Not all roleplay is for all roleplayers

I think it was only us as Vulpera there.
I am not 100% sure.

This was being thrown against halfway during the event.
And we did leave because the host asked us so, not because the two militia started to throw a stink mid event. Our group made it very clear from the beginning we’d respect the host’s wishes. And those were initially “yes you can attend”.

That’s objectively not what happened, see previous explanation.

Yeah regardless of what ultimately went down, it’s pretty clear already that there is or was some confusion and either lack of & or miscommunication.

Which is fine, these things happen.
Having run my own events, I fully understand the chaos all this involves.

1 Like

What we can hope for is that future events will not have that issue :slight_smile:

To touch on this briefly. While as I said, I think the host holds the say in asking people to leave if an issue occurs, if its just them changing their mind, that is a little less okay, especially if it’s not made clear before the event even starts.

In that situation, it is up to the organizer/host to reach out to the party beforehand and let them know things have changed, not in the middle of the event when they are already there.

And when I say beforehand, I also mean as soon as possible so people don’t have plans. So not like 10 minutes before.

1 Like

I agree, it would be “less okay”, but okay nonetheless.
They’re the hosts and have the final say over what happens and what goes on.
I’d be upset, but I would still respect the decision as I rather leave on good terms with the possibility of attending another event than be obnoxious and get banned from any event.

4 Likes

Ultimately it’s just about finding a place of common courtesy and respect between eachother even if its an upsetting situation.

2 Likes

Just attack any Horde character in Gilneas :hocho:

12 Likes

Hi, I’m the “manager” - an IC officer of Blackwater Company (Syndicate is an OOC name only which was how I realised that yall had found the event on AA).
Yall were already there when I logged on. Not many people had showed up at that point. There were two of you in the corner. My character is staunchly neutral and so reacted as she would, allowing them to stay.
It then became clear IC that there would be an issue as other characters were acting very hostile towards your characters. However, it took about an hour and a half of discussion for your guild to agree to leave the tavern. Brandi said IC that the “militia” were the taverns’ sponsors and so she would default to their ruling on the matter. She was standing next to them as they spoke and asked you to leave. She did not interrupt or disagree, and even discussed with the bouncer to have the guild thrown out of they refused to leave.
Your characters did not recognise the requests of the militia, only the initial permission from Brandi as we were the guild hosting the event, ignoring that Brandi was agreeing with the militia once you were asked to leave. however, it was not a guild event and was organised with the militia mentioned before. I am sorry if this was unclear IC or OOC.

Overall, the experience was incredibly stressful IC and OOC. You put me on the spot by not seeking OOC permission to show up to an Alliance event first, from the actual organiser (my GM, Yazmin). You were already in the tavern when the first officer logged on. My GM was not online due to OOC circumstances and this was my first time as an officer dealing with something like this so I apologise that it did not go as smoothly as possible.

In short, if the local guard/militia is asking you to leave, even if they did not organise the event according to AA, and the organising guild is not interrupting or disagreeing despite standing next to them the entire time being involved in the conversation, you should probably listen. I am sorry that was not clear IC or OOC.

19 Likes

Following what the tags say seems like the best policy. It’s only a few letters!

3 Likes

I personally don’t really see why people who wish to attend Alliance events don’t just come on Alliance characters. Not for some arbitrary “you can’t sit with us”-reason, but because simply showing up on Horde (no matter how neutral you are IC) might stir things among other RPers and make the event more difficult to control for the host.

22 Likes

The title of this thread is giving me some heavy de-ja-vu…

The (Argent) Dawn of Plagiarized Titles (a video essay by JBuilderGirl)

One letter of Condemnation rears it’s head…

Considering that a large amount of the Duskwood community has migrated to Gilneas, this barely seems surprising.

2 Likes

Hey Brandie,

Thank you for the explanation.

This was indeed not clear to us whatsoever. A simple OOC message would have prevented this entire mess, as we would have just packed up and left at that point.
Apologies for the stress caused by this, as that was never our intent.

I mean, I would suspect its common courtesy, in the same vein I do not join up with Emerald Assembly events on my Druid because he is staunchly anti-Horde in so far it would disrupt the intended plans the DM might have with his event.

My druid does not fit the narrative the organisers of said events wants to portray, so I have no reason to go to their [N-RP] events on my Druid. Same should go for [A-RP] & [H-RP] events.

Just my two cents anyways🙂

10 Likes

Used to be common, I still think it is with a few people being the exceptions.
Or, so I hope.

1 Like

I don’t know what event Obahar is referring to, personally I have no stakes in it (even if I know he used to have a bit of a personal beef with the guild he’s flaming at right now, his concern looks legitimate - I will hence address the question more at large) I think the principle he argues for is correct: people should first and foremost respect the event creator’s vision and approach, and try not to disrupt that.

However.
Currently in the lore, the idea is that the Alliance and Horde tolerate each other more than ever before.

They are doing joint efforts that have never done before, such as traveling and exploring together, allowing each other on capital cities, this kind of acceptance looks unprecedented.

Correct me if I am wrong but in Gilneas Horde players are allowed in-game, and the Forsaken even helped its liberation.

It seems, to me, that not always, but on occasion this “you have no reason to be here” is just an excuse to reinforce a personal vision of the world, rather than what we have established as of now.

Edit.
This is referred not to OP’s point, which I mostly agree with, but an attitude of people trying to “block” others from role-playing concepts like a forsaken in Gilneas because of an anachronistic vision of what the factions are.

2 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong but in Gilneas Horde players are allowed in-game, and the Forsaken even helped its liberation.

They helped, gave an olive brance but were awfully quick to leave once their business was concluded. They did not linger, nor stay around for a cuppa because they are aware of the fragile peace between the two factions.

It was the right thing to do.

And anything else, after all that history would be extremely weird.
Trust and peace is build up over time and not done over the night.
Thats just how relationships works.

Perhaps in the future and after some more work is done, but it is not this day.

1 Like

But as a Horde player, you are allowed to be in Gilneas aren’t you? You should have the same buff you have in Bel’Ameth no?