Normal dungeon quests in heroic dungeons

Very specific question: Can you finish a quest that is normally completed in a normal version of a TBC dungeon in the heroic version? Asking for a friend.
In a more general sense, do you plan to do quests on launch day or just grind dungeons? I am toying with the idea of completely ignoring ALL quests in Outland until level 70 and then using them as a supplementary source of income each day after finishing my dailies. Is this insane? And before you say “it’s not a classic experience”, I did all of the Outland quests at least 4 times in my time between TBC and Cata, so I don’t really need to “relive” them.
What’s your levelling strat?

If it’s marked as Dungeon you can do it in both modes. But if it says Heroic you can’t do it on Normal

And yes I do plan to level at least my main through dungeons. It might not be an authentic experience, but neither is camping a fel orc spawn point with an entire party, like during the AQ scepter q with those elite bugs inside the hives

I’m levelling via dungeons for 2 reasons. Reason 1: Efficiency. It’s better to get 5,999 rep with friendly before doing quests because that’s the most you can grind in dungeons. Once you reach 70, you wont be getting rep from the entry level dungeons any more.

Reason 2: I actually like running dungeons, they’re fun.

That is my hope, yet one of my guildies told me he distinctly remembers the items for “dungeon” quests not dropping in heroic dungeons (specifilly the “pieces” of bosses in Ramparts amd fel blood vials in Blood Furnace), so now I am not so sure. Might have been some funserver bug.

I guess we’re not getting an “authentic” experience either way, so might as well.

I have even heard number 11999/12000 being thrown around. I guess we shall find out.

This is also big. 30 minute runs with engaging and challenging trash will be a breath of fresh air compared to slogs like brd and lbrs. Then again, in full Naxx bis it might not be all that challenging :wink:

Nope, if that were the case how could people reach “revered” by doing dungeons ?
The cap on friendly is from the overworld mob.

That means I don’t have to quest at all.

In the words of J Jonah Jameson: Thanks for the good news.

I will spam dungeons all day long if I can because I love doing dungeons xD. I mixed things during original TBC, I mean, questing while I was looking for a group for a dungeon, but this time I have some friends at my level so hopefully I will be able to do dungeons much more often. I expect the first ones to be quite easy because we are going in way overgeared this time around, but I hope heroic ones will be much more interesting even with T3.

As someone has said before, I will start questing at level 70 for some extra gold and rep, except for the Karazhan attunement quest chain. I will start that as soon as I hit 68.

There are no Specific heroic or normal only quests in TBC, so you can do all dungeon quests in either normal or heroic mode

Except those where you need a specific boss that only exist in Heroic mode (like the druid flight form)

Attunement quests for t5 is indeed heroic only.

1 Like

I’m afraid you’re wrong. There is a number of quests that are heroic only (like the guy above me said, all the T5 attunement).

All dungeon areas, have 2-3 low lvl dungeons, and 1 high level dungeon. Aka ramparts and blood furnace as low levels, shattered halls high level. Low level ones only give to 5999, and the high level to revered.

But that might depend on the patch we get, think it was changed sometime for all dungeons to give rep to revered

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.