NPC voice can't be heard depending on where

I can barely hear most NPCs dialogue due to positioning, the volume varies based on where my camera is. I cannot find a setting to fix this so I can hear what’s being said regardless of where my character/camera is in relation to the NPC.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe distance filtering in sound options? or see if you have the sound driver in 5.1 or stereo,stereo seems to be better overall for sounds than 5.1.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve tried to disable the filtering thinking that sounded like it would change it but it made no difference. I am only using 2.1 speakers so dont see any settings to change my driver

are you using realtek hd audio manager? if not try install it so you can check if you are on stereo or not,or right click the speaker in windows lower right corner and go to open sound settings then sound control panel,right click your speakers and configure speakers and check if you have stereo option and choose it,i had same thing once but i dont even remember how i fixed it,my problem was the npc sound was not working when i was in front of them but worked if i rotate them to my left or right,after i choose stereo it become good again…

1 Like

I am using windows 11 so think my options are slightly different in sound settings I only seem to be able to enable mono. In the specific speaker settings ive disabled enhanced audio and spatial sound but to no avail

eh im using windows 10 dont know about 11 :frowning: