Non-RPers don't help servers, they destroy servers

yes and why did those rpers leave faelyda

could it be the increasing amount of oocers making rp on sha’tar no longer enjoyable

or are you going to keep pulling the “not all oocers are bad” shtick that we know and agree with

4 Likes

Tbf it’s entirely reasonable to just say that the overall population was shrinking and that for a role-player, it makes sense to go to where there’s more role-play on offer. They’ve literally had to merge realms due to declining populations.

genuinely don’t get the need for a weird boogie man

2 Likes

Hmm OK but when a server has a perfectly healthy & functioning community the entirety of it doesn’t spontaneously leave

Also be sure to check the part where I directly state that there were more and more OOC players that came in; I have a plentiful amount of old experience where many of them made a nuisance of themselves and actively worked to disrupt RP

Sorry Faelyda, but the majority of roleplayers disgaree with your “OOC player… good…” narrative and will absolutely continue to do so as they are 100% irrelevant and not needed on RP servers

You have absolutely 0x points that will change my mind and I will continue to vehemently press the fact that OOC players are nothing but a plight upon RP servers

7 Likes

No, I think it’s the same as what happened to Sporeggar and Defias Brotherhood (servers I used to play on, I always preferred RP-PvP), the RP communities on those servers were always small and Argent Dawn always had a bigger community. People just left and all that remained was the OOCers.

I don’t think it was as healthy as you think.

It didn’t happen spontaneously. A few big names left one by one over a short period of time and it had a domino effect.

did you read the parts where we experienced the oocers griefing us and other people

3 Likes

Not buying & not purchasing this narrative and firmly disagree

2 Likes

This has literally always happened. People do not quit role-playing over things that menial in a game where you have the easy option of slapping someone on ignore.

funny that defias brotherhood was also nuked by oocers

source: all of my community members who came from defias

3 Likes

okay so i can tell instantly you’re an oocer

you can’t /ignore a guy standing on u with his mammoth and think it’ll make him phase out

Vanguard of Vigilance, Dagger & Totem, The Apothecarium/or whatever it was called by the end of its reign, uhh, Barony of Silverhaven, Scarlet Sigil, Horizon, Argent Reach, etc, etc.

Soon as all of those guild leaders began migrating to AD, people were migrating in hordes.

I member.

I don’t think it was, honestly. I came to Argent Dawn in late WotLK and by then the RP community on Defias had already mostly dried up. Staples like the Shining Strand were long gone by then, a lot of those people had either quit the game or left for Argent Dawn by then.

Was ultimately a stillborn realm to begin with. I mean, who in their right minds combines roleplayers and 1337 PvP kiddos?

That was just bound to become a trainwreck.

2 Likes

ok boomer …

1 Like

Similar problems with Sha’tar in my experience though the population just fell in general too.

2 Likes

okay oocel

3 Likes

^rps as a vulpera, lmao

1 Like

ill laugh when it’s funny

3 Likes

I still & will continue to find it very bizarre that the vast majority of people who seem to speak up about this matter & have in the past continue to press the issue of OOC players and even provide plentiful examples of them being bothered by these people but the small minority will still speak up and say “Hmm - this in fact did not happen because I say so”

Miss it bro, I was a Gallant

3 Likes

Because it’s kind of anecdotal. We can look up posts of large guilds that made the switch, and the story is always the same. The pastures are greener here, rarely ever do they state OOCers as an issue.

When there are less RPers left, and OOCers become more and more of a majority, and RPers themselves an oddity, people will begin to feel more emboldened to grief.