Not enough memory message and crashing since 11.0 patch

I’m on Windows, and I nearly panic’d thinking my hardware was at fault just before TWW release, thank goodness for this thread.

This was my first time ever seeing this issue, and then it happened a second time to me, and my friend, also on windows had it happen to them while being idle - i’m not very good at tech stuff, so I have no idea what could be wrong, I did do a scan and repair that found a 73mb update to be done

1 Like

this error happens several times a day and my killer pc with 16 gb ram should be plenty enough

I use windows. And there’s a thread in USA forums where lots of more people have this same issue.

2 Likes

I have a Windows OS and WoW keeps crashing after the 11 patch. Stop blaming people for your poor optimization and updates. I have a “killer” PC that can run 10 WoW clients. 14700k, 64 GB RAM, and 4080 (And still have 40 FPS in Valdraken LOL)

1 Like

Relax. The CS agent isn’t the technician.

2 Likes

Hi! thanks for the link, but that its a 2 years old blue post and its the same i get in the pop up when my game crashes and i’ m afraid that is not helping. I hope you guys will fix the issue before the big launch

1 Like

Same issue. Running 64-bit Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2, 2 TB NVMe, 32.0 GB RAM.

Same here. Blizzard pls fix it

Unfortunately, 1 & 2 were tried before replying to this thread
3 will be tested with stock value, but i can’t guarantee if that will be the solution [1]
4 is irrelevant as 64bit client is used

[1] https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/memory-usage/1918969/123
A user on the US forums claimed a reinstall fixed his crashes, so before leaving the house i deinstalled and left Bnet open to downbload the client freshly. Will report back if the client with stock settings (fresh WTF, no addons) will crash or not.

1 Like

I did a clean wow install yesterday before expansion comes out and today my game crashes every 10-20 minutes due to “not enough memory”

Happening to me as well on 64bit Windows 10 with 32GB of RAM.
I currently can’t play at all - the game crashes either before the character selections screen or soon after I select a character and click ‘log in’.

Same here. This is the first time for me, never had this issues. Specs:
Windows 11,
5800X3D,
32GB RAM,
2 TB NvMe,
4070Ti Super

Same thing.
Happened once when trying to put on a shirt.
Happened second time when trying to mount.

Specs:
Windows 10
M.2 PCIe NVMe NM620
32GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4
Intel i5 12600K
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

Reinstalling WoW and starting with a fresh WTF folder and no addons is not a solution.

I did exactly that, but the game still crashed after about 40 minutes of playing. I was just standing in Valdrakken at the time.

Again, this isn’t a slow memory leak where the game gradually consumes more RAM over time. Instead, the game suddenly uses up all available RAM in a matter of seconds and then crashes.

RAM: 32GB (DDR5)
CPU: Ryzen 9 7900X
GPU: Radeon RX 6950 XT
OS: Windows 11 Pro /w latest updates & EndeavourOS (6.10.4-zen2-1-zen (64-bit))

1 Like

At the time of writing this post here, my Game did not have the mem leak crash anymore.

I was mostly idle for a bit over an hour (had to maw the lawn before rainfall), then decided to run a dungeon. Getting frustrated without my beloved sleek UI (+enhancements) faster than i thought, i restored the Interface and (an older WTF backup, i forgot to backup that exact one i was having before) and restarted the game.

Ran a few dungeons/scenarios in MoP remix and am in queue right now.

Noteworthy stuff:

• i did not reboot my system since the last crtash, deinstall/reinstall
  • i completely wiped my WoW folder path (there were three remnants of the old install before i hit install again and chose the same path)
  • i did not manually per console command extend the maxviewdistance again, although it seems to be as far as it was before regardless.

@Cinderthal did you perhaps clean your forlder aswell?

I am knocking on wood, and guess it’ll be only a matter of time until the next crash, but so far it seems stable.

Had a few “Not Enough memory” crashes after the patch. Reinstalled game, did all what CS posted and didnt help at all.

My Specs:
Ryzen 9 - 7950x
64gb RAM
RTX4080
Windows 11 Pro 23H2

this has been Happening to me, On argent dawn doing Simple RP in stormwind… kills the mood and not heard anything from Blizzard…

This is happening since last Wednesday patch. Wow can out of the blue allocate few gigabytes of RAM. It allocates only in Virtual Address Space, but does not commit physical memory. It is either a bug or some attempt to defragment virtual address space.

Sometimes it freezes the game, sometime the game will survive it.
Lol it just happened when I was typing this post.

I have made scrrennshots with RAM usage:

This was yesterday when game frozen and Windows had to close it:
https://i.ibb.co/M5CV2hS/Wo-W-11-0-2-56110-mem-usage-freeze.png

This was today when I was typing this post (game survived :) - but Windows gave me warning on memory):

Memory usage:
https://i.ibb.co/q034nyj/Wo-W-11-0-2-56110-mem-usage.png

CPU usage:
https://i.ibb.co/gwkMZJZ/Wo-W-11-0-2-56110-CPU-usage.png
1 Like

It seems that the problem occurs regardless of whether you have addon installed or not. It doesn’t even matter what operating system you have. I use Windows 7 and I have the same memory problem as all of you. The virtual memory goes from 15GB to 50GB. I have observed that this peak of excessive consumption of virtual memory lasts exactly 30 seconds, although in some occasion it has lasted 15 seconds or 60 seconds.

I am not using linux and still having this issue