Not sure how to start getting back into RP in Argent Dawn

I really like RP-ing, it’s something I really wish I was doing in my spare time, had I not mained a Blood Elf Monk on Draenor where the only activities are PVP, PVE and Collections. Thing is, the usual has started to become very boring for me. Even pet collecting has lost its charm, now.

To be honest I’d like to roleplay my main Blood Elf Monk and several other characters on AD (3 human females, which I call the Blackmoore sisters - a mage (the scholar), a hunter (the naive trainee) and a rogue (eldest, a rebel, loves thrills) - and an pretentious, rude Void Elf priestess with the ironic name of Iradria. But I dunno where to even start with them.

I’d appreciate some suggestions on what guilds I could join bring my ideas to life.

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to Argent Dawn.

You can check here to see if any guilds suit what you are looking for or if you need help with a concept you might like to roleplay, I’m more than happy to help out to if you want to contact me ingame.
The [PCU] :smiling_imp: now recruiting! [250] - Argent Dawn - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

If not, a gaze around the forums various guilds is an alternative.

Also this… The Blackmoore name in the lore, doesn’t have the best reputation behind it, not sure the surname is something you want to use.

1 Like

Are there any particular themes or types of RP you’re interested in? Ie military rp, some more scholarly stuff, adventurers, etc - that’ll help people with helping you find something that might suit what you’re looking for!

Well yes I know that Blackmoore is a lore name. But there can’t possibly be just 1 family called Blackmoore. I’m not trying to make my characters any sort of relative with that Blackmoore however the shared name may become an obstacle in what these sisters are trying to do in their lives, because of the bad rep. I could work around that.

4 Likes

I know, I meant more of an IC scenario, you know, IC folk may think you are related and all that.

I think I can work with that. Ya, Im sure I wanna stick with it.

The easiest way to get started is to find a guild that suits your character. There are plenty of guilds that advertise on the forums with a lot of different concepts (military, adventure, trading, evil etc.). You can check this list for example, or just browse the forums The [PCU] 😈 now recruiting! [250]

Well, first of all I need to start out creating these characters and leveling them up. Im not sure how much Rp can one do in transmogged heirlooms. That said I’d like to try different sorts of RP. Schollarly persuit on my mage, adventures on my hunter and misdeeds on my rogue. Some mockery based RP for my alpha-b***h of a void elf priestess and probably dip my toes into whatever RP is suited for a blood elf monk (maybe schollarly, in the same veun as the lore walkers).

Go for it then, and well… My offer still stands.

If by this you mean ooc gear, no one cares since you can mog it and after lvl 10 most mogs become available.

1 Like

Thank you for the help, I’ll make sure to contact you. That said I am a bit confused as to what I should do atm. Tranfer my Blood Elf Monk and my human mage over from Draenor to have atleast one character in Argent Dawn at max lvl or should I restart these characters. I dont want to leave my guild and the people i know from there, but im missing out on the roleplay community so much im really torn. Oh and i only have 880k gold which isn’t enough for 2 transfers AND another month sub :confused:

You can always keep your characters on your old realm and simply make new ones/recreate your characters here - your mogs, mounts etc all stay unlocked here

For scholarly stuff for Blood Elves the Reliquary immediately comes to mind to me - haven’t interacted with them much but they seem a good bunch, might be worth having a look!

3 Likes

Restart, see if you like rp, and if you do, then you can transfer, transfers cost money after all and if you end up not liking it, it would Just be a waste tbh.

2 Likes

Oooooh thank you that sound so interesting :open_mouth:

Reliquary Guld Master here, feel free to ask me anything you’d wish to know, Sunburst ^^ And thanks Adelaís for linking us here ^^

3 Likes

Anything that’s not unrestricted RP-PvP (the sort where you use PvP combat to resolve IC battles) pretty much. With how niche unrestricted PvP is, you’ll be fine without leveling and gearing your characters up when you first get into RP. I’ve been RPing for like three years on AD now and have never felt restricted by lack of gear.

Whisper Psst, Melorian Circle here, if you want your mage in academic or nefarious affairs, blow the whistle twice at dawn. Or just hit me up!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.