Obligatory Daily: Arms Mastery Sucks

Ive made a lot of posts venting my thoughts on the subjects, i just want to make it clear that the Arms mastery isnt Arms Mastery, its a rogue Mastery.

Change it pls.

17 Likes

You’re wrong about that. It’s no one’s Mastery and should be on no one in the game is it makes them objectively worse.

5 Likes

The most interesting thing that literally no one post in us sl class warrior forum section about arms mastery… contingency? Or censorship ?

1 Like

A Bleed mastery for a class like warrior with no self healing or ways to stealth or get out of combat is trash

And the bleed system is way too simple.
With Warlock or Rogues, you have a rotation of DoT to maintain.

Moreover, all our offensive cds doesn’t matter when 50% of our damage comes from a bleed.
When you press CS or Avatar, it doesn’t feel rewarding.

5 Likes

Bleeds for arms warrior makes sense i hope they just make it a passive and nerf the damage by like 75%. and introduce a new mastery or an old one.

3 Likes

Or a feral druid mastery, but it certainly does not fit warrior at all. Arms should be a hard hitting dps with a slower rotation, not a soft hitting dps with 10 haste corruption that does most of its damage with a passive ability due to its “mastery”.

3 Likes

Imagine making some1 bleed with a huge two-hand sword instead of cutting them in half… translates to Arms as it is, u scratch them for dmg as a two-hand juggernaught so the bleed kills them slowly, what a bs ideea, WE SHOULD DO BIG DMG !!!

4 Likes

Arms is conceptually garbage in BFA and SL (It’s unchanged, really).

Get rid of this awful mastery and make Mortal Strike kill things again. It’s not hard.

3 Likes

Arms warrior is really good this expac wdym?

Gameplay and game fantasy =/= Raw statistics

3 Likes

Arms is a great spec right now and mastery could suck? If it does you dont need to whine about it because i can ensure you that mastery is a bad stat for several other specs ingame.

What is this logic?
We come in the forums and whine because 1 stat is not good for us?
Are you guys serious :joy:

Talk about completely missing the point, what we are complaining about is the innate design of Arms and its Mastery. As it is now arms deep wounds is the biggest and almost only source of damage, yeah its a cool ability but not on arms. I started playing arms because of big hits. Imagine if they today changed Destruction warlock so instead of doing big Chaos bolts you just spammed shadow bolt because the new mastery gave shadow bolt a smaller cast time?

3 Likes

Why change a spec that is currently working so good?
Its not only arms that its mastery prevails on logs, its Hpriest too fyi.

At least this way arms looks better from its good old times AUTOATTACKS top dps ability, remember this?

Yes mastery does a lot of damage but that isnt really whats at fault here. If the arms mastery was something that acted like crits or big hits it would be good. Most other masteries usually follow the class fantasy of the class so why cant arms warriors mastery do the same?

Why is it better? Was it not better in MoP when Arms Warrior actually was a warrior instead of a Rogue/Feral in disguise? Theyve just changed it from bad to bad. It shouldnt be this hard to make a spec that hits hard and deliberate instead of just stacking bleed.

3 Likes

I dont know if you are actually aware of arms being n2 best dps atm in Nyalotha after blizzards favorite kid(mage)…
But you can call it bad for your reasons :slight_smile:

Man sorry but i cant put up with this, cant you read? Class fantsy and gameplay =/= numbers and statistics. Its a mmoRPG not a stat simulator. Arms feels worthless when it comes to fantasy and gameplay wise its a builder spender for some reason…?

Like if you want to wail about just playing the best switch to Fire mage and be content but personally i like the warrior game fantasy and thats what i want to play. I dont need my main class to be the greatest just that it follows the established fantasy of it.

3 Likes

Just because it works, doesn’t mean that it’s fine. Sure, it can hold its own, but the fact that that its among the least played melee dps classes on raiderio should tell you something. That something is that its not fun. Players who would want to play arms warrior don’t want a little cut bleed effect to be the thing that does most of their damage with a huge 2 handed weapon.

I also wouldn’t say that the spec is working “so good”. The spec is working because we have corruptions. Take that away and we are back to BfA season 2-3, where even less people played arms because there was no reason to. The only reason for more people playing arms is the lack of stats for fury when an expansion just comes out.

3 Likes

At least autoattack did big hits when it critted.

And I don’t see how autoattack and the mastery bleed is any different ?
You can’t control both.

It is working yes. But it is not fun when most of your dps is passive bleed. How many classes has their 3 core abilitys damage nerfed and replaced as back-loaded bleed. Only thing what i want is my abilitys to have more meaning. This just feels like blizzard did not have any imagination.

3 Likes

Just because it works you should stop whining about before they change it and eventually RUIN IT.

Really?
I see warriors being 13% for fury and 6.7% on arms while FDK+Ench is 5% feral is 3.8%, survival is 1.8% and sub 0.7%

How on earth you made up your “math” ?

Its working good and it was good(n2 dps) since the start of S4 that people did not have corruptions yet.

Shall i go now and start a threat in Priest forums to whine that 40%+ of my output is my mastery HoT echo of light?
Get serious :rofl: