Obligatory Daily: Arms Mastery Sucks

You said yourself, he spoke of SL. Again, not my fault you can’t read.

There’s no issue because I’ve been right about every single thing we argued.

He wrote a book and the last sentence said shadowlands.
Your silly excuse is still silly and obvious since you came up with it after 2 replies :joy:

I guess that comes with the same delusions that “we agreed”.
You gotta stop them, they ruin your life and your already low intellect :joy:

Again, you admit yourself he said it so there’s no argument to be had. If you actually read half the posts you got you’d not fall face first over again anf again.

Also we are still waiting for the houdini argument where you prove that good performance = class is in a good state.

I am now up to 505% mastery unbuffed, Deep wounds now deals 56,629 damage with each use with battle shout but before adding in the bastion of might x3 and gathering storm x3 i now have, when gathering storm is fully stacked alongside avatar, the mastery deals over 150000 damage, this is not taking into account the additional haste from focusing iris nor masterful navigation, I suspect that by the time i hit 12% increased mastery x6 that this will potentially shoot up towards the 300k+ mark just off my own steam and god knows how much during heroism but i have seen 150k tick crits at one point.

The mastery will likely shoot far beyond 1000% by the time i get those corruptions as it already goes above 900% during avatar.

The mastery is, in effect broken now, god knows how much it will deal if i choose to use the worldvein,

Ultra instinct

Just tried this in a vision, my mastery can go beyond 470k per 6 seconds in there.

Or just resignedness. This has been complained about since forever and a lot of people have just given up. Well, it has been changed now. The new version is still bad just less bad than the old.

When people say “it’s bad” they’re talking about the feel instead of the performance. Everyone can read meters and see that it way overperforms any other ability in the Arms’ arsenal.

and im guessing thats because most of the class is just automatic at that point.

The new version on the other hand just seems like a masteried version of a sub rogues nightblade.

however, i believe most of the issue with it is strength stacking buffs more than the effect itself

Rithiel. Recently I said that Arms had nothing to do between Auto-attacks. You said they had plenty. I then put up a case where I had all the talents that gave me passives only and then asked what plenty of things I had to do. You then slinked out of the conversation and never gave me an answer and since I made a direct reply to one of your posts I know that you got an alert for one thing happening.

Tell me, how can I take anything you say seriously from this point on when you’re unable to say that you were wrong when you’re unable to answer.

And Strength buff? The only thing that gives Strength is ToM. If you’re talking about the new M: DW then it’s straight-up +damage%. And even if it was 1% increased damage it would be too much. The concept of a self-applied buff increasing ALL damage can never be balanced.

Every DPS ability is designed with a benchmark in hand. Given the starting gear, I believe the benchmark for the new M: DW is +25%. Meaning that if Arms has a lower value it’ll underperform and if it has a higher value it’ll overperform.

Also due to this effect being tied to Mastery, Mastery is now a primary DPS stat out of a secondary stat. Choosing to have some or none in favour of Critical Hit and/or Haste is a false choice because taking either of those two unless there’s an absolutely massive difference is going to be a downgrade in DPS.

If the mastery increases your total damage done by +1% then it increases your DPS by +1%. The Critical Hit or Haste would have a stupid value for it to add +1% DPS.

Warrior is a hybrid class it got tanking and dps. A pure dps class is a class with ONLY DPS talent trees.
I really wonder when this idea came in to peoples head as i keep seeing this being said by people.

Now back to Arms having a bleed as there mastery well it does fit that the Blade master of wow would be able to toy with there oponent making many cuts, or just straight out go for the fast attacks. But i do agree that it sort of looks odd that arms warrior should have it be this impactfull.

By that reasoning, Paladins would be okay if they felt bad because they’re even more hybrids since they have a DPS, Tanking, And Healing Tree

Now back to Retribution having a DoT as there mastery well it does fit that the Holy warrior of wow would be able to toy with there oponent making the light burn them slowly. But i do agree that it sort of looks odd that Retribution paladins should have it be this impactfull.

If your argument can easily be twisted around to also be relevant to another subject then it’s a bad argument. You also start your follow-up with a “but” which cancels what’s said before it.

How a class feel or plays or even how much dps you do has nothing to do with the class being a hybrid or not. So what you just said right there is the most irrelevant thing in the WORLD.

Hybrid comes from the old talent trees when FURY warriors was Tanking.
A pure dps class only means the class CAN NOT DO ANY TANKING OR HEALING.
STOP being stupid.
The Pure dps classes in WoW is: Rogue, Mage, Warlock and Hunter.
There are NO OTHER PURE CLASSES.

A i see i am speaking to a stupid person my bad i should not have spoken at all.

I am not even going to respond to stupid. Then again i just remembered who you are by this response.

Yet, you defend the stance and at the same time make an argument for the DoT being that excessive except that you subconsciously think it’s fine by prefacing your argument with “but” instead of “and.”

Funny, I played with the Fury spec back In the day as part of my tank spec because Protection was crap. Going beyond Last stand was superfluous and you were better off putting the points in Fury. It had nothing to do with Fury being a tank spec it had to do with that the Prot talents were so bad that going 30 into Fury was a better alternative than sinking 31 points into Prot. This was changed in one of the BWL patches where the Prot talents became worth taking over the Fury ones.

I like how people who’ve no idea of the past do a “well acshually” on me when I was there and know that what they say is erroneous.

That you’ve no idea how rhetoric work is no problem of mine. Also, it’s “person who has stupid beliefs,” using “stupid person” is stigmatising and poisoning the well.

While you are technically correct in the sense that warrior does have a tanking spec, Blizzard themselves have never addressed warriors as a hybrid class (in fact, the only specs they ever refer to as “hybrids” have been druids. shamans and paladins). Hence I do not call warrior a hybrid class. But, tit for tat, a fair point.

This is the thing I’d like to do through talents: for some, like me, I like (arms) warrior to be this guy with a big, massive weapon swinging that deals really strong sweeping strikes. Some others favour a more fast paced weapon master (e.g. Samurai) style. And some something in-between. Ideally, arms could appeal to all these nuances through different talent options.

So if you wanted, you could build your arms to have these really massive, strong single hits, or these many and quick hits and bleeding your target out.

This’d also go for utility. Ideally, you could build your arms as either something of a bruiser that can survive a lot of punishment, or something that is more about weaving past attacks and/or masterfully parrying and riposting them and counterattacking.

Afaik thats how a lot of specs used to be pre-legion.

Literally speaking to my dyslexia and putting meaning to words in my mouth yeah you really got no idea.
This is what you think not me you have NO IDEA what i think or not, you belive i say something because of 1 word, you are just factually and actually just plain WRONG.
And i am the one who wrote that I AM THE ONE WHO KNOW what i mean.

And that made you a hybrid why is this so hard to understand again?

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WARRIOR BEING A HYBRID OR NOT BEING A HYBRID.
Literally this is the MOST useless information you could EVER SAY on the topic.
Just having a Tanking spec MAKES WARRIOR a Hybrid Class. As the ONLY PURE classes are AGAIN as you need the help: Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Warlock.

And you try to analzyse what someone means without knowing what the person or anything about them nor do you know anything that can show you what they actually say, you could ask them but that is something you are not able to do, stop being stupid and go back and actually learn about it as you have no idea of the facts.
If you ACTUALLY know about this you would not be so fast in using it so openly. But then again you prob just started learning about it so you think you are an expert.
That is the last thing you will hear from me as you are not worth my time.

It is true that druid, shaman and paladin is the only classes blizzard has called hybrids it is also the case that the only ones they have called pure classes has been Hunter, Mage, Rogue and warlock.

Sadly it is a lot of badly made mastery stats out there.

Dyslexia has nothing to do with it. George Lakoff did a study where he concluded that whenever we hear a word we automatically also hear its subconscious meaning. Extrapolating that knowledge to occupational therapy and the models my by Gary Kielhofner words are chosen subconsciously for their subconscious meaning.

So when you use “but” instead of “and,” it says something about your sentence and what you think subconsciously that you were never even aware of. What you tell yourself is the conscious rationale behind doing something. It’s often just putting a phenomenology on your subconscious, in this case habitual, decisions that you have no control over.

If you were choosing your words consciously then you’d be exhausted. Habits exist to allow us to do things without thinking of them and becoming exhausted.

I just looked at my calendar, it says 2020 instead of 2005. You also made that argument in the past tense instead of the present tense. Which leads me to believe you just said it to sound superior without realising how weak it made your argument.

A hybrid is someone who can do multiple things at once without having to spec into it. A Druid is a hybrid because they can still throw heals around regardless of what spec they are. A weak heal and a heal none the less.

If a WArrior tries to tank while specced Arms or Fury with the changes then they’ll die the moment their CDs end.

The effect is called the Affect Heuristic. It’s an acknowledged scientific theory. Turn it around and it explains many things we see in the phenomenological sphere of people’s existence.

And yes, I could ask them and then they would say like you that I just misunderstood them and what they really meant was… Which is a form of just moving the goalposts.

What people say or do in an unguarded situation is their real belief shining though. Everything else is just them being guarded and pr. the theory of arena identities them assuming the identity that they think will fit best into that environment.

You, like many others, think that they’re unique. There are 8 billion people on Earth right now and even when there were less they still had the same psychological mechanisms that allowed for studies and scientific theories to be made about them.

What is unique is how you express those things. Everything beneath them can be abstracted down to the same few mechanisms.

For example, in blackmail, there are only three triggers pride, shame, and greed. How either of those is expressed is unique. Greed can be classical greed for money. It can also be greed for increased social status or greed for a honey trap.

It’s the same with every other emotion you have. While there are tons of ways you can express they all come from the same base emotion. It’s also like that with everything else.

Also

That you chose to respond is pride even though you felt it was an insult based on the way you worded yourself. In this case, it’s pride over feeling that you’re unique and impossible to read and everyone that does it is just arrogant.

You aren’t taking haste into account for your globals, by stacking up haste you are effectively causing your own downtime by using up your globals faster than your non-haste cooldowns can reasonably reset and there is only so much that anger management can do for you in this regard.

Your problem is that you are following the guides blindly and not accepting the disadvantages of doing so, that downtime which you claim is effectively part of that particular guide and not part of various other builds, if i recall i answered you but you were being unreasonable and dismissing all the extra things that you could do.

And again, i never see you actually in an arms spec, so what would it matter to you?

1 Like

I have taken it into account and even with the reduction in the CGD it’s an unstable benefit because you need to have enough Rage to use the ability.

+1% Mastery gives a consistent and stable +1% benefit to ypur DPS.

+1% Haste gives an unstable effect on your total DPS because there are so many conditions to it actually being good.

People get the Haste to increase their Rage-generation which then provides a DPS increase. They never get Haste because it reduces the GCD. That’s just a collateral benefit of it. If Haste had no effect on the GCD it would still be facoured by far just for that increase.

The issue is that where before Mastery was a stat that Arms could largely ignore it now has the same importance as Haste in our overall performance. Arms is the only class with two primary secondaries.

This is just you blindly defending what you believe and your poisoning the well that I just appeal to authority has no standing. I’m in the Alpha when it was introduced into the game. There are no guides for optimal Arms’ performance as everything is in a test phase and thus unstable.

Your entire argument is a round-about appeal to emotion by poisoning the well. And you STILL to answer my question based on your own argument that I then gave certain comditions which can and will happen in the game.

That you ignore it once is maybe because you missed it, I’ll be generous and grant you that, ignoring it twice is a subconscious willfull effort to ignore an objective reality that goes counter to your subjective one.

And you did answer and there were so ma ny conditions in it that relied on optional choices. I then set up a case where I had none of those. You never answered that and have set up a subjective reality where you have and I was hostile to it.

I’ve no problem with you stating your opinion or giving your input. I have a problem with you doing it without any sort of humility or self-reflection and instant hostility toward anyone that disagrees with your assessment without even reflecting on their argument.

The whole point in a choice is that you must bear the disadvantages of what you choose in order to gain the benefits.

Null globals are simply one of those thigs that can occur, if you choose not to take them then that is on you, especially when it has little to no real impact on your overall end-performance.

I would not spec into solid direct damage and expect to be the DoT king for example any more than i would expect to have every global used if I chose a build that mass consumes resources but doesn’t generate any.

1 Like