Nvidia flickering is back!?

I have flowing animations/effects that sometimes start flickering. I noticed it a lot with the DK puddle on the floor and the Oribos to maw jump, the whole blue stuff would start flickering. Whenever this happens I check my settings, and somehow WoW reset my GPU to auto. When I set it back to my GPU it’s gone. Could be coincidence, but this is how it’s always fixed for me. Perhaps reloading nvidia would work as well, will try that next time: Win+Ctrl+Shift+B

I don’t know about you all but for me it helps, after starting up Windows, to do every time:

Right Click Desktop → Display Settings → Advanced Display Settings → Display Adapter Properties for → Monitor → Change Screen Refresh Rate from 59Hz to 60Hz, Apply.

Yeah I have to do this every time but for me it fixes the flicker which is shown in the YouTube video of the Thread Starter.

Someone else please try and report back ?

I think something changed with the update that was pushed to TBC Classic on 19.01.2022. The flicker is gone and on one of my characters which has the Fiery Weapon enchant the weapon no longer glows orange ?

I am still having this issue which looks exactly like thread owner’s video in most places like shatt, stormwind and black morass for example. Anyone has a fix/solution so far?

Anyone please?

Is it still happening, personally I have not had it for a long while. If you have a RTX card then turning Raytracing on low was one fix it used in the past (lower other settings if you need to return to the same fps).

It seems to be fixed for the majority of people. Maybe you could do a driver wipe and reinstall them + delete the WoW gfx cache folder.

Hope you get it sorted.

Happens for me aswell on retail and classic. Switching to dx11 legacy fixes it for me

I have a rog strix gtx 1080 and never had flickering in any game,maybe is rtx drivers or the badly implemented dx 12 in wow vs rtx cards?

This game really needs performance fixes and vulkan support not geckos.

I dont blame nvidia…i blame the game where people have the problem=wow.

Its like the last bug when opening the map in shadowlands made the game unplayable with stutters,and after support told be to almost reformat my computer to fix it ended up being their problem and not even the staff knew, after,was half baked fixed and never touch the spaghetti code again!

This game is in life support when i comes to performance on more than good systems.

Wanna see the problems the new flying system will bring to this outdated engine.

I bet its gonna be a stutter fest flying around on new dragon untill they manage to half fix it in 11.0

Also this game should be free to play since it has 0 standarts nowadays.

Happends for me as well. Geforce RTX 3070 Ti, 512.77 driver. Win 10 Pro.