Nvlddmkm crashes right after a loading screen (471.11)

Im getting random nvlddmkm crashes only right after the loading screen bar finishes in TBC Classic. (Loading screen > load finishes > game shows up but my whole PC is frozen > PC recovers but the game stays frozen until i restart it)

It started happening after i updated my gpu driver to 471.11. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

msg from Event viewer:
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\Video3
CMDre 00000003 000013e8 00000000 00000003 00000000

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
2 Likes

Try removing the driver with DDU and then installing fresh. If crashes persist run some other games or benchmarks to see if they crash too.

It was a fresh install. I can see lots of people having similar issues on the nvidia forums.

1 Like

Hey there Adlian,

Could you have a look into this article here? It may help out if you have any conflicting software.

Hi. Same problem here, in my case in Shadowlands. Two days ago in a raid the game crashed (I had installed the drivers version 471.11), it was minimized, then I had a black screen (something similar to when the monitor loses signal for a few moments), and finally it seems that it recovered, without throwing an error message, this process lasted About 10 seconds, I could hear the sound of the game and my raid leader speaking on Discord, as well as the entire band, I checked the Windows event viewer and got a warning note with event ID 4101. In the description It said “The screen of The Controller nvlddmkm stopped responding and recovered successfully.” Previously I had experienced crashes that I could only get out of by closing the game window from the desktop, I could hear the game sound, after a few seconds I recovered mouse mobility, he was able to continue using the computer normally and go to the desktop using the Alt + Tab keys. In forums in other regions, there were more people with this problem and everything pointed to a conflict with third-party programs running in the background, specifically this happened to people using Afterburner + RivaTuner. I stopped using them and for a whole day I had no freezing, it seemed to have solved (from this I already created another thread), until the time of the raid arrived at night and what I said at the beginning happened to me. Today there was a new version of drivers for download, version 471.41. Tried downloading and playing them, but after 2 hours I noticed a little freeze in Korthia. Upon exiting, I found this error in the event viewer:

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
CMDre 00000000 00000200 00000000 00000005 00000015

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Can you run a benchmark (3DMark, Unigine Superposition etc.) without a crash?

Did you disabled other overlays or apps like antivirus or some vendor “performance” and “optimization” apps?

You can also try removing Nvidia drivers with DDU and then installing them fresh.

After i made the OP i uninstalled the driver and went back to 461.72. No issues since then. Nvidia forums were full with people complaining about this issue, i guess its still not fixed with the latest 471.41 version.

1 Like

Try downgrading drivers nvidia drivers causing these kind of issues is nothing new

1 Like

downgraded drivers with the Nvidia DDU? or did he just uninstall them and reinstall them?