Non-RPers don't help servers, they destroy servers

Correct. You replied to a topic asking people from dead realms to tell their stories, with a request for evidence. And then can’t even read Elyrius’ replies without managing to misunderstand them.

So OOCers should :point_right: :airplane: then.

2 Likes

i was griefed off my server

no you weren’t

but i know what happened to me

but you weren’t

i rped the–

but you weren’t because [other explanation that only exists to make me look right]

8 Likes

So, you admit that OOCers play a part in killing servers?

3 Likes

Good ol’ days.

I can see where people are coming from in regards to people who are primarily out of character but ultimately I have ever only had one bad experience of being severely griefed on The Sha’tar by mammoths.

It wasn’t enough by any stretch to get me to migrate. Maybe I just have thicker skin or maybe it just didn’t bother me. I’ve always been able to put my IC goggles on and go for full time immersion. If someone is bothering me, I work around it.

What I will say is that the realm lost a lot of community pillars, the population was shrinking for both role-players and general players, people from my perspective seemed to be losing interest during the latter half of Cataclysm - apart from Girem who seemed to prefer anything’s latter half - ahem.

Uh. Moving on.

Ultimately, I think there are more prominent factors in play than ‘we were all griefed’. The greater WoW community griefs role-players as being the alpha nerds on a routine basis but we don’t all leave the game and retreat to forum role-play as a result.

I think a more serious concern with AD is how the Goldshire RP community is beginning to significantly outsize the realm’s actual role-playing community.

That being said, I seem to remember specific guilds actually migrating to AD in their entirety. Some that come to mind include Lightsworn and oh my god, there was this awesome Forsaken guild but I keep forgetting what they were called.

True

In my experience - which is wholly valid - not true

I distinctly recall a vast majority of the people I knew - though I will readily admit not every single one of them did - making the complaint that OOC players who had 0% care for their RP very often interjected themselves into their RP and actively worked to in fact grief it, and that was the reason a lot of them felt inclined to follow the herd to the “greener pastures”

When my personal experience with a dying server showed this trend quite frequently I am fully inclined to put stock it in & believe it. I won’t try to explicitly claim that this was the SOLE reason for the community’s downfall, but was it a large factor?

Yes, it was, and there is 0% chance of me conceding this point

3 Likes

There’s one thing worse than OOCers on this server and that’s OOC defenders, your opinion isn’t valid, stop this centrist attitude of “oh well but they’re not all bad” so what? I don’t care about the few good people if the rest of them are all fun ruining idiots.

Support getting them out of the server or stop typing, thank you.

8 Likes

tfw you call an rpers experience false because u have statistics you made up in ur head and they sounded kinda okay at making u seem maybe right

5 Likes

Oh and #RPERSRISEUP :fist:

5 Likes

AD is moving towards becoming a low pop realm in regards to the size of the RP community.

We may need a plan or two to mitigate that.

1 Like

A vulpera named Scrappy is quite possibly the single most entertaining thing about this thread.

Honestly. I’ve seen this thread before, ironically on The Sha’tar forums not long after it died and I hold to the same opinion.

If an out of character presence attempts to interact with my character, it is a meaningless gesture because I am role-playing and they are not. If they bombard me with mammoths, I will report them and move on. It’s my time and I’m not one to waste it whining about griefers.

2 Likes

man vashava sorry for derailing ur thread i just can’t help myself i just go crazy when i see oocels

2 Likes

okay lvl 10 gnome named minions

you wan go huh

behind the bike sheds 3:30

anyway yeah sha’tar was ruined by oocers and no oocel can tell me any different

2 Likes

I think this is 1000% easier to do when it’s on a one-on-one basis, or even a small handful of them

The matter becomes a little more difficult than you explain here when a large herd of OOC players stroll along to deliberately try and wipe your groups in the middle of a RP-PvP event, large or small scale, and people aren’t always able to effectively anti-grief

In fact, this has - again, in my experience - seemingly become more prominent of an issue as of late

3 Likes

Death by a thousand cuts rather than death by a massive blow.

That is how I’d describe the situation.

4 Likes

luckily pcu has BEAST :triumph: pvpers who can own griefer crazy easily

1 Like

I used to be from Defias Brotherhood, it was great, RPPvP allowed campaigns to always be unrestricted it was great. until OOCers started flooding it and started griefing everything, soon RPers started leaving because OOCers just kept pouring in. and people over the last few days have been claiming that OOCers are healthy?

Get out, just get out, I don’t want to see you anymore, your continued existance within this forum space offends my senses, go, shoo. skeddadle into the sunset.

9 Likes

For the time being, yes - the increasing frequency of it happening however is a legitimate concern in my eyes & makes me worry that it will become increasingly difficult to actually fend these kinds of players off that find their quick thirty second kick out of wiping - or trying to wipe - a group of roleplayers

3 Likes