RDF, you just have illogical thinking, my arguements and facts could not be countered.

Trying to find groups at the moment is a nightmare. I often just stop playing and go do something else because itā€™s so depressing being told I canā€™t join, ignored or even verbally abused.

With RFD I can play the game while I wait, I am very happy to wait forever for a group to pop. I just cant take the rejection anymore of /4. Without RFD I will probably just grow tired of the game and turn to my steam library.

Back in the day I collected all the badge heirlooms by doing RFD heroics. The thought of doing that without dungeon finder makes me feel sick.

2 Likes

We donā€™t want flying alts from day one either, yet weā€™ll have it.
Thereā€™s actually a whole slew of issues, that I alt least do not want in Wrath Classic from launch. Is this stopping Blizz? Nope.
They give us all changes from 3.3.5 just not RDF. Man I donā€™t like this!

Not really, itā€™s the vocal minority thatā€™s against it that votes the most. btw did they fix strawpoll? The link says it closed 98 days ago.

Aside from the completionist element, the lack of people at lower levels is a product of how players consume games now, boom and bust. Big early days, then a falloff. Previously, wow grew steadily for 5 years.

The solution isnā€™t RDF - itā€™s to give new players a shared levelling server (or equivalent solution) so they can run around a world filled with other players of their level and experience the game.

Pouring them from a major city directly into a dungeon is a bad, bad, bad solution that is a terrible experience and is the sole driver for the remaining friends I have who havenā€™t played wow getting into it once they realise they are stuck by themselves, unable to enjoy the game, while people like yourself with full heirlooms tear through all the content and they may as well not even be there.

The vocal minority are the ones, that try to invalidate the polls with a theory they made and canā€™t really prove.

Those polls where posted on all the discords, reddits and boards, that are also frequented by people, that donā€™t like the RDF. And the sample sizes are also big enough to be representative.

You just fight the polls, because you donā€™t like the outcome.

1 Like

Not me, I want the proper Wrath RDF, not this one thatā€™s been on a diet.

1 Like

Hehe nice one!

The poll was released when Blizzard announced their intend to remove RDF from wotlk and polls on the website are available for a limited time.

Anyone who feels strongly one way or another will bother to vote. The only people who will vote much less are those who dont care. If it wouldnt work this way, no poll ever would hold any value.

1 Like

Some do, some dont. We dont get to decide for others though. Blizzard should respect the players that do. They really should make some servers with and some without. Someone please make a poll so we can vote on this and clear up this issue once and for all.
They are bringing achievements with Wotlkā€¦like they did all those years agoā€¦but now you cant get to a lot of the dungeons to do themā€¦how do we do stockades as horde etc?

I learnt to heal as druid in rdfā€¦got the patient title for doing so many. Wotlk was the best time iv ever had in a game. I wouldnt mind if it stays wraith for years and never goes to cataā€¦though i loved the changes to class that came with it.

I want it back, but understand those that dont. This doesnt have to turn ugly though. We are adults now. Times have changed. The last few years have been tryingā€¦but at least we still have games to enjoy. This game is what WE make it. Like that dude said in the Gooniesā€¦its our time.
Lets enjoy this as long as we can. Whatever happens i look forward to seeing all of you in game. Cheers to you champion.

Yay letā€™s have fun. Can you briefly explain what are the social aspects you are having on tbc when you going into dungeons and also vanilla if you played?

Are you asking me? I dont have any social aspects in dungeonsā€¦go inā€¦do what we need and leave. I hardly talk to anyone in game only friends or maybe in guild

Well You can go to the US forums and check some topics there. Overhelming majority is not anti-rdf.

Ofc its not definitive data set, but as with any data, it gives some hints.

And if I hear ā€œsocial aspectā€ one more time i think I will puke. Nitpicking bastards, dont want social spects in pvp, they want to queue from anywhere for BG, but PvE players must sufferā€¦tfu.

2 Likes