Now they are not only forcing you into certain builds with legendarys but also with the hero talents?

I really do not want to sound mean, but if you don’t know the difference between a tier set and a legendary I don’t think you should be concerned with hero talents forcing you into a build.

key words: ‘‘right now’’
Its alpha and not even all classes have hero talents yet.

We need to wait till late beta to ‘‘determine’’ if anything is broken or not working, until then there is nothing to discuss about hero talents other than:
What we currently have doesnt match the class philosophy / x talent would be better at y spot in the tree and x spec becomes really clunky because of hero talents.

you truly cant talk about balance / proper hero talents etc at this early stage.

Ineed, but we can make blizzard aware that we think the current situation with them is a problem that should be addressed. I know Shadow rework has become somewhat of a running joke at this point but it does concern me that voidweaver requires you to use a talent that’s buried in the bottom right of the tree to even activate.

But they di say that such talents will be more centralized making them hard to miss. I don’t have alpha, so idk if the talents have been moved yet (I assume not). And given the fact that they have already addressed this via the “will make key talents more central” statement they made, really gives me the impression that they already know that’s an issue.

I mean complain all you want when the rework hits beta and things aren’t changed, hell I will be very salty if Cataclysm and Inferno remain a choice note and will be right there with you, but atm I can understand the concept of “work in progress”.

Warrior has, priest and paladin hasn’t. Voidweaver specifically does it to two different talents.

It’s a work in progress, definitely, and I respect that, but making them aware of it / requesting clarity surrounding the decisions that have been made is reasonable.

1 Like

I agree with OP - I expressed this sentiment before - they even force us into talents with tier sets.
Remember when tier sets were like +10% dmg to filler spell or something?
Now you get proc when you use a [TALENT SPELL] that affects [ANOTHER TALENT SPELL] and if you don’t pick these you lose at life.

Making them aware, requesting clarity is nice and all. But providing proper feedback is way more useful.

Your post that lead to the comment about how the voidweaver talent works or is possible to spec into was: some specs arent even working

That is no feedback how they can change it. If you have ideas how it can work or why it isnt working, describe that and post that in the proper forums (alpha / beta feedback etc)

They wont go over the general forums for feedback on certain things.
Neither will clarity help why it currently is in x spot when it is in the middle of development. Especially the hero talents seem to be designed first before being “linked” properly into a talent tree

I do understand your concern, but to have it adressed properly requires a different approach altogether

I have alpha access and am working on something more detailed, here is more a case of making other players aware of problems or getting people thinking about them.

Kind of like how both hero talents currently force survival into cooridinated assault talent. And the funny thing about it is that one of the hero trees, the pack leader is built around kill command…and survival even has a choice to pick a dps cooldown called spearhead which is also built around your pet and using kill command. And still they put the damned coordinated assault in there.

Like just put the freaking spearhead in the hero talents that use kill command.

Thats a good case aswell ofcourse :slight_smile:
wasnt meant as anything negative in my earlier post, just an overall explanation how to be heard.

Your post connected with that!
There are just too many posts that are like: omg x doesnt work, please fix.
which wont help fixing it.

No one is forcing you into anything. Consent is everything .

Since light first shone on the shores of Azeroth, there’s always been inspections of gear and talents and if one talent doesn’t match what the RL thinks is the right selection…
“you have been removed from the group”

I’m just not a fan of having Warrior Bladestorming 24 / 7 atm in the game and looking now from the Alpha streams i’m going to be disappointed to Warrior and even Resto Shaman design.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.