Obtaining Rank 3 Essences on Alts

Oh my god.
A Blue post that didn’t come like a day after the NA one!
What is this, is the EU forum finally being treated equally as the NA one now? About time.

About the currency, I like that Horrific Visions give a lot, even though they’re boring to do in high amounts, makes it so that people who’ve stacked up on visions (like my alts) will get their essences really fast.
However with a lot of them coming from visions, people who’ve been keeping their alts’ cloaks the same as their main may feel cheated out of fast essences because this information came out so late.

I think that doing all of the assault in one week should give you enough to buy an essence, the black empire assault should rewards 250 while the 2 smaller ones give 125.
That’s gonna keep people doing them while not stressing about doing dailies so they can squeeze out 1 more vision run because they’ve been keeping up with their cloak ranks and don’t have any coalescing visions left.

Think everything else is fine and this is a good change, even though it came so late.

why is that only for r3 essences…

i don’t have the trashagone r3 essence because the farm is just stupid.
Now I cannot give the r2 essence to my alt, great job

also conflict and strife is in the same fail category. If you only have r1 or r2 you still need to do the grind all over again on your alt

devs in this game are really not thinking about all scenarios

3 Likes

Doing some napkin math that works out at 1 major essence per week from just doing the bare minimum in visions and your 3 assaults. That’s nothing.

If you actually play that character, as you would if you were gearing it. Clearing the raid, M+ dungeons, maxing your vessels to get your cloak on track, you’re easily getting to 3-4 essences a week, not counting the ones you could just acquire organically in that time like worldvein.

If you treat that alt like a main for a week, you’re getting 6+ essences on it in a week, from doing content that is also beneficial for that character’s progression in the current patch, instead of dithering around in 8.2 aspects of the game.

3 Likes

By just doing your assaults, emissaries and a vision full clear you can get 2 essences in a week of low effort stuff you’re probably already doing on that alt. That’s pretty damn good imo. So if you don’t raid, do PvP or M+ you will still only have to wait until the second week and you’ll have bought 4 essences. I don’t see how there’s anything bad about that.

This is the best example, how blizztard tries to fool us… by removing one grind and adding another one.
No wonder people are leaving en mass

3 Likes

They want us to invest more time in game. This system kinda grind for alts. I don’t see any major benefits unless player want to use specific class for end game. For example I just wanna explore vision with my 440 alt and let’s see how they doing in vision with essences- I don’t want to grind those wq, pvp, m+ etc. I don’t care about vision rewards at all.

We already paying sub - let players decide how much time they wanna spend. This Grind Philosophy is unnecessary.

4 Likes

Lower the amount needed per essence a bit, and im ok. I dont have time to put all my available playtime into this.

1 Like

imagine a new 120. just bought bfa. stuck at home for 2 weeks for the pandemic…go into a random bg. insta killed by laser beams and more laser beams. healers wont die due to mass bubbles etc from passives.

google about it. learn its some ‘‘essence’’ you must imbue your ‘‘neck’’ with …
yey now i go get it and become strong like my enemies in this bg
…learn it takes 4 weeks grind.

give up.

go play csgo dota and other free games instead

10 Likes

This is terrible for new players, competing against fresh 120s with rank 3 essences.

4 Likes

imo should be 300 instead 500.

and they should lower the req for original essences a lot.

5 Likes

agreed - they should also include r2 essences for lets say half the price and rank 1 for 1/4 .

but i guess its done in order to force people into grinding those r3 and boost MAU

Before you start complaining that it will take long to get your essences with this new currency, think again. You will only need 4-6 essences if you are starting from scratch on a new alt, you don’t need every essence for every spec. Mostly because many of them well, simply aren’t any good. In other words you will buy your best essences and then you won’t bother with it anymore.

When you say “account” do you refer to bnet account or WoW account? For example, if I have earned lots of rank 3 essences on WOW_Account_1, but currently play on WOW_Account_2, same region and same BNET account, do I benefit from the system or not?

/tar Kaivax
/hug

I understand your frustration, but you don’t need to do the grind all over again - you need to do the grind for the first time and earn the essence. This is an alt catch-up mechanic. One character still has to go through the whole thing which is completely fair.

Rank 3 Conflict & Strife is a 3-4 weeks effort depending on how far you push the rating
Rank 3 Null Dynamo is a one-day effort, check the LFG tool for “spareparts”

2 Likes

I want to believe it with all of myself, I want to delude myself that you are not lying as always, I want to hope that you have truly understood the importance of listening to fans, your community …
I implore you, do not disappoint us yet, do not hesitate to ask us if a feature could interest us or not, do not hesitate to listen to us!
as a loyal fan i’m frustrated to see good features removed and RNG-based things taking out the game

PLEASE DONT STOP THIS, PLEASE DONT LIE TO US, PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR FANS/CUSTOMERS!!

This update is gangster and has lots of $wag, keep it up homies

1 Like

point is, I don’t want r3 of those essences, because I don’t want to grind that garbage for some minor adds.
R2 would be more than suffice, but yet I need to grind r3 or grind r2 all over again.

system makes no sense for me

When do we get account wide essences?

1 Like

Rank 3 is 17 weeks capping conquest. Tried to do arenas with friends, but start losing at 1175 rating. So 1400 is not reachable with a negative winrate.

But very happy with these new options for alts!

I parked my alts and they stay parked, not going through this whole thing again with assaults or whatever is needed. I am focussing on my main and have been doing that mostly through BfA. This is nice for the account wide essences, but too little too late in my opinion.

2 Likes