Not all Roleplay is valid

I get that, but at the same time, theyd be normal like you said, not name dropping how draconic n super awesome/powerful they are at every chance, similar to the child of a celebrity.

Yeah, basically pop in, make a coolish convo occur between guild leaders of a campaign, agree to a certain thing, go n fly over n do abit of fire or w/e, have a fight with a DM’d boss, n bounce, no need to stick about 24/7 reminding everyone how epic you are, just turn up when your meant to, do the draconic stuff expected n bounce, Id keep one as an alt if I ever did rp one.

FYI. I’m a dragon IC Sig. Don’t @ me with hate bbz.
You can’t hurt me cause my scales. I’m going to teleport away because you’re rude to me IC!

A lot of people don’t RP shock or awe or fear around anything though. Most things just turn into either perpetual slapstick or deadpan.

5 Likes

Dragons, in the meantime, are conveniently forgetting that they’re a magically gifted elder race which in Azeroth’s far past communed directly with the Titans and their keepers as near equals.

They might be flawed like our haplessly mortal characters but they’re the Lamborghini to our Ford Focus, so to speak; both are cars, one is better in nearly every way.

I feel a smidge of this should extend to Dracthyr, but I fear they’ll end up the same as Kaldorei, Draenei, Quel’dorei and other similar races. Mediocre roleplayers & the creatively bankrupt will destroy any sense of wonder or mysticism about this cool ancient fantasy race

Lol, sticks n stones could never hurt a super chadosaurus rex aka dragon, words are like wind to them.

They get murdered and corrupted on the reg. Just like the rest.

1 Like

Only by lore figures(I think), lore figures being basically demi gods, not to unlike dragons.

Dragons are powerful - but so are death knights, demon hunters, archmages and so on.

In the end, being a dragon should not be about having a trump card: a humanoid can beat up a dragon. Odds are against your humanoid adventurer, usually, but they can still score a victory.

1 Like

Heard dragons have the power to fire up a barby at 7 am

True, but dragons are on a tier of their own.

Realistically you would need MULTIPLE people to bring down an adult dragon in their prime.

(And no, The Player Character does not count since they can just kill gods and cosmic bending/ending entities at the drop of a hat like it was a normal Sunday afternoon for them)

2 Likes

Speaking of roleplay that isn’t valid:

People who run around in Orgrimmar and Stormwind with outlandish concepts does not make one special or unique.
It often makes you pretentious.

One example is the ‘arctic vulpera’ that used to and often still do appear, where people have ranted, huffed and sneered at people because they don’t accept their headcanon of a bunch of vulpera who live in the snow.
The issue is simple: There is no lore to support the idea of vulpera living in the arctic mountains. At all.
The only reasons these were being brought up was mainly because the player wants to RP a cutesy OwO white fox who lives in the snow.

There is a ‘need’ to feel special but that comes from hard work put in by roleplay. Many just want to skip that step and RP as important or special straight away. It is why you often see archdruids or master mages or 7th Legion commanders by the dozens at time.
People have a ‘need’ to be special. But often don’t want to or can’t put in the time and effort to earn it.

6 Likes

Looks at Arygos, wyrm and son of Malygos, one-shotted with a non-enchanted sword used by a regular human. Looks at Tyri and Kalec having to struggle vs. a single elf. Looks at Harkyn Grimstone shooting at Kalec.

this reminded me of the time i argued with someone who said and i qoute “black haired elves dont exist in lore” and they wanted me to change my hair color.

to be fair, i was a High elf roleplayer at the time and lets be honest 90% of High elf NPC’s are blondes or white haired, with snow white pale skin. a few brown hair here and there.

while Blood elf NPC’s are more diverse, majority of them still have blonde hair. about 60% but this is just a guess.

But black haired elves do exist, one of them is Aimee the cake seller in Darkmoon fair.

a more famous one is Rommath.

but anyway… i suspect the person in question is just racist, ignorant, or something else

1 Like

Doesn’t Rommath have black hair?

he does. i mentioned it.

He has a bit of a paler black hair as that was burning crusade graphics. its still black.

God do not remind me of those.
Arctic Vulpera
Mountain Vulpera
Forest Vulpera
Jungle Vulpera

As a Vulpera main and RPer this gives me such great pain

I’ve seen people use the excuse of ‘Oh Vulpera have already been outside Vol’dun, they’re in Freehold, so why can’t they have just left long ago and lived somewhere else?’

3 Likes

I’m gonna RP a Prison Vulpera

4 Likes

Better break out of prison.

Laughs in Bilge Rat Vulpera

Holy carp :tropical_fish:! That’s it! It’s literally Second Life bullcorn! That sentence explains most of Stormwind RP!

also

thanks for this

2 Likes

You’ve stumbled upon someone who believes in Aragorn’s Pants – someone who believes that if something is not explicitly shown or mentioned, it therefore cannot exist.

It comes from the Tolkien fandom, where in all the books, Aragorn is never explicitly described as wearing pants and thus some purists have argued that this means that Aragorn does not wear pants for the entirety of the story. They reject the notion that sometimes things can reasonably be expected to exist even if not mentioned or seen.

To put that into a functional WoW perspective: Both Blood- and High Elves are biologically the same race so it stands to reason that they both share the same hair- and skin colours. The fact there’s no black haired High Elf NPC is more a stylistic choice, not a lore based one.

TL;DR: Not seeing or hearing about something isn’t definitive proof it doesn’t exist at all.

4 Likes