Obli "wet noodle"

Dear god! obliterate Is just time consuming to press, buff it: 300%

It’s like a noodle, compare to final verdict and compare
Thanks!

2 Likes

I guess you can do similar damage when you get a holy spender system too :wink: how about having to use all your runes per obliterate for example and your runes would not just auto refresh you’d have to build them up etc time

1 Like

imagine if frost strike worked like that, consumed 25 minimum RP, 50 maximum for icnreased damage. but nah, thats good ideas that colves much but oh my apologies, that intrudes on the fool in charge pushing BoS

3 Likes

Any increase RP cost on frost strike would massively increase downtime of Frost, don’t think that’s a good idea

and yet obliterate is spammable templar’s verdict is not

in theory yes, remember that the chance of proccing the godawful empowerment thing increases the more RP you spend, net effect should be the same. I always used unholys version in the talents before legion made it hardlocked to frost because i like smoothness.

Then again our entire kit needs a rework/rollback to old days and old runes in my opinion.

1 Like

i don’t see that happening with the current developer team honestly they wouldn’t know class fantasy if it bite them i would love to have lutia’s damage on my drk but i don’t see it happening without a major rework

i do find it funny how many people was hyped on frost two hander though only to see what i saw from day 1 that it just would not work like it did in the past :smiley:

2 Likes

2 handed frost actually had good feeling and numbers, then the october nerf’s happened right before prepatch, insane overnerfs that are still in place.

Mind you anyone that will argue for intra spec balance or balance in a whole argues in bad faith, even with those nerfs reverted our pvp perfomrance would be up like paladins in how our burst window was feared, for PvE we would of course be better, i migth even dare say top 3 if Dual wield obliteration was unchanged, i recall dual wield obliteration without october nerfs slapped PvE damage hard.

But…alas, it intruded on BoS territory, the rest is history

1 Like

The sad thing ppl say obli hit 10k but even that hapens once in a 3-5 games you need apure setup somtimes with skyfury or somth
Avarage hits in cds are 7k wich is funny
With my war i condeme 8k+ with no cds no crit and hes 210 ilvl
On my ret in cds i never hited less then 15k with cds on
So even in cds its not good enogth while other melees can outpoot that much more dmg alone

1 Like

This is in fact not true. You require much less GCDs to spend the RP you generate, essentially removing a large amount of GCDs in the rotation and increasing downtime. Hitting normal FS twice would be the same as hitting new FS once (with rune regen as well) so you just cut out loads of GCDs

indeed, how i see it im laughing as we try to fix our very boring and simplified kit that requires many gcds to do things in what other classes not only can do in inherently faster base GCD’s but their abilities also hit harder but they are designed with more care on the uptime and downtime on that damage, in a sense this steady damage and relentless assault fits DK’s. Unholy atleast but for frost it feels very tedious and quite unlike how the spec has been in history before every expac ruined it more and more, until Legions full rework somewhat fixed it after an entire expansion worth of additions and fixes… and then they threw all taht out again in BFA.

My bottom line is that our kit is so simple and yet so haphazardly designed that you can ruin it so easily by just trying to change something like the frost strtike cost for more dmg (that many of us that play frost, mostly us older veterans, before BoS was afflicted with us all) because its deliberately designed to be a GCD fest in that case, now if we where to for example change it so that if you had a -guaranteed rune when you used a 50 cost FS that would change quite some things maybe?, look bigger.

edit: this conversation and entire frustration by the dwindling DK players would not be happening if the downright -superdumb and stupd r word october nerfs where haphazardly applied on us a day before prepatch, i dont care how you justify it, it was done to spite us/or to stick it to those tha finally saw that they could slam people with strikes, dualwield or two hand again, and the dev that does classes is hellbent on BoS, his baby, being Frost Dk fantasy now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.