Not a fan of the SUPPOSED timeskip

What if time works differently in SL? As in time moves faster on Azeroth than it does in SL. So after we spend an entire expac in SL, several years to eons may have passed on Azeroth.
Nobody comes back aged, we will just see a new Azeroth.
I’m all in favour of that.
It would also be awesome if there could be a decent ending to the Forsaken story because that will be miles better than getting some redemption arc. Nobody ever started playing Forsaken to be good.

Eta: it might be a good idea to actually read the thread before responding…

There really is nothing wrong with a time-skip in this way. I don’t agree it would ensure better world-building, but I do believe it can help the current writing team out of having to retcon a lot of things.
With a time-skip they can invent a new history for ‘current’ Azeroth.
I don’t believe it will skip consequences. If anything, it can get us there faster. Not all decisions have consequences the very next day. Or week, month, even year.
We have seen different factions struggle for a very long time. How about we now go to seeing (some of those) factions flourish. Discover how they got to flourish. Maybe some of those factions are flourishing because of less-than-clean reasons and it comes to light many years after some decision was made.
How about a faction brings forth a hero but in today’s Azeroth this hero doesn’t yet exist and we don’t want to play this game for another 20 years to see this hero come of age?
There are plenty of ways to go with a timeskip, that won’t actually ignore important parts of the story.
We will just have to have faith in the writers and after BfA we all know how hard that is!

2 Likes

I don’t really buy into the idea that a time-skip is gonna happen. As I see it, the purpose of a time-skip would be to give the dev team a justification to do a large scale revamp of the Old World that goes beyond what Cataclysm did. I do not believe that Blizzard will put that effort into another revamp.

I think too many are assuming that a time-skip is definitely going to happen.

this is one thing they are fixing in shadowlands, new players starting on an island, then going to BFA era, old players can choose where to level if they so feel like it, this should in some way remove the confusion for new players and make things make more sence.

Judging by SL starting quest life goes faster in shadow lands rather then azeroth aka days on Azeroth are weeks in sl.

I personally hope the timeskip does happen… only so that Azeroth (and other worlds) can be reinvigorated. It does suck that the prime characters that got constant screentime and spotlight are conveniently in the Maw to escape the leap in time… but it could be interesting to see the old guard and the new leaderships conflicting with each other. I hope it is given as an excuse to make racial leaders that aren’t Human, Night Elf or Draenei more important.

:sun_with_face:

1 Like

In the Maw, it seems so, though I doubt the timeskip will be like 50 years or so. I think at the HIGHEST it’ll be like 10 years or so.

A time skip could be good for the story. They could also update the Azeroth, or some places. It could move the story for sure.

For me as a role player it opens some problems though. How much time would pas? Would my character even survive?
What did my character to in those years? I could not play anything. What changed in the world?
Those things could ruin my character and I have no idea what I could do to continue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.